• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Global warming science keeps making the same mistakes and proclaiming unrealistic tim

madinsomniac

Reaction score
https://science2017.globalchange.gov/

So once more checking out appendix C of this report, the modeling methods, shown to be inaccurate before, are listed, but the actual data collection methods or raw data is absent... moreover tgey incorporate the same flawed biased historical data without reflecting accuracy changes...

The government should not accept or publish any data that isn't compliant with CFR40 testing methods or at least side by side comparisons to show whatever equivalent method is as accurate, unbiased, qa/qc compliant, and repeatable before issuing these models...

The result is always a hyperintenified result that will not be realized in nature. The modeling would be more accurate if they followed proper test point grid locations for ambiant testing, and properly accounted for calibration error and drift on equipment...

If you want the scientific doubters on board, release the actual methods and raw data, not references to previous flawed modeling strategies... the data and the methods used to obtain it are more important than fancy graphing from potentially biased data...

We are infants trying to understand how the earth really works, "SCIENTISTS" should just stop pretending they know everything there is to know about everything.
Science discoveries never stop. Science is NEVER "settled" - EVAR!

Nasa Discovers Mantle Plume Almost As Hot As Yellowstone Supervolcano That's Melting Antarctica

mariebyrdlandwestantarcticabynasa.jpg

A mantle plume producing almost as much heat as Yellowstone supervolcano appears to be melting part of West Antarctica from beneath.

Researchers at NASA have discovered a huge upwelling of hot rock under Marie Byrd Land, which lies between the Ross Ice Shelf and the Ross Sea, is creating vast lakes and rivers under the ice sheet. The presence of a huge mantle plume could explain why the region is so unstable today, and why it collapsed so quickly at the end of the last Ice Age, 11,000 years ago.

Mantle plumes are thought to be part of the plumbing systems that brings hot material up from Earth’s interior. Once it gets through the mantle, it spreads out under the crust, providing magma for volcanic eruptions. The area above a plume is known as a hotspot.

http://www.newsweek.com/antarctica-...ost-hot-yellowstone-supervolcano-705086?amp=1

Last edited:
evar

Wouldn't it be cool to see a supervolcano blow in Antarctica, killing off all the earth's population in the southern hemisphere?

5 billion less mouths to feed. Gaia would approve.

We could give up NYC to some melting ice for that

Winning!

African leaders once again furious that they won’t get a climate change bonanza

African leaders were furious at last year’s climate change conference because Donald Trump had unexpectedly won the US presidential election and said that he would pull out of the climate change agreement. Even so, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urged a rapid scale-up in funding for climate change programs, especially to support developing countries. “Finance and investment hold the key to achieving low-emissions and resilient societies,” he said.

So now it is a year later, and there’s another climate change conference, and African leaders are furious again because there were plenty of promises made this week, but no commitments.

Africans claim that they are entitled to money because they are the victims of climate change. That is, the West has caused the climate change, and the Africans are suffering because of it.

g171117b.jpg

Actually, Africa has benefited enormously from carbon emissions. At the beginning of this article, there is a picture of Kinshasa, the capital city of Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).

You can see the skyscrapers, apartment buildings, roads, cars, and other infrastructure made possible by research and manufacturing performed by the West.

If it had not been for the West’s CO2 emissions, the people of Kinshasa would still be living in thatch huts and driving around in carts pulled by donkeys and camels. Africa is as responsible as anyone else is for carbon emissions because of the enormous benefits they get.

And what would happen if a huge pot of money were given to Joseph Kabila, the president of DRC, to mitigate climate change? Where would that money go? Anyone who knows anything about what is going on in Africa knows the answer.

Kabila would use the money to provide support and weapons to government militias slaughtering, raping, and mutilating thousands of people in Kasai province, where 3.9 million people have already been forced to flee their homes.

http://www.headlineoftheday.com/201...-that-they-wont-get-a-climate-change-bonanza/

Africans claim that they are entitled to money because they are the victims of climate change. That is, the West has caused the climate change, and the Africans are suffering because of it.

.....all kids in science class, im an ***.

Adjusted the data from your post to fit the agenda I wanted.. I just got rid of all the letters and words that didnt fit what I wanted your quote to say... I bet I can get this peer reviewed too...

the only thing different between this and the models and reports used to prop up the MMGW viewpoint is that we can actually see the original post and see what I cut out to make it read what I wanted it to... unlike all the hidden raw data and specific methodology from those reports...

Winning!

African leaders once again furious that they won’t get a climate change bonanza

African leaders were furious at last year’s climate change conference because Donald Trump had unexpectedly won the US presidential election and said that he would pull out of the climate change agreement. Even so, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urged a rapid scale-up in funding for climate change programs, especially to support developing countries. “Finance and investment hold the key to achieving low-emissions and resilient societies,” he said.

So now it is a year later, and there’s another climate change conference, and African leaders are furious again because there were plenty of promises made this week, but no commitments.

g171117b.jpg

Actually, Africa has benefited enormously from carbon emissions. At the beginning of this article, there is a picture of Kinshasa, the capital city of Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).

You can see the skyscrapers, apartment buildings, roads, cars, and other infrastructure made possible by research and manufacturing performed by the West.

If it had not been for the West’s CO2 emissions, the people of Kinshasa would still be living in thatch huts and driving around in carts pulled by donkeys and camels. Africa is as responsible as anyone else is for carbon emissions because of the enormous benefits they get.

And what would happen if a huge pot of money were given to Joseph Kabila, the president of DRC, to mitigate climate change? Where would that money go? Anyone who knows anything about what is going on in Africa knows the answer.

Kabila would use the money to provide support and weapons to government militias slaughtering, raping, and mutilating thousands of people in Kasai province, where 3.9 million people have already been forced to flee their homes.

http://www.headlineoftheday.com/201...-that-they-wont-get-a-climate-change-bonanza/

I said this exact thing a year ago when we were debating Paris Climate Accord.

And I'm one of the few conservative people here that believe in man made climate change (at least to some degree) and I still think the Paris deal was a bunch of distribution of wealth bullshit.

I said this exact thing a year ago when we were debating Paris Climate Accord.

And I'm one of the few conservative people here that believe in man made climate change (at least to some degree) and I still think the Paris deal was a bunch of distribution of wealth bullshit.

That's the thing. Even if you believe everything about climate change, the proposed solutions do nothing to change it. They are just wealth re-distribution schemes.

Global Cooling Alert!

Bali Volcano Shuts Down Flights

Indonesia’s Center for Volcanology and Geological Hazard Mitigation raised its aviation notice from an orange alert to a red one Sunday.

The ash, which began spewing into the sky after Mount Agung in eastern Bali erupted three times Saturday, has reached heights of about 2.5 miles, according to Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, head of information and data for

Indonesia’s National Disaster Management Agency. The first eruption came around 5:30 p.m. local time Saturday, Bali’s Regional Disaster Management Agency said. More eruptions followed and continued into Sunday, with a “medium-pressure eruption” in the early evening that sent ash 2,000 meters into the air, the agency said. By late Saturday, the volcanic ash plume had reached an altitude of 4.7 miles, according to Australia’s Bureau of Meteorology.

indonesia-volcano-1.jpg

http://ktla.com/2017/11/26/bali-volcano-shuts-down-flights-sends-residents-scurrying-to-safety/

We are infants trying to understand how the earth really works, "SCIENTISTS" should just stop pretending they know everything there is to know about everything.
Science discoveries never stop. Science is NEVER "settled" - EVAR!

that's the beauty of it, it never ceases. theories are finer-tuned and when it's agreed on by a vast majority of scientists, it's usually a very high probability explanation.

ten years ago the 90 percentile train of thought in this politics forum was that climate change was not occurring. has that status changed any?

that's the beauty of it, it never ceases. theories are finer-tuned and when it's agreed on by a vast majority of scientists, it's usually a very high probability explanation.

ten years ago the 90 percentile train of thought in this politics forum was that climate change was not occurring. has that status changed any?

Pretty much separates along Party lines.......which is 90 percent Republican/Conservative. There are many here that believe climate change exists, just not to the level claimed, and more of a natural ocurrence than man made.

Pretty much separates along Party lines.......which is 90 percent Republican/Conservative. There are many here that believe climate change exists, just not to the level claimed, and more of a natural ocurrence than man made.

do you think it's possible that this change that exists is becoming more severe, catastrophic?

They should just give all kids A's in science class, since according to some of you, any answer might be right someday.

According some of you, global warming is the right answer for just about everything - the cause of extreme heat, extreme cold, no snow, a lot of snow, draught, flood, less ice, more ice - even terrorism!

According some of you, global warming is the right answer for just about everything - the cause of extreme heat, extreme cold, no snow, a lot of snow, draught, flood, less ice, more ice - even terrorism!

i'm one of those, except not "the cause" of terrorism. in third world countries, especially as resources for survival become more scarce, the political violence is typically present.

do you think it's possible that this change that exists is becoming more severe, catastrophic?

I think it is possible. I would just like to see more empirical evidence of it. I remember winters being far more extreme during my childhood than now.

Can you point to specific human causes? What are they, and what percentage do each contribute? Please be specific, and cite your sources.

I think it is possible. I would just like to see more empirical evidence of it. I remember winters being far more extreme during my childhood than now.

My last two years of high school in 76-77 and 77-78 we had two winters in a row that were the worst I'd ever seen in my life to that point. All the talk then was about global cooling and the coming New Ice Age.
Then we had the Blizzard of 93. I was working at the hospital then and there was a shaded area of the receiving dock that had a pile of snow it in until May.
Coldest day in Pittsburgh history was January 19, 1994 which I remember clearly because we had my great-uncle's funeral that day and you could see your breath inside St.Sylvester's church in Brentwood because it was simply impossible to warm up a stone building that size. I wore thermal underwear and Sorel hunting boots with my suit and no one shut their car off in the parking lot.

Hottest and coldest days ever recorded in Pittsburgh. Oddly I was around for both of them so I can tell my granddaughter that she doesn't know what hot and cold really is.

https://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsb...ffected-by-global-warming/Content?oid=1336415

Can you point to specific human causes? What are they, and what percentage do each contribute? Please be specific, and cite your sources.

do you think there's a finite number of times we can rebuild areas hit by these increased natural catastrophes? regardless of whether or not man has contributed, we still have to endure.

do you think there's a finite number of times we can rebuild areas hit by these increased natural catastrophes? regardless of whether or not man has contributed, we still have to endure.

We may get to a point where people on the coasts (all three) may not be able to get insurance. OTOH they pay taxes too and that will be their first argument.

People need to live in areas not prone to these type disasters. If if they do, they are responsible for rebuilding. And , we need less people, in general.

GLOBAL COOLING ALERT!

U.S. Navy ship is trapped in Montreal until spring due to icy waters

A newly commissioned Navy warship will be wintering in Montreal after its journey to Florida was interrupted by cold and ice.

A Navy spokeswoman says the USS Little Rock was commissioned in Buffalo on Dec. 16 and was expected to make its way to its home port in Mayport, Fla.

Instead, the 118-metre Freedom-variant vessel has been moored in Montreal's Old Port area since Christmas Eve due to unusually heavy ice conditions.

uss-little-rock-montreal-20180121.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/montreal/navy-ship-montreal-stuck-1.4497416