• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gillette Tell Men Not to Buy Their Razors

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe that's not their tagline, but when you make a mini-movie telling me that men are racist sexist pigs and male behavior is toxic, that's pretty much the message

On Youtube it's getting a huge negative reaction. Although it seems Gillette and Youtube are manipulating the Likes and Dislikes. From the comments it says it had 800,000 dislikes earlier but now it's down to 500K. Even with that, it still has nearly 3x as many dislikes.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/koPmuEyP3a0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Yeah, I can understand wanting people to be better, but for goodness sake. They basically said, "Inside every man is a misogynist/rapist/bully that just wants to get out." Not the best way to sell razors to your largest razor customer block. I haven't used Gillette in years, because I just cannot see paying $13 bucks for three cartridges, so they can virtue signal somewhere else. I use Harry's and they seem to work well enough. Guess I'll just keep using them.

Maybe that's not their tagline, but when you make a mini-movie telling me that men are racist sexist pigs and male behavior is toxic, that's pretty much the message

On Youtube it's getting a huge negative reaction. Although it seems Gillette and Youtube are manipulating the Likes and Dislikes. From the comments it says it had 800,000 dislikes earlier but now it's down to 500K. Even with that, it still has nearly 3x as many dislikes.

Yeah, I read where it was so bad initially, that they took it down and put it back up later in the hope everyone had petered out. Apparently not.

49895760_2745908798782902_6276889253343395840_n.png

What does that say? It won't enlarge.

I used this very argument to convince a friend to NOT root for the Pats on Sunday. He HATES Andy Reid and HATES the Chiefs....so he was gonna pull for the Pats just to spite all of KC. I told him about this ad...asked him where the Pats played (Gillette Stadium) and asked him why he would support ANYTHING having to do with Gillette. He thought about it....and then agreed.

Not triggered. Just think that insulting your customers probably isn't the best way to sell razors.

Agree with both your post Sarge.

The demographics to sell to now are the sjw's.
They are the supposed hip generation of today.

It's just really weird how thin skinned people have gotten in a short amount of time. The media will try to make us feel guilty about anything these days

Not triggered. Just think that insulting your customers probably isn't the best way to sell razors.

But they are giving them away instead ? I just received a free Gillette razor in the mail. It was marked " Happy 18th Birthday" , inside there was indeed a razor and a $3 off coupon for a "Fusion 5" razor.

Hey, it makes sense...if you give your product away, why worry about insulting your customers ?

Oh yeah, I didn't see a trigger in there for me. Stopping bullying is cool.....so there's that

On the flip side, my hopes for the military have been redeemed somewhat. When my granddaughter enlisted in the Army I was happy for her because she was a hard worker with few options for the future. She has had some physical issues and a learning disability to deal with. The downside with the military was that she signed up for airborne. I love this girl to death but she is not an airborne kinda gal. At 5' nothing and barely 100 lbs she could very easily stay aloft forever if not properly weighted down, not to mention her physical limitations.

Well...she called yesterday and they washed her out of the 'birdshit & fools' squad. She doesn't know where she will be reassigned but her Poppy is relieved that that experiment is over. People are who they are, you can't make GI Jane outta Dorothy...or Toto either for that matter.

Last edited:
**** Gillette, bunch of pretentious ******* libtards. I stopped buying their overpriced crap years ago. I use a Feather safety razor and Feather blades. The quality is so much better and the cost is so much less.

iu

iu

Dollar Shave Club is where it's at. I've used their razor and blades for awhile and have no complaint.

Yesterday I sent Gillette some hate mail on their website. They have not responded and they probably won't, even though I gave them my email address. I used just about every derogatory word I know, without using the heavy hitters like mf, cs, c... gotta keep that **** professional. In the spots for First Name and Last Name, I signed it: Trump 2020.

The ad is virtue signaling and nothing more. Like some womanizing ******** is gonna see that ad and suddenly have an epiphany. Give me a break.

Seemed to work out well for Nike when they started their ad campaign with Colin Kaepernick.

Marketing genius, getting women on the left to begin shaving their legs again.

You might be closer to the truth than U realize

Surprise: The Genius behind the man-hating Gillette ad is a radical feminist

"The guy at the ad agency" is actually philosophically unpleasant feminist Kim Gehrig. Hiring her to court the male market is like expecting to accrue impressive rainbow flag sale numbers with spiels from Farrakhan.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...hating_gillette_ad_is_a_radical_feminist.html

You might be closer to the truth than U realize

Surprise: The Genius behind the man-hating Gillette ad is a radical feminist

"The guy at the ad agency" is actually philosophically unpleasant feminist Kim Gehrig. Hiring her to court the male market is like expecting to accrue impressive rainbow flag sale numbers with spiels from Farrakhan.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...hating_gillette_ad_is_a_radical_feminist.html

Rheeeeee!!!!!!!!! Rheeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear the feminist screeching now.

My favorite part is the too little boys wrestling playfully, smiling and laughing, and the dads saying "We don't treat each other like that". WTF? My son and his friends used to throw each other all over the basement at that age. Aside from a couple of holes in the drywall no harm ever done. And so far no bullies or rapists among them.

my favorite part is the too little boys wrestling playfully, smiling and laughing, and the dads saying "we don't treat each other like that". Wtf? My son and his friends used to throw each other all over the basement at that age. Aside from a couple of holes in the drywall no harm ever done. and so far no bullies or rapists among them.

yet!!!!

My favorite part is the too little boys wrestling playfully, smiling and laughing, and the dads saying "We don't treat each other like that". WTF? My son and his friends used to throw each other all over the basement at that age. Aside from a couple of holes in the drywall no harm ever done. And so far no bullies or rapists among them.

Any minute now!