• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Here we go again. Terence Crutcher video released

How about this: don't lead cops on a chase, park in the middle of the street, act erratic and disobey their commands and then walk back to your car and reach in the window? Don't do those things and the chances are pretty high that you are still alive.

Here's the cop who did the shooting

killings_by_police_tulsa.jpg

"She was yelling at him to stop, for probably at least 10 to 15 seconds. He gets to the window of the SUV, and has his hands in the air, looks at them ... and his left hand goes into the window," at which point one officer deployed his Taser and Shelby fired her service weapon.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/us/oklahoma-tulsa-police-shooting/

Last edited:
How about this: don't lead cops on a chase, park in the middle of the street, act erratic and disobey their commands and then walk back to your car and reach in the window? Don't do those things and the chances are pretty high that you are still alive.
racist

Uh...that would be Dudette.

I wasn't talking about the officer. I was talking about the guy who got shot. How ******* hard is it to comply with what the officer wants? Comply, then grieve it out in court. Seems like all the attention getting stories like this have a victim who failed to comply.

Oh, don't worry - the usual Einsteins will try to claim blacks do not get murdered by cops. They will try to defend this murder. There is a Mr. Shiny Shoes in here who will claim blacks don't get wrongfully murdered by cops. He is a flat our idiot.

No one has ever said that. Just stop. You can get your point across without being dishonest and over the top.

The nation does need this. If the man reached into his SUV when the policed yelled stop he's a fool, but he didn't deserve to be shot dead

Perhaps the police should have a laser targets? This way the person might see it and stop. if the police think they have to shoot they can aim for a Non lethal target.

Not a great solution but it could save a few lives in these split second type of incidents.

The nation does need this. If the man reached into his SUV when the policed yelled stop he's a fool, but he didn't deserve to be shot dead

Perhaps the police should have a laser targets? This way the person might see it and stop. if the police think they have to shoot they can aim for a Non lethal target.

Not a great solution but it could save a few lives in these split second type of incidents.
Disagree. If I'm a cop and told someone to stop and they reached into their car I would shoot them. Pretty standard, I would think. Shooting for non-lethal targets is not realistic.

Disagree. If I'm a cop and told someone to stop and they reached into their car I would shoot them. Pretty standard, I would think. Shooting for non-lethal targets is not realistic.

The guy was probably impaired. PCP was found in his car. Maybe more training would help. But in most cases, the person getting shot doesn't comply. I don't know if that is a society issue or just a lack of respect for the police in general. The numbers tell the true story there are more whites shot by cops than blacks. And I know there are a lot more white people than black. But there are a lot of more crimes committed by blacks. But we all know that wont fuel the press from over reporting the white on black shootings.

WTF? In full view of other cops and on film some ******* cop shoots him in the back. There is a problem there. I can see where there would be a conclusion that there is a systemic problem.

A very secondary point is when a cop tells you to stop, stop. Should have been a taser. If they didn't have a taser, not sure what the play is. The guy could have been going back for a gun.

Two very good points. I just don't understand it.

First off, with MOST of these cases, the person who died has NO ONE to blame except for themselves. THEY disobeyed the officer. THEY decided not to stand down. THEY decided to resist. Man, how hard is it to comply when you are in the wrong? Comply and you don't die. Comply and you don't die. Comply and you don't die.

Now, there HAS to be a better option than shooting someone like this. Bean-bag his *** until he complies. Pepper spray his *** until he complies. Sick a dog on his *** until he complies. I know the police officers are in fear that a gun may be pulled by the assailant (the assailant is already defying direct orders), but there has to be another option. Shoot him in the legs, fire a warning shot (probably would not work since they don't comply).

Again, I just don't understand it. It goes back to "Comply and you don't die."

I think the 'shoot to kill' orders should be amended in cases like this to "shoot them in the dick"

You start blowing the dicks/balls off these guys the word gets out and thugs get more respectful.

I approve of this message.

Oh, don't worry - the usual Einsteins will try to claim blacks do not get murdered by cops. They will try to defend this murder. There is a Mr. Shiny Shoes in here who will claim blacks don't get wrongfully murdered by cops. He is a flat our idiot.

Nope. This is just further evidence that you're an idiot.

People in here have claimed this is not an epidemic. People have claimed this is not systemic. People have factually shown that this "problem" is not one on scale - certainly not to the level that murder of cops by blacks, blacks by blacks, or white by blacks is. Not even close.

This was murder. As was the case in SC.

But it's still FAR more dangerous to be a cop and face an African American than the other way around.

Now, proceed with your nonsense.

AMEN. The PROBLEM is that people don't see what the criminal did wrong. They only see the end result and now the poor innocent saint is dead. His actions put himself and the police in harms way.

How about fire a damn warning shot first? Look I repect most police officers, but there is a point at which if you are too scared of what people may do you cannot perform your duties... it sucks, but they saw no weapon... reaching into a car is not an excuse for deadly force... he was not coming at them... they had not even exhauset all other measures... the officer jumped the gun on this, litterally... unless the guy said something to the effect of, im going to kill you, i have a gun in the car"...

I understand cops are wary of people, but shooting has to be the absolute last measure, not simply "well i technically can so I will...."

So you're saying you would not be more inclined to stop is you saw a red dot on your body?

I also think with better aim you'll have fewer fatalities. A win-win.

I actually had a cop draw a gun on me. I was pulled over and went to reach for the registration when the gun was pointed at my head. I heard the word FREEZE. A scary moment. The cop later explained the exact same make and model of by car was reported in a robbery 2 blocks from where I was. Was I upset at the time? Yeah, but his story was correct and I read in the police blotter than got him.

Last edited:
How about fire a damn warning shot first? Look I repect most police officers, but there is a point at which if you are too scared of what people may do you cannot perform your duties... it sucks, but they saw no weapon... reaching into a car is not an excuse for deadly force... he was not coming at them... they had not even exhauset all other measures... the officer jumped the gun on this, litterally... unless the guy said something to the effect of, im going to kill you, i have a gun in the car"...

I understand cops are wary of people, but shooting has to be the absolute last measure, not simply "well i technically can so I will...."
What if you have a gun on somebody and tell them to freeze and they reach into their jacket? Do you wait to make sure they are pulling out a weapon? I really don't know what the guidance is there for police.

What if you have a gun on somebody and tell them to freeze and they reach into their jacket? Do you wait to make sure they are pulling out a weapon? I really don't know what the guidance is there for police.

Again, until you see the gun you dont shoot... its a mandate for the military, but not for the police. its also a policy in many other countries. If someone comes onto my property and starts moving away from me and i shoot them in the back...im going to jail, whether i thought they might have a weapon or not

Again, until you see the gun you dont shoot... its a mandate for the military, but not for the police. its also a policy in many other countries. If someone comes onto my property and starts moving away from me and i shoot them in the back...im going to jail, whether i thought they might have a weapon or not
I don't think that analogy works for a law enforcement situation.

Trump Says Terence Crutcher Did Everything Right; Blames Tulsa Cop for Choking

Donald Trump said Wednesday that he was troubled by the controversial shooting of Terence Crutcher, 40, by Tulsa police officer Betty Shelby last Friday because he looked like he did "everything he was supposed to do" but was killed anyway.

"I must tell you I watched the shooting in particular in Tulsa and that man was hands up. That man went to the car, hands up, put his hands on the car, I mean to me it looked like he did everything he was supposed to do," said Trump in remarks at a town hall style event addressing African-American issues in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.

"And he looked like a really good man and maybe I'm a little clouded because I saw his family talking about him after the fact, so you get a little bit different image maybe. But to me he looked like somebody who was doing what they were asking him to do and this young officer I don't know what she was thinking. I don't know what she was thinking but I am very, very troubled by that," said Trump to applause.

Trump's comments came after he was asked by Rev. Darrell Scott, CEO of the National Diversity Coalition for Trump and pastor of the New Spirit Revival Center church in Cleveland Heights where the town hall was held, to comment on the "recent shootings of unarmed black men by the police."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/d...-did-everything-right-tulsa-cop-choke-169897/

---------------------

There ya go

I don't think that analogy works for a law enforcement situation.

the police do not get seperate rules from the population, if anything they must be held to a more stringent set of rules... i hate to agree with trump, but yes, it looks like she panicked and shot prematurely. Cot every cop shooting is a screw up, but in this case i think its likely pretty clear that it was a massive mistake on their part

i hate to agree with trump, but yes, it looks like she panicked and shot prematurely

Wait till the press gets ahold of this - he will be attacked as a woman hater! You watch!

Trump suggests Tulsa officer was 'choking' in fatal shooting

Donald Trump on Wednesday suggested that Oklahoma police officer Betty Shelby may have choked when she shot dead Terence Crutcher on the side of a highway last week in Tulsa.

He added, "Now, did she get scared? Was she choking? What happened? But maybe people like that, people that choke, people that do that, maybe they can't be doing what they're doing, okay? They can't be doing what they're doing."

On Crutcher, he said, "I watched the shooting in particular in Tulsa. And that man was hands up. That man went to the car, hands up, put his hand on the car. I mean, to me, it looked like he did everything you're supposed to do, and he looked like a really good man."

Trump called, via Twitter, for an "immediate end" to the unrest in Charlotte, North Carolina, that broke out after a police shooting of a black man on Tuesday, the latest in a string of such fatal shootings that also included last week's shooting of Crutcher.

"Hopefully the violence & unrest in Charlotte will come to an immediate end. To those injured, get well soon. We need unity & leadership," Trump tweeted on Wednesday morning, also writing, "The situations in Tulsa and Charlotte are tragic. We must come together to make America safe again."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/north-carolina-protests-trump-reaction-228458