• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Yeah, I was talking about judging people by the content of their character, not the color of their skin. That's my takeaway from MLK.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Seems to me his message back then (based on the signs in those great pictures) was jobs and God.

Sounds an awful lot like what middle America has been asking for year after year after year.....

You do realize the KKK was founded by the Democratic Party. The Republican Party was founded to help end slavery. Better check out your history.

I know **** about that racist bunch of bullshit. I would love to see all the liberal KKK members out there...******* hysterical.

Last edited:
Funny that the 2 biggest liberal icons of the 20th century, JFK and MLK, held beliefs that would be mostly inline with today's Republican party.

I've often said that judged by today's standards JFK would be a Republican and Nixon would be a Democrat.

I know **** about that racist bunch of bullshit. I would love to see all the liberal KKK members out there...******* hysterical.

You don't know your history. MLK would **** if he was alive and see how the Democratic Party has kept the blacks on the plantation.

Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders. Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal–the reestablishment of white supremacy–fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s. After a period of decline, white Protestant nativist groups revived the Klan in the early 20th century, burning crosses and staging rallies, parades and marches denouncing immigrants, Catholics, Jews, blacks and organized labor. The civil rights movement of the 1960s also saw a surge of Ku Klux Klan activity, including bombings of black schools and churches and violence against black and white activists in the South.

http://www.history.com/topics/ku-klux-klan

Wasn't Tipper Gore, you know the liberal icon Al's father, a long standing southern Democrat racist? I believe so.

Tipper is Al Gore's wife. Al Gore, Jr.'s father is Al Gore, Sr.

Ah thanks for the memory boost. I remember when Sr was very very powerful. Jr was but a pimple on pops buttocks. And racist? That man was amongst the worst if I recall. Yet somehow daddy's passing made all that very recent ugly history go away. What is the cause du jour of the "caring" dems? Slavery. Slavery that hasn't been experienced legally in this country for 150 plus years. There have been movies, poignant artworks, music, plays, books, etc etc etc about slavery recently.

Do you think that the "justice" seekers could direct their actions to a more relevant roadblock to their success, well being and hell yes, the pursuit of happiness?

WEdmKh7.png

Senator Robert Byrd, D West Virginia.

He's dead now but he was Hillarys mentor. He was also Grand Kleagal of the WV Klukkers.