• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hargrave leaves practice with apparent injury

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe you missed the part where I stated that this happens EVERY SEASON to us.

Our team is the only one in the league who's season, for at least the last 5yrs, is DEFINED not by our roster, our schedule, or our scheme......but by our injury report.

Yes, all teams deal with injuries......some of them season altering.

The Steelers are the only ones who deal with it this consistently IMO.

No you just do not have an emotional investment in the other teams. This is something we all deal with. We make irrational statements of both positive and negative things based on our feeling and the fact we know more about our team than others. I am sure you could find many other fans who feel exactly the same way s you do about there own teams.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, all teams deal with injuries......some of them season altering. The Steelers are the only ones who deal with it this consistently IMO.
I highly doubt the facts bear that out. We're just living in an echo chamber of all things Steelers and it may seem like that from the inside looking out. I think if you look around the league, it's probably a wash with all things injury related, as well as things like draft picks panning out et al. Everything is amplified when it comes to the Steelers, cause we live and breathe this info day in and day out. But I don't think there's anything unique, or specific, about our injuries relative to the rest of the league.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2016/09/steelers-dt-javon-hargrave-im-good/

He says he's good

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe you missed the part where I stated that this happens EVERY SEASON to us.

Our team is the only one in the league who's season, for at least the last 5yrs, is DEFINED not by our roster, our schedule, or our scheme......but by our injury report.

Yes, all teams deal with injuries......some of them season altering.

The Steelers are the only ones who deal with it this consistently IMO.

This is just RUBBISH. Every team deals with it - you just know more about the Steelers' because your a fan...

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok but lets not pretend that the Green situation isn't a **** up. Cause it is. Also, Dupree either wasn't fully healed and shouldn't have been practicing or he should have got his surgery and would be 3 weeks ahead now. Take your pick. Not to mention the situation last year with Pouncey. You have world c;*** physicians and medical centres and he almost dies of staph. Really. People break their ****** ankle all the time.

This is why it's good to have someone with medical experience explain things to you. Pouncey's life was never in danger because of a staph infection. His staph infection was problematic, and was the reason why he couldn't come back last year, but his life was never in danger. You may be misremembering Lloyd when he had a staph that was life and career threatening.

Green's situation is not a fuckup. It's a setback. They happen all the time in the medical field. Like Pouncey last year, who missed is return time table, Green has missed his. Thus far, the headache issue is hearsay. There is no evidence to him having a concussion. He was running during practice, but was never ready to cut. I'm leaning that this is an ankle or knee issue now, and he should be ready to go sometime in October.

With Dupree, you have to determine whether or not the injury requires surgery, and it takes time and assessment. You don't jump headfirst into a surgery without all of the facts. That would be rash and dangerous to the athlete. Now he's set to come back in November, and with this type of surgery, I believe he will be practicing week 6 and will return week 9.

Doctors and medical staffs are not omnipotent, though if you do a bit of research into the UPMC system, you will see that we have the best kinetic injury (sports medicine) department in the country. Athletes from all of the major sports come to Pit for surgery, because the best surgeons are here. This is a huge advantage over other teams. It's also the reason why Sidney Crosby's "head/concussion" problem eventually was correctly diagnosed as a neck injury. It's also why he hasn't had a recurring issue since the proper surgery was done. His career may have ended if he wasn't in Pittsburgh.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Reported to be a quad injury and not a knee, although its all attached. We will see in 5 short days whether he suits up and can go. Football season is upon us.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How can you tell someone has a headache if they don't tell you??

Cheap Steelers won't hire this guy, who would know if a headache was coming:

91a138cc578111eaa055f8c82e6cdf65.jpg

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2016/09/video-breaking-steelers-roster/

I just listened to this mushmouth go over the roster and I could have sworn he said Hargrave has a turf toe. Evidently the same degree of injury that Timmons played with all last year. Maybe I'm hearing things, I guess this Alex Kozora hasn't finished his speech classes yet or I need a hearing aid...maybe both.