• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hate to rain on our 400 yd parade....

We went out and put up over 400. We can’t control who is put in front of us.

With their “D” being weak, we did what is expected. Beats the hell out of NOT putting up 400.

Salute the nation

Good post, although I would have liked to have seen at least 1 more TD to come out of those 400 yds, which I'm sure everyone does.

A 2 TD day may have been a reality if DJ didn't just stand there and watch Warrens fumble rather than jump on it.

WTF was he thinking??

Last edited:
Good post, although I would have liked to have seen at least 1 more TD to come out of those 400 yds.

A 2 TD day may have been a reality if DJ didn't just stand there and watch Warrens fumble rather than jump on it.

WTF was he thinking??
Ask @Avoid_Lloyd his analysis is spot on!!!

The referee did his best to balance it out.

....but the Bungles have the 4th worst defense in the NFL.
I did not know that.

I would love to know what yinz think about that, and has it put a damper on things for you?

Good news is that we have moved up.
And this week we play the 7th worst. That is who is on the schedule and if anything it works out in the teams favor as they implement new wrinkles in the offense and gain momentum. Probably a tougher go vs the Pats as they still have a decent defense but hopefully by then things are hitting on all cylinders. We don't need 500 yards and 5 tds from the QB. We need 225-250 and a touchdown or two. And our running game just needs to keep chugging along like it has the last 4 or 5 games. It sucks that the Bolts couldn't pull off the upset last night. But the Ratbirds play the Rams with a healthy Cooper Kupp, AFC South leading Jags, 49ers, and Phins before we end the season at Baltimore. All I want is to have that game to decide the AFC North.

The offense controlled the clock with our 4th straight 150+ rushing game. The win was never in doubt at end game, because the Bengals needed 2 scores and an onside kick recovery which doesn't work in the NFL anymore. I didn't have my heart in my throat at the end of the game for once, even if we only scored 16 points, it was a comfortable 16 for once. D played a lot better with all of that rest as well.

We will go heavy run this week vs the Cardinals.

And this week we play the 7th worst. That is who is on the schedule and if anything it works out in the teams favor as they implement new wrinkles in the offense and gain momentum. Probably a tougher go vs the Pats as they still have a decent defense but hopefully by then things are hitting on all cylinders. We don't need 500 yards and 5 tds from the QB. We need 225-250 and a touchdown or two. And our running game just needs to keep chugging along like it has the last 4 or 5 games. It sucks that the Bolts couldn't pull off the upset last night. But the Ratbirds play the Rams with a healthy Cooper Kupp, AFC South leading Jags, 49ers, and Phins before we end the season at Baltimore. All I want is to have that game to decide the AFC North.

Yeah, when i had checked the stats a couple of weeks ago, before the Browns game.. New England had a middling defense… then they had two good defensive performances and jumped into the top 10… but the dirty secret is there really are only 5 elite defensive units… New England is a middling defense. Better offenses shame them and they feast on crappy teams…

They are a good barometer to judge the offense against… but they aren’t a elite d like Cleveland or Baltimore or SF…

Good post, although I would have liked to have seen at least 1 more TD to come out of those 400 yds, which I'm sure everyone does.

WTF was he thinking??

Don't lose sight that the DJ NON-TD was actually a TD. Red Flag challenge guy failed in thet regards.

Salute the nation

Yeah, when i had checked the stats a couple of weeks ago, before the Browns game.. New England had a middling defense… then they had two good defensive performances and jumped into the top 10… but the dirty secret is there really are only 5 elite defensive units… New England is a middling defense. Better offenses shame them and they feast on crappy teams…

They are a good barometer to judge the offense against… but they aren’t a elite d like Cleveland or Baltimore or SF…
What do those 3 "elite" defensive teams have in common?

Their offenses are all in the top 7 in TOP in the league....In fact, Cleveland is first.

Last I looked the Steelers were 27th in TOP....and that includes yesterdays good time of possession factored in.

That why I am very high on our defense for the remainder of the year.....we now have a running game to control the game and with Micah back soon on D.

What do those 3 "elite" defensive teams have in common?

Their offenses are all in the top 7 in TOP in the league....In fact, Cleveland is first.

Last I looked the Steelers were 27th in TOP.

Yesterday was a good start to change that. Also remember that that trend can and should change for the STEELERS.

Salute the nation

Thank You!
I knew I could count on you!

Not dissing at all, sometimes my head just makes me post stuff,............ kind of like a nervous twitch.......................

Salute the nation

Yesterday, the Bengals defense suffered from what the Steelers defense has suffered from all season - an offense that couldn’t stay on the field,
The look on Burrow's face said it all every time they panned over to him.

they mentioned cincy's defensive issues during the game

this does nothing to damper my thoughts on todays game

it is what it is

a step in the right direction
But "how much a step?" A step towards not only making the playoffs but to "winning a playoff game?" Is the step that significant?

Hey, we're moving the ball. Now let's work on finishing with SIX!

I think Mike Sullivan did a good job yesterday. I would expect him to get the OC nod, if things go as usual via Tomlin's tendency to 'hire from within' his own failing systems.

Hell, are there any Mike Sullivans in the pro baseball game? May as well have all 'Burgh coaches named Mike Sullivan.

Last edited:
The same refs that gifted us a TD when Washington was blatantly holding and they picked up the flag?

I have never seen such outrage at the lack of a holding call. Seriously. I thought that Eye-in guy was going to charge the field and demand justice!

Never mind that the blown TD call cost the Steelers 7, and the non-holding results in a TD. If called, Steelers have it 1st and goal at the 15. They get 3 at least. Minimum. Give 'em 3.

So they gained 4 after losing 7. Would the NFL world feel better if the final score was 20-10?

I have never seen such outrage at the lack of a holding call. Seriously. I thought that Eye-in guy was going to charge the field and demand justice!

Never mind that the blown TD call cost the Steelers 7, and the non-holding results in a TD. If called, Steelers have it 1st and goal at the 15. They get 3 at least. Minimum. Give 'em 3.

So they gained 4 after losing 7. Would the NFL world feel better if the final score was 20-10?
Cant speak for the league...but I would. ;0

But "how much a step?" A step towards not only making the playoffs but to "winning a playoff game?" Is the step that significant?
Larger than a baby step but smaller than the 42-inch stride Bigfoot is said to have. Somewhere between the two.

That's my guess. Coolie may provide a better more accurate answer.

YES

You can’t move forward without a motion, regardless of distance you travel.

Salute the nation

With a young QB who hasn't been in the playoffs and a lot of newer players we need to take that first step to get back into the playoffs. If we win a game great but for this one season getting there is a big step in the growth of the QB and the team goes as the QB goes. If we can get a favorable first round matchup we will see what happens. If we get there this year then next year we have to make a run in the playoffs. We might not be able to completely de-Canada the offense enough this year.

With a young QB who hasn't been in the playoffs and a lot of newer players we need to take that first step to get back into the playoffs. If we win a game great but for this one season getting there is a big step in the growth of the QB and the team goes as the QB goes. If we can get a favorable first round matchup we will see what happens. If we get there this year then next year we have to make a run in the playoffs. We might not be able to completely de-Canada the offense enough this year.
Personally---I would like a rematch with Houston to erase that embarrassment.