• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

$$$$$ helps. Let’s let the lawyers sweep an innocent woman’s death under the “Rugg”

This is just not true. People use masks like that in everyday work constantly. You can argue that against an aerosol, fabric masks are irrelevant or at best barely relevant, but the only real health concerns are that it can put added stress on your lungs and it can raise your body temperature a bit in hot climates. I regularly have to use much more sophisticated masks in my job, and tgey aren’t fun, but osha has decades of studies on them and you have to take training and get annually fit tested for tge reasons I mentioned…

And frankly those surgical masks are virtually worthless… the best of them stop maybe 60% of large droplet particles… I doubt they trap anything in lol
Well educate me on the more sophisticated mask.

I’m open minded

Well educate me on the more sophisticated mask.

I’m open minded
Actual respiratory protection comes from an airtight seal. And proper filtration… so basically a half face or full face respirator… tge filters rangecfrom a quarter inch to over an inch thick depending on the layers of dessicants, fibers, and catalysts you need to scrub the impurities out… at aerosol sizes, infectious disease workers aren’t using surgical masks or even p95 fiber masks, they have robust respiratory protection on… those are usually p100 or p99 masks… (100 or 99% filtration of tge desired particle size)

Actual respiratory protection comes from an airtight seal. And proper filtration… so basically a half face or full face respirator… tge filters rangecfrom a quarter inch to over an inch thick depending on the layers of dessicants, fibers, and catalysts you need to scrub the impurities out… at aerosol sizes, infectious disease workers aren’t using surgical masks or even p95 fiber masks, they have robust respiratory protection on… those are usually p100 or p99 masks… (100 or 99% filtration of tge desired particle size)
Interesting

Interesting

I have a positive pressure full face mask. It has an air pump with a screw on cartridge (interchangeable to what task you are doing). the pump brings air through the filter and then to the facemask giving it positive pressure. If the mask leaks its from inside towards outside. mine is pretty secure and works really well, I use it for painting, huge dust and pollen, occasional tear or mustard gas.................................. I have sealed cartridges military grade with 8 yr shelf life, cartridges on down to just particles / particulate to various micron size.

The whole unit cost me about $180.00 but the cartridges vary in cost pending on task designated.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
I have a positive pressure full face mask. It has an air pump with a screw on cartridge (interchangeable to what task you are doing). the pump brings air through the filter and then to the facemask giving it positive pressure. If the mask leaks its from inside towards outside. mine is pretty secure and works really well, I use it for painting, huge dust and pollen, occasional tear or mustard gas.................................. I have sealed cartridges military grade with 8 yr shelf life, cartridges on down to just particles / particulate to various micron size.

The whole unit cost me about $180.00 but the cartridges vary in cost pending on task designated.

Salute the nation
Sheeeesh! What’s that mask used for?

Sheeeesh! What’s that mask used for?

I do a ton of project shop type work, painting / grinding / welding / odor and fumes from finishing products etc.. Chemical / fine dust particle and about anything you can think of I use it when needed.

Salute the nation

I do a ton of project shop type work, painting / grinding / welding / odor and fumes from finishing products etc.. Chemical / fine dust particle and about anything you can think of I use it when needed.

Salute the nation
I see you didn’t refute Litos.

I see you didn’t refute Litos.

Litos is his own man, he can think / act / freak-out all on his own. I figure he is in his special place and was just lashing out.

I'd normally advise him to go to the light and I'd drop him a life line.

I chose differently this time because my Clairvoyant vision sees he will make it on his own, no crutch but he should know I am always ready to give him a hand up should he need.

As for his comment and your follow up I can only state

I see no evil

I hear no evil

I speak no evil

(sarcasm alert)

PS I'm a hard shell and definitely know Litos was dishing **** so it's A-ok and I need not defend.

Salute the nation

Does it match the luxury S10?
Well I dont know, I just heard some rumors. Nothing alike other rumored steelernation classic shenanigans, you hear about a guy and some sheep, another guy with a basement and slaves, etc etc. You know, boys will be boys kind of stuff

Does it match the luxury S10?

ONLY when Coolie's riding with yaz,.......................... definitly need one, gimp or not as long as you have what's equivilant to mustard gas canister in it...!!!

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC
Well I dont know, I just heard some rumors. Nothing alike other rumored steelernation classic shenanigans, you hear about a guy and some sheep, another guy with a basement and slaves, etc etc. You know, boys will be boys kind of stuff
There’s no rumors of chinese kids being used as slave labor to clean shoes for a certain poster?

I find it interesting you hear nothing from all these women groups on DUI and mistreatment of women being outspoke toward the league on Rugg's and Watson actions.