• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Heinz Field To Remain Heinz Field

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Jordan DeFigio, @fidgenewton SteelerNation.com   Heinz Field is going to stay Heinz Field. At least, it will through the 2021-2022 season. The*Pittsburgh Steelers and The Kraft Heinz Company have agreed to a one-year extension on the rights to name their home after the beloved ketchup brand (and the only one that matters, let’s be real). […]

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

So, Bens, Tomlins, Colberts, and now the Stadiums contracts all expire after next season?

Hard to believe the stadium will be 20 years old next year. My brother in law was a regional sales rep for Heinz. I remember hoping I could get tix. Haha. He did get me championship ketchup bottles after 05 and 08.

Antwon Rose Stadium sounds good to me.

images

My wife has her terrible towel from the game against the Ravens the first year of the Stadium. We lost thanks to some ****** kicking by Kris Brown that day...

MISSED FIELD GOALS --
PIT: K.Brown 41,33,48,35.

We lost 13-10...

My wife has her terrible towel from the game against the Ravens the first year of the Stadium. We lost thanks to some ****** kicking by Kris Brown that day...

MISSED FIELD GOALS --

We lost 13-10...

So Kris Brown is responsible for the notorious field aura for lack of kicking success..

MISSED FIELD GOALS --

We lost 13-10...

How about blaming the OFF for not scoring a TD on those drives.........lol

MISSED FIELD GOALS --

We lost 13-10...

Sort of a Heinz/Terrible Towel thread... I still have my Terrible Towel I found in a back room at Kaufmanns back in the early 90s. I was in PGH for the Pirates NLCS games against Atlanta in 92 and stopped by Kaufmanns with the intent of finding a TT. I understood at the time they were the ones who marketed them back in the day but the Towels were not a thing at the time. They were in between the 70s/80s phenomenon and Myron returning them to prominence later in the 90s. One of the floor managers said he thought he had a couple left, and in total reality, that's all they had left. I picked one that was dark gold with black letters and a black towel with gold letters for a buddy of mine from the Oyster Pub in Daytona Fl.

It flew proudly through the 90s in FL and VA and eventually found itself with me at the first game at Heinz against Detroit in a pre-season game. It was awesome to be there for the first Steelers game, even though it was "just" a preseason game. It was still the first Steeler game played at Heinz. Our old pal Kordell played and I think Bettis got in a few runs. A couple weeks later came 9/11 and that put going to games and having a good time into perspective really quick.

Recap: https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=210825023

So the old towel will be going on 29 years old. Holy cow... I just checked the tag...Made in the USA...Can you believe it?

TTowel.jpg

Last edited:
My first Terrible Towel story was in '05 Monday Night in San Diego. Ben got hurt, Bettis took over late and they won on a Field Goal. There was a brawl after the game and the guy I went to the game looked down and said," isn't that one of those towels you want so bad". Yoink, lets go. Might seem ****** and bad karma, but found out Ben would be fine on the plane ride home. And it kinda ended well in motown in February.

Reactions: JMM
I picked one that was dark gold with black letters and a black towel with gold letters for a buddy of mine from the Oyster Pub in Daytona Fl.

Ahh The Oyster Pub
I drove up one weekend and watched a game with mightyguru there!

Good times

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: JMM
Ahh The Oyster Pub
I drive up one weekend and watched a game with mightyguru there!

Good times

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

No doubt I watched a few games with him as well but it was pre-Steeler Nation. There was definitely a very regular crowd in the Steelers Room.

How about blaming the OFF for not scoring a TD on those drives.........lol

To add to the story. My wife bought be a Custom Steelers jersey with my name on it and my favorite number. It was my hockey number #3. I would have preferred by HS #80, but I had 3. Brown missed 3 chip shot FGs in a 3pt loss, so who gets the ire of the fans? The kid wearing the #3 jersey...

That's why I blame Brown for my bad trip out of a home stadium....

To add to the story. My wife bought be a Custom Steelers jersey with my name on it and my favorite number. It was my hockey number #3. I would have preferred by HS #80, but I had 3. Brown missed 3 chip shot FGs in a 3pt loss, so who gets the ire of the fans? The kid wearing the #3 jersey...

That's why I blame Brown for my bad trip out of a home stadium....

That's funny. They knew you by name too to make it that much worse. Ha

Oh well, US Steel would not have been bad.