• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hall of Fame decision day for Polamalu, Faneca

My Faneca story. In 1998, Faneca got drafted and was holding out, he hadn't signed yet. I called Tom Donahoe, and the secretary asked who was calling I said, Alan Faneca. He was a little shocked and wasn't overly pleased, told me not to do that again.

I mean Troy absolutely deserves it...

Hutch was not a better guard than Faneca was, but they cannot all be Steelers this year right?

Faneca will be part of a phenomal class next year that will be dominated by 1st ballot talent with the likes of Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Jared Allen and Calvin Johnson entering the mix.

Faneca will be part of a phenomal class next year that will be dominated by 1st ballot talent with the likes of Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Jared Allen and Calvin Johnson entering the mix.

Yes but the moderns are so backlogged... Issac Bruce just got in andvhe probably should have been close to a first ballot guy... guard gets whitewashed badly... next year lynch is absolutely making it cause the super bowl is in Tampa and the writers/voters love those stories... Peyton is first ballot... Woodson too... a wr is probably making it... not a lot of room for a lowly guard..

I really expected a single player from each position would get in - since they went with 2 safeties, at least one of the guards was getting shutout.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Yes but the moderns are so backlogged... Issac Bruce just got in andvhe probably should have been close to a first ballot guy... guard gets whitewashed badly... next year lynch is absolutely making it cause the super bowl is in Tampa and the writers/voters love those stories... Peyton is first ballot... Woodson too... a wr is probably making it... not a lot of room for a lowly guard..

I hear ya ..... but there are only 12 Guards who have accomplished what Faneca has and 11 of those are already in the Hall of Fame. Keep the faith for a guy who has been a finalist for 5 years now and has the most accolades of anyone on the list. We had 3 guys join this year so it was tough to place him in this year's class.
Next I see the following playing out for the 2021 draft class...... Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, John Lynch, Alan Faneca and a WR or possibly Zach Thomas (the receiver class will split and share votes between Holt, Johnson and Wayne so it may open the door for someone else to sneek entry). Either way I feel very confident that BIG RED will get his dues ....just a matter of time.:clock:

If a guy is a Hall of Famer, they're a Hall of Famer. Would rather see them get in sooner rather than later if they are deserving of the honor.

Faneca was so much better than Hutchinson, that's a ******* crock of ****.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

You know what,let’s not diminish another players achievement just ‘cause he was not a Steeler. Hutchinson was a 5 time first team all pro,a dominant player,and a good guy in his time. Congratulations Steve. Faneca was a 6 time first team all pro.....and was voted on the 2000’s decade team. Totally deserving as well. Dominant as well. Let’s hope he makes it on next year.

Great post Steelman. The only reason Faneca dd not get in is die to Steeler fatigue and the fact Troy was a lock and no way were they going to out in 2 Steelers in a 5 man class. Faneca gets in eventually just like Swann abd Staworth did after way too many years of not getting in to inferior players. due to Steeler fatigue.

You know what,let’s not diminish another players achievement just ‘cause he was not a Steeler. Hutchinson was a 5 time first team all pro,a dominant player,and a good guy in his time. Congratulations Steve. Faneca was a 6 time first team all pro.....and was voted on the 2000’s decade team. Totally deserving as well. Dominant as well. Let’s hope he makes it on next year.
Sort of with you Hutch was deserving, it is just Faneca should have had the edge. A little something to throw into the woodpile. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_G.htm

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

It is bull ****.

When it is your time, you should go in. Period. **** this petty partisan bullshit.

Life happens. Alan should enjoy his moment now. Tomorrow is not a guarantee for anybody.

No one was putting Hutchinson down, you can say Mean Joe was so much better than Sapp, that's not putting Sapp down. Faneca could move so much better than Hutchinson, more all pros, and been retired longer. Faneca is/was better than Hutchinson, by a solid margin too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app