• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hargrave leaves practice with apparent injury

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib 2m2 minutes ago
Javon Hargrave left practice early with an apparent knee injury. Tuitt said he didn't get full details yet, but said he left early.

hopefully it is something minor...

In Ben We Trust

Reaction score
I mean seriously..... what is the deal with injuries/suspensions and this franchise????? Goodness.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe the training staff needs a little more training.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
falling skyes

Spike

Reaction score
Maybe it's - Johnny Maxey time!

#62 DT
Pittsburgh Steelers | Official Team Site
Height: 6-5 Weight: 283 Age: 22
Born: 10/19/1993
College: Mars Hill

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
McCuller says Hargrave "Felt a little tweak ... Hopefully its nothiing serious and he'll back soon." #Steelers

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Well of course he was just named the starter. Do other teams really have this much trouble. Gawd.

Spike

Reaction score
Steelers rookie Hargrave, tabbed to start at nose tackle, injured

Javon Hargrave was on top of the world one minute and then laying on his back the next.

Only hours after the Steelers' rookie third-rounder was promoted to the starting nose tackle, Hargrave left practice after apparently injuring his knee during the team's first workout in advance of Monday night's season-opener against the Redskins.

There was no immediate update on Hargrave's injury, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin doesn't address the media until Tuesday. But a pair of his fellow defensive linemen are hoping Hargrave's injury isn't serious.

“I heard it was a little tweak or something like that,” said nose tackle Daniel McCullers, whom Hargrave beat out for the starting spot. “Hopefully he will be back because we are going to need him.”

Hargrave was not available during the locker room media session after practice.

Defensive end Stephon Tuitt saw Hargrave hobble off the field during a team defensive period midway through practice. Tuitt checked on Hargrave while he was being looked at by team trainers but didn't immediately know the extent of the injury.

“I really didn't get a chance to see how he was,” Tuitt said. “We will probably get more information later on. He did leave early to have it checked out.”

If Hargrave's injury isn't serious and he starts at the Redskins, he will join some select Steelers company.

Only two players have started their first professional game as a rookie on defense over the past 14 years — Kendrell Bell in 2001 and Ryan Shazier in 2014. The last defensive lineman to start as a rookie was Brentson Buckner in 1994. Hall of Famer Jack Lambert

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/11079525-74/hargrave-rookie-steelers

---------------------

No panic yet

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand braces effect your performance, but a player WITH a brace @ 95% is much better than an injured player WITHOUT a brace.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
ESPN Jeremy Fowler on twitter
Nothing official but I’m hearing Steelers DT Javon Hargrave’s injury not expected to be serious. Hoping to play Week 1
Fingers crossed

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers rookie Hargrave, tabbed to start at nose tackle, injured

Javon Hargrave was on top of the world one minute and then laying on his back the next.

Only hours after the Steelers' rookie third-rounder was promoted to the starting nose tackle, Hargrave left practice after apparently injuring his knee during the team's first workout in advance of Monday night's season-opener against the Redskins.

There was no immediate update on Hargrave's injury, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin doesn't address the media until Tuesday. But a pair of his fellow defensive linemen are hoping Hargrave's injury isn't serious.

“I heard it was a little tweak or something like that,” said nose tackle Daniel McCullers, whom Hargrave beat out for the starting spot. “Hopefully he will be back because we are going to need him.”

Hargrave was not available during the locker room media session after practice.

Defensive end Stephon Tuitt saw Hargrave hobble off the field during a team defensive period midway through practice. Tuitt checked on Hargrave while he was being looked at by team trainers but didn't immediately know the extent of the injury.

“I really didn't get a chance to see how he was,” Tuitt said. “We will probably get more information later on. He did leave early to have it checked out.”

If Hargrave's injury isn't serious and he starts at the Redskins, he will join some select Steelers company.

Only two players have started their first professional game as a rookie on defense over the past 14 years — Kendrell Bell in 2001 and Ryan Shazier in 2014. The last defensive lineman to start as a rookie was Brentson Buckner in 1994. Hall of Famer Jack Lambert

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/11079525-74/hargrave-rookie-steelers

---------------------

No panic yet

I always thought Hampton started his first game as a rookie. Huh.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Here is to this just being exactly what it sounds like, a tweek. I don't l;Ike injuries at all, but sometimes this "all information all the time" can be just a little to much. Speedy recovery and off to the races............

Salute the nation

TWEEK1106

Reaction score
I mean seriously..... what is the deal with injuries/suspensions and this franchise????? Goodness.

Don't let anyone around here hear you suggest that the Steelers are any more injury prone than any other team.

That would be ridiculous........... except for the fact that injuries have defined just about every recent season for us.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't let anyone around here hear you suggest that the Steelers are any more injury prone than any other team.

That would be ridiculous........... except for the fact that injuries have defined just about every recent season for us.
Right just us.
Romo
Teddy
Brady pretty finger
Bosa
JJ
D Parker
Matt jones
Eric Ebron
McFadden (shocker)
Matt Kali
Wentz

And on and on and on

miiike

Contributor
Reaction score
While this list does not appear to be entirely complete, it looks like the Falcons, Ravens, Bills, Panthers, Bears, Bengals, Cowboys, Broncos, Lions, Packers, Texans, Colts, Dolphins, Vikings, Patriots, Saints, Giants, Jets, Chargers, 49rs, Seahawks, and Titans also must have bad trainers.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/injuries

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
We had trainer issues when every week six guys were pulling their hamstrings. Isn't the case anymore. That was back in the Richard Huntley days. Think they fired all the trainer's.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Injuries happen. My issue is two-fold.

1 ) For whatever reason, the Steelers spend too many high draft picks on injury prone players. Being on the outside looking in, us fans do not see the player's medical report / grade but the Steelers do.

2 ) Our trainers and medical people miss-diagnose the severity of the injury too often. The Ladarius Green singing still stinks like a ***** house at low tide. Someone should be fired for that one.

ianv2012

Reaction score
Injuries happen. My issue is two-fold.

1 ) For whatever reason, the Steelers spend too many high draft picks on injury prone players. Being on the outside looking in, us fans do not see the player's medical report / grade but the Steelers do.

2 ) Our trainers and medical people miss-diagnose the severity of the injury too often. The Ladarius Green singing still stinks like a ***** house at low tide. Someone should be fired for that one.

Hahaha my goodness........

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Ok but lets not pretend that the Green situation isn't a **** up. Cause it is. Also, Dupree either wasn't fully healed and shouldn't have been practicing or he should have got his surgery and would be 3 weeks ahead now. Take your pick. Not to mention the situation last year with Pouncey. You have world c;*** physicians and medical centres and he almost dies of staph. Really. People break their ****** ankle all the time.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
How can you tell someone has a headache if they don't tell you?? When someone can tell me that I will blame someone for Green..

Dupree just like with any other person before you go to surgery you try alternate options..they tried them didn't work. We had 48 sacks last year Degree had 4 and they all came within the first couple of games. Hope fully he makes a jump when he comes back but Moats while he doesn't have Dupree's upside can play. People wanted to see what chick can do well here's his chance.

TWEEK1106

Reaction score
Right just us.
Romo
Teddy
Brady pretty finger
Bosa
JJ
D Parker
Matt jones
Eric Ebron
McFadden (shocker)
Matt Kali
Wentz

And on and on and on

Maybe you missed the part where I stated that this happens EVERY SEASON to us.

Our team is the only one in the league who's season, for at least the last 5yrs, is DEFINED not by our roster, our schedule, or our scheme......but by our injury report.

Yes, all teams deal with injuries......some of them season altering.

The Steelers are the only ones who deal with it this consistently IMO.

TWEEK1106

Reaction score
Then add the suspensions and this team is merely a shadow of what it should be.