• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hines Ward Will Present Alan Faneca At Hall Of Fame

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Former Pittsburgh Steeler Hall of Fame guard Alan Faneca, has just announced who will be presenting him at his induction ceremony this summer. It is none other than his former teammate Hines Ward:

This seems very fitting, and we are excited for Alan and Hines. Canton is going to be filled with black and gold this summer, as there are several former Steelers that will be inducted into the hall this summer.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Hines should get in... sure there were flashier wrs... but none grittier or more complete... the guy was a pure football player in a divas position... the best blocking wr of his generation and maybe ever... he has borderline numbers but everything else should add up to an eventual berth....

Hines should get in... sure there were flashier wrs... but none grittier or more complete... the guy was a pure football player in a divas position... the best blocking wr of his generation and maybe ever... he has borderline numbers but everything else should add up to an eventual berth....
Borderline #s - the 1000 catch milestone is significant. He did have the 3rd longest consecutive game with a catch streak (it got snapped when officials overturn the call and he was pulled out of the game because of a hit to the head protocol though he looked fine - and f’n Belichick challenged the call (still say it was a catch).

He does rank high in postseason categories too. I think he gets in, but he’s got a longer wait because anti-Steelers bias already exists and 5 more Steelers are inducted officially this year to make inductees who’s primary team was Steelers up to 25.

If you’ve never been to the Hall of Fame, the Steelers have a whole island in the center of the room (among a few other teams) while lesser represented teams like the Bengals or Bucs have a little section along the wall. Many voters (Cleveland Tony Grossi & Dallas Rich Goesslin) are not going to vote on Steelers players - bias against rivals.

I actually corresponded with them both to make arguments about Troy & Hines around 2008-2009, and both said they weren’t worthy despite shredding their “logic”.

If Eddleman gets in before Hines, the EARTH will stop rotateing.

Salute the nation

This is great and it will put Hines front and center in Canton so they have to notice him as well. He deserves to get in. He has the numbers. He has a SB MVP and 2 rings. And, he changed the way the position is played with him being the best and most ferocious blocking WR in the game. He should be in the HOF.

The bullshit thing about it is every olineman gets in solely because of their blocking .... qbs can get in based on their passing plus their rushing abilities.... rbs get in because their rushing plus their pass catching abilities...

why shouldn’t they consider Hines based on his pass catching pkus his blocking

Hines is a badass and should already be in. Hell I loved him just as much for his crushing blocks as his fearless catches over the middle when wideouts still got crushed.

Glad Big Red has Hines doing his presentation!

Just show a highlight reel of his blocks on linebackers and dlinemen... not even dbs... lol start with his orpheus roye block...

Hines is one of the poster children of what a Pittsburgh Steeler should look like. He's also one of the 2 jerseys I've ever purchased in my life. The other was Greg Lloyd. Not that having a slew of them hanging in my closet wouldn't be cool, I just don't wear jerseys. I don't care about autographs. A handshake would do me just fine.

Hines Ward Mr.Superbowl XL MVP helped end that quest for one for the thumb. Alan Faneca was part of that and a big reason why Willie Parker could break those big runs.

Man do I miss a great running game.