• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Here we go again. Terence Crutcher video released

I will keep saying we need to look at training and the militant attitude of LEOs.

WTF? In full view of other cops and on film some ******* cop shoots him in the back. There is a problem there. I can see where there would be a conclusion that there is a systemic problem.

A very secondary point is when a cop tells you to stop, stop. Should have been a taser. If they didn't have a taser, not sure what the play is. The guy could have been going back for a gun.

WTF? In full view of other cops and on film some ******* cop shoots him in the back. There is a problem there. I can see where there would be a conclusion that there is a systemic problem.

A very secondary point is when a cop tells you to stop, stop. Should have been a taser. If they didn't have a taser, not sure what the play is. The guy could have been going back for a gun.

The way I understand it he was tased then like 2 seconds later shot.

The way I understand it he was tased then like 2 seconds later shot.
Well, then you have to assume he's going back for a gun if he's still going back to the car after getting tased. Not sure what other options are left.

Well, then you have to assume he's going back for a gun if he's still going back to the car after getting tased. Not sure what other options are left.

Im talking like the second he got tased, somebody had trigger finger.

This is murder. You can't shoot someone in the back because of what you THINK they MIGHT do.

From what I understand, he was not complying with orders to stop. he kept heading toward his car. He then reached into his car....was tased then shot. If he had listened, this could have been avoided. I don't know how ******* hard it is for people to understand that simple point.

For the record- I don't think he deserved to be shot after being tased....

I think the 'shoot to kill' orders should be amended in cases like this to "shoot them in the dick"

You start blowing the dicks/balls off these guys the word gets out and thugs get more respectful.

When a police officer shoots someone, justified or not, it should mandate the end of his or her field duty for life. That would make sure these people only shoot when absolutely nessesary. If the shooting is deemed legit they should get a government desk job. heaven knows there are plenty of those out there these days.

When a police officer shoots someone, justified or not, it should mandate the end of his or her field duty for life. That would make sure these people only shoot when absolutely nessesary. If the shooting is deemed legit they should get a government desk job. heaven knows there are plenty of those out there these days.

Officers receive extensive training in use of force, and undergo substantial physical and psychological testing to determine their fitness to serve as a police officer. Additionally, the focus for the police over the past 10 years has been to get officers out from behind the desk and into the field, to interact with the public and try to prevent crime. Third, implementing what would be a punishment for an officer-involved shooting - and taking the officer out of the field and putting the officer on some limited desk duty is just that - makes as much sense as rewarding the officer for being involved in a shooting.

If the shooting is justified, the officer should not be punished. Your approach would mean that at some point, you will just provide enough incentive for officers just to back off of violent confrontations. Hey, that's great. Let's be sure not to use excessive force, so use no force at all and have a lot of really bad people still out there to inflict harm on peaceful neighbors.

Great. What could go wrong?

Like Steelerlyn said, the dude is a ******* idiot. But the tasing would have been enough. This one is bad.

I can get behind this policy. .

Yeah I don't see how anyone can defend this one.

Oh, don't worry - the usual Einsteins will try to claim blacks do not get murdered by cops. They will try to defend this murder. There is a Mr. Shiny Shoes in here who will claim blacks don't get wrongfully murdered by cops. He is a flat our idiot.

Officers receive extensive training in use of force, and undergo substantial physical and psychological testing to determine their fitness to serve as a police officer. Additionally, the focus for the police over the past 10 years has been to get officers out from behind the desk and into the field, to interact with the public and try to prevent crime. Third, implementing what would be a punishment for an officer-involved shooting - and taking the officer out of the field and putting the officer on some limited desk duty is just that - makes as much sense as rewarding the officer for being involved in a shooting.

If the shooting is justified, the officer should not be punished. Your approach would mean that at some point, you will just provide enough incentive for officers just to back off of violent confrontations. Hey, that's great. Let's be sure not to use excessive force, so use no force at all and have a lot of really bad people still out there to inflict harm on peaceful neighbors.

Great. What could go wrong?

Shiny Shoes blathers again.

Shiny Shoes blathers again.

Pop no one has said unjustified shootings don't happen. what we have said and you have absolutely failed to respond to is that statistically speaking these are extremely rare. Show me any statistic that would show an EPIDEMIC of unjustified shootings versus justified shootings and versus the total number of encounters with police. Show me any real statistic that show that this is systemic. You can't do it. Just because we hear about them when they do happen because the Media likes to sensationalize things and cause outrage does not actually make the problem statistically relevant. Black on black crime is far and away the problem that should be number one on everyone's mind not the tiny number of unjustified shooting.

You make Tib's and 21 and Elfie seem reasonable and they are liberals. You spew crazy and outrage with horrible videos but don't have anything with even a shred of credibility to back up your claims except irrelevant, fake or disproven videos.

Why would we take a trained officer that used justifiable force off of the streets? He's the type that we want to keep in action.

Oh, don't worry - the usual Einsteins will try to claim blacks do not get murdered by cops. They will try to defend this murder. There is a Mr. Shiny Shoes in here who will claim blacks don't get wrongfully murdered by cops. He is a flat our idiot.

Well I don't really buy into the blacks are wrongfully murdered by cops thing. I buy into the people are wrongfully murdered by cops. Not just blacks.

Why would we take a trained officer that used justifiable force off of the streets? He's the type that we want to keep in action.

Yeah, they should get a raise. And the other side of that argument is that you could have a cop who's scared to death on the night shift in Detroit blow someone away and plant a knife just so he'll get a safe desk job and make his worried wife happy.