• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hillary finds cure for insomnia

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Clinton Speech Cited as Potential Cure for Insomnia

Americans suffering from sleep disorders said they experienced feelings of relief, hope, and anticipation after watching Hillary Clinton’s address today to the American Jewish Committee’s annual forum.

“I’ve tried medications, herbal supplements, all kinds of different pills, even meditation to get to sleep,” said one participant who asked that his name be withheld, citing medical privacy. “But five minutes into Hillary’s speech and I was feeling more relaxed than I have in years. As she transitioned from talking about her support for democracy to her support for peace, I fell into a deep, restful slumber.”

“One out of three people will have insomnia at some point in their lives” observed a Democratic pollster. “Hillary is clearly approaching her potential campaign with a spirit of innovation. The upside of the insomnia strategy is that her campaign could redraw the electoral map. The downside is that tens of millions of her strongest supporters could be fast asleep on election day.”

“In 35 years of working in the community I have never witnessed a politician able to quiet the quarrelsome Jews. But today, that’s exactly what I saw. Because even Jews have to stop talking when they’re asleep,” one Jewish leader said.

As Clinton wrapped up her speech this morning—observing that diplomacy is tough but necessary work and involves long phone calls and meetings with other diplomats—a soft snoring emanated from the conference goers. Hillary supporters said they believed this was “the sound of victory.”
http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-speech-cited-as-potential-cure-for-insomnia/

You go girl, the Country needs another political sea anchor.
View attachment 91

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Americans suffering from sleep disorders said they experienced feelings of relief, hope, and anticipation after watching Hillary Clinton’s address today to the American Jewish Committee’s annual forum.
Did they have posters in the lobby of her kissing Mrs. Arafat? Just wondering.

tumblr_mhvzl6zqlU1r0bqbdo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Is she the best thing going for the liberals right now?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Is she the best thing going for the liberals right now?
She's the ONLY thing going for the Liberals right now. Unless you count Joe Biden. Of course she made sure of that. She'll win too. If Bomma can get reelected, the GOP doesn't have a chance because we're not Santa Claus.
I'm just hoping that our candidate is Rand Paul. He won't win but he's enough of a smart-*** that the campaign and debates will be fun to watch.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not even time to vote and I am seeing people ADMIT that the R's do not have a chance.

Vader

Reaction score
We've discussed this before but she is not a shoe in. Hell she couldn't even win her own party's nomination last time around. I know people make the comment that because BHO was black he got the nomination. Which is partially true. However, IF Clinton were so beloved why risk not even giving her a shot? They had no idea she would be able to run in 2016 because of her age. BHO was a 1st term Senator and could run easily in 2016 after he had more experience. But nope they ditched Clinton as fast as they could.

I really think Rand Paul has a chance. He is keying in on conservative answers and trying to expand the party. He also has a libertarian thought process that will bring in privacy voting people. I know the news media (even Fox) love Christie and Jeb (oh my god not again) Bush, but Paul should be the nominee. He's the only one who is going to change anything in D.C.

BTW a good team would be Paul- President, Rubio- VP, Trey Gowdy- Attorney General

Steelerfan

Reaction score
I think the nex president will be a woman. We had the FBP now we're going to get the FWP. If the Rs aren't smart enough to put up a woman (preferably conservative) then they deserve what they get. People will vote for Hilary just because she's a woman, just like they voted for Bammy because he's black. JMO

Vader

Reaction score
You can't play one up against the dems. You have to take a stand and explain what you are for and why you are for it. Trying to find the first woman or first anything to run against the dems plays into their hands. IMHO once people start tuning in and listening to Paul and his beliefs, he can win. He is exactly what the county needs right now. He's a fiscal conservative with a libertarian vein. The worst thing the reps. can do is get Palin or Rice to run just because they are a woman. They'd lose before they even got started. Can't make this a "my woman is better than your woman" contest. Hillary will win that hands down. It has to be a contest of ideas not gender.

suncitysteel

Soli Deo Gloria
Forefather
Reaction score
BTW a good team would be Paul- President, Rubio- VP, Trey Gowdy- Attorney General
You list Rubio as a VP on your dream ticket, but I have to ask, do you think conservatives are willing to forgive him for his support for (failed) immigration reform? That crushed his support amongst many conservatives. Rubio's recent speech in NH may have regained some conservative support, though.

How about SC Gov. Nikki Haley on the ticket? She's: 1) a woman person, and 2) still a tea-party fave.

Vader

Reaction score
You list Rubio as a VP on your dream ticket, but I have to ask, do you think conservatives are willing to forgive him for his support for (failed) immigration reform? That crushed his support amongst many conservatives. Rubio's recent speech in NH may have regained some conservative support, though.

How about SC Gov. Nikki Haley on the ticket? She's: 1) a woman person, and 2) still a tea-party fave.

I can forgive a guy for being a new Senator and trying to help the party and his leadership group. Nobody is going to agree with one person on everything. I think he learned his lesson. I don't really have a dream ticket other than Paul as the president. Mostly because the VP is only a figure head. If I could clone Gowdy I'd make him the AG and VP.

I like Haley and have no problem with her being on a ticket with Paul. I have no problem with a woman republican running for president. I just don't want the "woman" part to be the main reason. Haley is an accomplished governor so her merits speak for themselves.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
I think the nex president will be a woman. We had the FBP now we're going to get the FWP. If the Rs aren't smart enough to put up a woman (preferably conservative) then they deserve what they get. People will vote for Hilary just because she's a woman, just like they voted for Bammy because he's black. JMO

some may.... but it will not be 90+ percent of the vote with 128% voter turnout in counties that are predominantly women...

Iron95

Contributor
Reaction score
We've discussed this before but she is not a shoe in. Hell she couldn't even win her own party's nomination last time around. I know people make the comment that because BHO was black he got the nomination. Which is partially true. However, IF Clinton were so beloved why risk not even giving her a shot? They had no idea she would be able to run in 2016 because of her age. BHO was a 1st term Senator and could run easily in 2016 after he had more experience. But nope they ditched Clinton as fast as they could.

I really think Rand Paul has a chance. He is keying in on conservative answers and trying to expand the party. He also has a libertarian thought process that will bring in privacy voting people. I know the news media (even Fox) love Christie and Jeb (oh my god not again) Bush, but Paul should be the nominee. He's the only one who is going to change anything in D.C.

I hate it when I agree with Vader!

Steelerfan

Reaction score
You can't play one up against the dems. You have to take a stand and explain what you are for and why you are for it. Trying to find the first woman or first anything to run against the dems plays into their hands. IMHO once people start tuning in and listening to Paul and his beliefs, he can win. He is exactly what the county needs right now. He's a fiscal conservative with a libertarian vein. The worst thing the reps. can do is get Palin or Rice to run just because they are a woman. They'd lose before they even got started. Can't make this a "my woman is better than your woman" contest. Hillary will win that hands down. It has to be a contest of ideas not gender.

I'll have to disagree here. Woman vs. woman gets rid of the gender issue and forces people to examine two different philosophies. Assuming the Republican candidate is a man, the media will be wall to wall 24-7 with the man vs. woman issue, so much so that the contest of ideas will not get the attention it deserves. You just wait, the theme will be a mean old man beating up a woman (Hilary). How dare you attack a woman like that! Men aren't supposed to hit women (figuratively speaking here). The Republican male will have a deeper hole to climb out of than a Republican female would.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
She's the ONLY thing going for the Liberals right now. Unless you count Joe Biden. Of course she made sure of that. She'll win too. If Bomma can get reelected, the GOP doesn't have a chance because we're not Santa Claus.
I'm just hoping that our candidate is Rand Paul. He won't win but he's enough of a smart-*** that the campaign and debates will be fun to watch.

I think you are talking out of your *** here Ron. Rand Paul would actually energize the conservative base and bring in Libertarians and Independent voters in droves. If he gets the GOP nod he wins in a LANDSLIDE. But he won't get the GOP nomination because he is not in lock step with the party establishment.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I think you are talking out of your *** here Ron. Rand Paul would actually energize the conservative base and bring in Libertarians and Independent voters in droves.
Yes.

If he gets the GOP nod he wins in a LANDSLIDE.
MSM will go against him 10x as worse as Romney for that reason. But like I said, he's a smart-*** and doesn't take any crap so it would be fun to watch. Our best hope would be to reach out to blacks and tell them that the Dems are holding down the brother for Hillary this time and tell them they can write-in Bomma on the ballot. No one wins on issues anymore. You win on "Imma give you free **** that other people pay for".

[But he won't get the GOP nomination because he is not in lock step with the party establishment.
Probably not. The party establishment would rather lose with a moderate than win with a true conservative. They've proven that in the last two elections. If Paul gets the nomination they'll be jumping off buildings in D.C. Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Vader

Reaction score
I'll have to disagree here. Woman vs. woman gets rid of the gender issue and forces people to examine two different philosophies. Assuming the Republican candidate is a man, the media will be wall to wall 24-7 with the man vs. woman issue, so much so that the contest of ideas will not get the attention it deserves. You just wait, the theme will be a mean old man beating up a woman (Hilary). How dare you attack a woman like that! Men aren't supposed to hit women (figuratively speaking here). The Republican male will have a deeper hole to climb out of than a Republican female would.

Name the person. Anybody the reps put up is going to be an obvious attempt to pander. Hillary has been in the national sport light for over 25 years. Of course they'll use the "can't hit the woman" crap but you can't play gender politics with the dems. Show me one time that has worked.

Not only does it not get rid of the gender issue, it elevates it. It makes it the central part of the process. Then it becomes a women's right campaign. All the hot button issues like abortion come to the forefront.

Always put your best person up to run. IF it is a woman then fine. But when you start nominating people solely based on gender the dems win and win big.

Vader

Reaction score
BTW the dems got stung in 04 by trying to play the "Hawk" with John "Reporting for duty" Kerry. You can't out hawk a sitting Republican President.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
The ONLY other person I have heard the Libs salivating over to run is Elizabeth "I am an Indian" Warren.

Vader

Reaction score
The ONLY other person I have heard the Libs salivating over to run is Elizabeth "I am an Indian" Warren.

She has no chance in a general election. She's the woman version of Bernie Sanders.

Steelerfan

Reaction score
Name the person. Anybody the reps put up is going to be an obvious attempt to pander. Hillary has been in the national sport light for over 25 years. Of course they'll use the "can't hit the woman" crap but you can't play gender politics with the dems. Show me one time that has worked.

Not only does it not get rid of the gender issue, it elevates it. It makes it the central part of the process. Then it becomes a women's right campaign. All the hot button issues like abortion come to the forefront.

Always put your best person up to run. IF it is a woman then fine. But when you start nominating people solely based on gender the dems win and win big.

Some women governors have already been mentioned, like Nikki Haley and Jan Brewer, for instance. Either would make a great candidate and Brewer would be great for the illegal immigration issue. Rice might be ok but is socially liberal. Let hot button issues like abortion and women's rights come to the forefront. A conservative candidate should not run away from the issue. And a conservative woman won't be called the "man trying to keep a woman down by taking away her abortion rights."

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Jan Brewer? Arizona governor.

Vader

Reaction score
Some women governors have already been mentioned, like Nikki Haley and Jan Brewer, for instance. Either would make a great candidate and Brewer would be great for the illegal immigration issue. Rice might be ok but is socially liberal. Let hot button issues like abortion and women's rights come to the forefront. A conservative candidate should not run away from the issue. And a conservative woman won't be called the "man trying to keep a woman down by taking away her abortion rights."

This isn't an election for social issues. Especially ones like abortion that has 0% chance of changing regardless of who gets elected. This is an economic and individual rights election. This is the NSA, Benghazi, millions of people out of the workforce, IRS and national debt election. If Haley or Brewer can persuade people to vote for them on these issues then fine. However right now Paul is far and away the best candidate to run on that right now. He's at the head of the liberty question. He is also a real conservative and will get out the base and new libertarian minded younger people.

Bottom line is I'm just not for putting up a woman for the sake of putting up a women. It's like putting up a black person to go against another black person. They get just as bad treatment. They get called uncle tom's. It doesn't make it easier.

xjx

Reaction score
If the Republicans run Jeb bush ( who is married to a latina) with Rubio they turn this contest from man vs woman back to race. Bush/Rubio would take the Latin vote in a landslide. The blacks won't know who to vote for so they would likely be split. Female voters for color other than black would vote bush/rubio. White males would vote bush...white females would vote clinton. Bush would win by a small margin.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
If the Republicans run Jeb bush ( who is married to a latina) with Rubio they turn this contest from man vs woman back to race. Bush/Rubio would take the Latin vote in a landslide. The blacks won't know who to vote for so they would likely be split. Female voters for color other than black would vote bush/rubio. White males would vote bush...white females would vote clinton. Bush would win by a small margin.
I don't know that the country would elect another Bush. Although Jeb is arguably more Conservative than W, I think most of the party Conservatives would stay home like they did for McCain and Romney. Of course the MSM would go full-bore about not electing another Boosh while conveniently ignoring that we are going to elect another Clinton.