• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

god help us

I wish i could "hibernate" all offseason.......sleep after the Superbowl, wake for pre-season........but the alternative is Canadian Football League...

Quiet offseason, doesnt bother me a bit.

I honestly don't see a super bowl run this year. Too many unknowns with who will be our #2 WR, can Bell be the back we expected with such a high draft pick last year, can our new front seven get to the QB, can our secondary hold up, will Roethlisberger stay healthy and have another good season. Too many questions to be answered but I will still hope for the best and remember it could always be worse. I can be a Browns or Vikings fan.

the World Cup has helped me this past month to focus on something else

The World Cup has helped me sleep.

I gave soccer its chance but it's too frustrating to watch something ALMOST happen over and over. When i first started watching a few world cups ago, it seemed exciting because there is theoretically non stop action. But the more i watched, the more i saw that there's really only 3 or 4 true scoring opportunities per game and the guy will whiff on half their chances at those shots on goal.

I honestly don't see a super bowl run this year. Too many unknowns with who will be our #2 WR, can Bell be the back we expected with such a high draft pick last year, can our new front seven get to the QB, can our secondary hold up, will Roethlisberger stay healthy and have another good season. Too many questions to be answered but I will still hope for the best and remember it could always be worse. I can be a Browns or Vikings fan.
I think only two of these questions will affect us getting to the SB

Can our front 7 get to the QB? We need more pressure and sacks (then consequently more turnovers). If so, then our secondary will hold up. If not, the secondary probably won't.

Will Ben stay healthy? Obviously a necessity

I think the Bell question is already answered to be honest. I do not consider him a question mark, I consider RB a strength.

The WR position has enough talent that someone will emerge as a #2 and a #3. It's just a question of who.

Can our front 7 get to the QB? We need more pressure and sacks (then consequently more turnovers). If so, then our secondary will hold up. If not, the secondary probably won't.

I think the Bell question is already answered to be honest. I do not consider him a question mark, I consider RB a strength.

The WR position has enough talent that someone will emerge as a #2 and a #3. It's just a question of who.

To me 860 yards at 3.5 ypc is still a question the needs answering. The fact they signed Blount and drafted Archer help alleviate some of my concerns but I still say we have more questions than answers at the RB position.

WR has talent but our #2 and #3 receiver was lost. I think Moore can be a capable 3rd, 4th clutch receiver but I am basing that off a different offense, with a different QB, in a dome playing environment. I also think Wheaton has the talent to be the #2 but 6 catches for 64 is not a vote of confidence. If he drops passes or runs wrong routes we could be in for a long season. DHB at this point is nothing more than a camp body and august cut in my opinion. He just never has been able to put it together so what makes anyone think he can with us. And finally Bryant is 6-4 with speed but I highly doubt he is more than a 4th or 5th receiver this year. Maybe even PS guy if Moye or Brown beat him out and they do have a year of this offense under their belt.

I think we need to have all five of these questions answered otherwise no super bowl or maybe even playoffs this year. That's a lot of questions going into training camp.

Yeah I'm worried about Wheaton too. Watching his college highlights, I just don't see NFL #2. I think he's a #3 though

my understanding was our #2 last season was just a guy who could have been easily and cheaply replaced by the guy throwing hot dogs at the game.

I see a lot more questions than that. Can the front 7 stop the run? Can Timmons call the defense correctly? Can Shazier be an effective ILB his rookie year?

I have no issues with the RBs. Bell and Blount are a strength IMHO. But the OL has ZERO starts as a unit. Can Pouncey play like his rookie year again? Does Gilbert still need help at RT? Is the game plan going to be limited because the OL is struggling to block anyone?

The WRs besides Brown are a total mystery. I'm sure Moore will be fine in the slot but Wheaton worries the hell out of me. I see very little talent here outside of Brown and Moore.

I see questions but Bell isnt one of them. If there is a hole he hits it. If there isnt he makes one. Can catch and block. He answered all questions for me

The World Cup has helped me sleep.

I gave soccer its chance but it's too frustrating to watch something ALMOST happen over and over. When i first started watching a few world cups ago, it seemed exciting because there is theoretically non stop action. But the more i watched, the more i saw that there's really only 3 or 4 true scoring opportunities per game and the guy will whiff on half their chances at those shots on goal.

If you waited 20 more minutes, you would have gotten your fill of goals.

There is always questions going into training camp. I think there are a lot of answers & we will be pleasantly surprised by some of them. I feel better about this OL than I have in years. RB isn't a ? mark. Wheaton, needs to show he is past injury, then he will be fine. Our special team returns game should be OK also. Actually, I think ST will improve a lot this year.

Salute the nation

I just wish we could be a playoff team again, instead of being the Cowboys east. Sigh.......

Interesting thoughts in the article. I think this year a lot of preparatory work gets done for the future. I hope lots of our draft picks work out to be as good as they were supposed to be. I expect teething issues to cost us several close games and another 8 and 8 or maybe even worse. I think next year we add another high quality draft that gets the majority of the next decades core players on the team. I am a bit concerned that we don't have the replacement for Ben on the team yet. It would be nice to have his replacement in the system and learning before he is needed.