• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Healthcare in America was just declared a right

The WE includes the 20 somethings and octogenarians. What you are arguing is that some of the people who benefit should not pay taxes.

No what I am arguing is that you should pay your own way. Society as a whole will still get the benefit of an educated workforce if parents pay for just their own children's education.

No what I am arguing is that you should pay your own way. Society as a whole will still get the benefit of an educated workforce if parents pay for just their own children's education.

Do you think people should be able to claim children as dependents?

The problem is inflated costs of everything. I am guessing its from insurance / drug companies, but not sure. I work in a nursing home and it costs almost $300 a day just to have a room. That does not include supplies, medicine, phone, etc etc. Only thing included is TV , meals, and basic care. Just to go to the ER with insurance now a days is basically $100 co-pay right from the start. Health insurance is a joke right now. If you opt for the high deductible plans there is no way the avg person can pay that. If you can barely afford insurance how do they expect you to fork out $1500-5000 out of pocket. You are wasting money on a premium then still have to pay a ridiculous amount out of pocket. When I first started at my job about 9 yrs ago the insurance was reasonable. I had no deductible ER visits were only $50, and basically everything else was covered. Now there is no such thing as $0 deductible the lowest is $500. I have no insurance. If i did I would lose our (bonus credit $300 / month and be losing $137 / month for the plan). The family plan is absurd. I would lose the $300/month and be paying over $1200 with a $1000 deductible. Who the F can afford that. That is not counting dental / vision and what not.....The high deductible plan is a bit better and I would just lose the $300 / month w/ a $1300 deductible. Family plan is $800/ month + the $300/month I would lose w/ a $2600 deductible. Some kind of major overhaul needs done ASAP.

Less than 40 percent of high school seniors ready for entry-level college classes -
Thirty-nine percent of 12th-grade students have the mathematics skills and 38 percent the reading skills needed for entry-level college courses, according to results on the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), released today by the National Center for Education Statistics.
- from http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/get-scho...0-percent-nations-graduating-high-school-sen/

However, in a city that has one of the highest property tax rates, it's even worse -
Almost 80 percent of all New York City high school graduates who want to enroll in the City University’s community college system must first relearn basic reading, writing and math.
- from http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/08/a...-cant-read-well-enough-for-community-college/

Clearly not tax dollars well spent. I'm sure the liberal response will be that we need to spend tax dollars on free community college to teach what they didn't teach in high school.