• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Harriet Tubman on the $20

Stewey

Reaction score
Nice to see that we are "progressing", "evolving" whatever...but that mug?

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/harriet-tubman-replaces-jackson-on-20-bill-672374851558

OmrgGYG.jpg

I believe Aunt Jemima would have been the better choice by miles.

Tb7Kvh8.png

Last edited:
Oddly enough, if you purchase REAL maple syrup, not the maple flavored corn syrup **** that is Aunt Jamima, Log Cabin, etc., it will cost you... $20.

It's worth it, IMO.

Jesus that's one gross looking picture. I think I'm gonna have to just keep 50s and 100s on my person.

Yep I could care less who is on money... had I not had to learn it back in grade school id probably not know... I certainly couldn't care less, because I don't care at all...

I could care less who is on the $20 bill as long as it is still worth $20. It cracks me up that anyone would think that when anyone goes to the ATM to make a withdrawal, that they will now have a greater appreciation for the struggles of slaves.

Being that the figures on our currency are that of the Founders, presidents, and statesmen, Tubman seems a bit out of place.
Frederick Douglass would have been a much better choice....except that he was half white, not an authentic black, a Republican, and the antithesis of Obama in ideology.

Isn't it funny how the sentiments of Douglass toward our political parties still apply today.

KPzbYAP.jpg

Reactions: MTC
Harriet Tubman was a Republican. She was also a strong advocate for the 2nd Amendment. I say put her on the $20 and be honest about her beliefs.

Andrew Jackson had his issues, but he was the first President who was not of English stock. He was of Scots-Irish descent. So that makes it a little hard for me to see him taken off. But if it is for Harriet Tubman and people learn her true views, great.

It's important to remind everyone of our national shame daily. It will be helpful by...it's a good idea because...it will make liberals happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC
I don't even really use cash anymore, just for babysitters. I put everything on my card to get the rewards points.

Harriet Tubman was a Republican. She was also a strong advocate for the 2nd Amendment. I say put her on the $20 and be honest about her beliefs.

Andrew Jackson had his issues, but he was the first President who was not of English stock. He was of Scots-Irish descent. So that makes it a little hard for me to see him taken off. But if it is for Harriet Tubman and people learn her true views, great.

Good luck on getting her true views taught....

There's just something wrong with strippers getting their crotches stuffed with "Harriet Tubmans"... kinda undermines womens suffrage and the feminist movement I would think.

PHyXnr4.jpg

Last edited:
I see it as pandering pure and simple. They should have honored her on a quarter or dollar coin not on the main banknote. As Stewey points out that should be reserved for the founders, presidents and statesman. Although I would be fine if they were replacing the Tyrant Lincoln on the five with her.

Andrew Jackson was a weak pick for a dollar bill. My take is this. Create new legacies, do not erase older ones.

Part of Obama's hidden agenda is to re-name and re-image icons, taking off previous white names, and inserting others. He remained a mountain, and now is changing the $20.00 bill

Tubman, by the way, was a staunch advocate for the second amendment. I'm not even sure Obama is aware of that, but the press should remind him that she fought and called tyranny for what it was. Far from his " man-made disasters " or try to make nice to those who hate us and give them billions.

Oddly enough, if you purchase REAL maple syrup, not the maple flavored corn syrup **** that is Aunt Jamima, Log Cabin, etc., it will cost you... $20.

It's worth it, IMO.

Bought a couple of the 100% maple syrup jugs a month ago at Costco. Huge difference in consistency of the syrup. Log cabin is tasty though

What did G.Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Andrew Jackson all have in common?

They were the last white guys to have those last names.

I have no problem with taking America's Hitler off of the $20. He was all about the murder and genocide of Native Americans. Only difference is AJ actually did the killing himself. I'm actually surprised there isn't outrage about the nickel. On the back is his plantation where he owned and beat his slaves. To me, that is a more offensive symbol than a confederate flag (which I don't find offensive at all).

It is also interesting that the Republican were the anti slavery party, back when they were the liberal party and dems were the conservatives. That all changed by FDR. Dems became the liberal party and the Republican party became conservative. It's all 2 sides of the same coin that keeps flipping every century or so.

Get rid of Franklin? "Not Today!"

13084052_1012463145456280_197447723_n.jpg

89cnQ5WDFeOCnVNOTS4h_w_r.jpg

If it's anything like a housing market, the value of the $10 bill will immediately plummet in value. Might only be worth $5 in a decade.