• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Harvard is teaching a class on....... Taylor Swift

Makes total sense for the college. Offer classes and majors for anything and everything to tap into that guaranteed Federal money. The college gets paid, whether the students pay back the banks or government is not their problem. That's why I say put the colleges on the hook for whatever their graduates don't pay back after ten years. That'll put a stop to it real quick.
EXACTLY!

This is why colleges have come up with so many majors ending in "studies". Rember a year or two ago the story that came out about the alarming number of college graduates that had IQs below 90? Yeah, those are the people that are taking the TayTay course.

I have nothing against her. I don't particularly care for her music but anyone that can start as young as she did and turn her brand into a billion dollar income deserves some respect especially having the following she does. but again we get back to the student loan conversation and having a "swifty" class just doesn't seem like the most responsible idea..
It’s a private institution, I could care less what those schools teach.

I do believe that taxpayer backed student loans should only be allowed for State public colleges, and should be split with the State and Federal guarantees. I also believe that those loans should also only go to State Jr colleges for core and prerequisite classes. You can then get additional loans to complete your degree at a “Sr” State college.