• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gulf of Tonkin never happened

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
Hillary Clinton or The Smiths reference?

Clinton.

I have always known that politicians lie, but what has taken me almost 50 years to grasp is the depth of it, the total lack of respect for the American people by the ruling class. They believe they are on a different level and deserve things and concessions that normal people just can't get. Al Gore can have an office with 8 TVs going and 4 large computers screens, can private jet all over the place, but schlubs like us shouldn't have a pickup truck. Hillary Clinton **** up massively with the email thing, something that would already have just a low level worker for the State Department in jail.

However, until we do something about it, what difference does it make? I am not totally sold on Trump, but he may be our best chance to change some of this ****.

Geez POP, congrats on breaking a huge story. This has been matter-of-fact, common knowledge for over a decade.

This was brought to light in 2005, according to the US Naval Institute.

The Truth About Tonkin
http://www.usni.org/magazines/navalhistory/2008-02/truth-about-tonkin

Yea, you say this but TODAY I just got done debating x-military guys that no attack ever happened, and their response was "Oh, you must know the truth if you found it on the Internet."

So, no, not everyone realizes that an attack never happened at the Gulf of Tonkin as you suggest. Everyone of these guys still thinks an attack went down. Now, I never claimed these dudes were
the smartest guys you will find....................to think we have tapes where Johnson is speaking about that no attack happened AND we have x-sec def McNamara admit no attacks ever
happened, and these guys still think it did.

That is a completely different statement from "the Gulf of Tonkin event NEVER HAPPENED". Not to mention there is a difference between someone lying about something and someone telling the truth as they knew it at the time but being mistaken. As we have to keep telling the "BUSH LIED" people over and over again.

No, nice try. It wasn't a "screw up." Johnson is on tape talking about what to do after KNOWING FULL WELL an attack never happened. Instead of telling the truth, he covered it up so they could pursue their war of choice where 50,000 American troops died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Wl2M4yLkY

Don't get it twisted.

So, a buddy of mine, in social media, posts that, although he respected Ali as a fighter, we should not forget that he refused to serve his country when called upon.

My response was that Ali's stance on Vietnam was mostly agreed upon as time passed. In other words, he was right and had the balls to stand up for what was right, even with so much to lose (he was in his physical prime at the time, and his stance costed him 3+ years in the ring, in his peak physical condition).

I also mentioned how the war was started on a now known lie; we were never attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin. That was a lie to get Americans to get behind this unneeded war.

So, a whole group of Army guys just start to spout off, about how it must be true if it's on the Internet.

Fools. I have never seen a group to be so proud to be so ignorant. They must think being uninformed and stupid is an admirable trait. It isn't. The Founding Fathers would be embarrassed for them.

However, until we do something about it, what difference does it make? I am not totally sold on Trump, but he may be our best chance to change some of this ****.

Correct. Collectively, we need to do something about it. We need to stop playing the reindeer games. It's not Coke vs Pepsi. WE need to break the cycle. We have only ourselves to blame. We can't just sit and cry and complain. We actually have to DO something.

Johnson/Weld 2016.

Geez POP, congrats on breaking a huge story. This has been matter-of-fact, common knowledge for over a decade.

This was brought to light in 2005, according to the US Naval Institute.

The Truth About Tonkin

Hey Einstein, people in this very thread don't even realize GOT was a lie, and you think it's totally common knowledge?

Then why are people in this thread still unaware it was a lie?

Two days ago, I was verbally attacked by a dozen Army vets claiming GOT happened and those who don't think so are just tricked by Internet lies.

So, tell me how everyone knows GOT was a lie?

Go ahead, I am all ears.

"Duuuuhhhhhh, I watched a yutube video so it must be true. How many years have you served in the US military? I put in
18 years so Id say I know a little more about military history than you do. Yes, the gooks tried to sink our ships and that is
an act of war, no matter what you think the internets say about it. Yes, you can say whatever you want (thanks to me and
people like me, providing you the freedom to do so) but you are a moron."

People who dont believe in government conspiracies are simply fools... Sorry guys but the list of confirmed conspiracies throughout the years is long and atrocious.. Most wars are started with lies... Our own government has admitted to everything from feeding mentally challenged kids irradiated food to agreeing to allow spying from foriegn friendly countries on american civilians to circumvent internal spying laws. I could give you a hundred examples with the declassified docs to back it up... Its a simple truth that people in power abuse that power and manipulate the story.

Do you know who perpetuated the term "conspiracy theorists?" Well, none other than our clean and decent CIA.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...heorists-and-ways-attack-anyone-who-challenge

They pushed this term to ridicule those who didn't buy the official govt. JFK story. What sleazy ********.

Anyone thinking JFK was killed by "one loan nut" doesn't have a working brain.

Hey Einstein, people in this very thread don't even realize GOT was a lie, and you think it's totally common knowledge?

Then why are people in this thread still unaware it was a lie?

The second attack likely did not happen. The first one did. You are acting like the entire incident was completely fabricated. That's not accurate.

Some more reading for you, if you can stand actually reading instead of watching lame Youtube videos: