• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hypothetically Only One Can Get into the Hall of Fame: Antonio Brown or Hines Ward?

But this is a HOF discussion, not only one can go in as a steelers player
Clarifying again……
I just meant I personally don’t care about Brown’s exploits outside of Pittsburgh.
But it is in fact a HOF discussion so there is merit to his his ring obviously.

Did Hines have a HOF qaurterback throwing to him his entire career here ?

Maybe the QUESTION comes down to who you would want on your team?

I'd take Hines Ward because not only could you count on him on the field of play but also in the locker room as well. We talk about "character" players and Hines most certainly would be in that catagory. Hines pulled teams together rather than apart.

Did he attack BEN on his toughness..... YES but he also lived his toughness b y backing it up.

Did he have Contract dispute,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YES but he also didn't exort money from the team

Did he ever abandon the team / game................... NO, he played / attended all games & practices hard, I remember once in training camp a DB complained and Cowher said this is football.

Back to the "character" players,........... this current team could use more of them.!

Salute the nation
BOOM!
Well said, sir.

I didn’t know Chad Brown played WR? It’s the only Brown I know that played for the Steelers.

• Haha
Reactions: MTC
Hines was a complete player. Excellent receiver and devastating blocker and always a positive influence. So you know my choice.
AB although electric receiver became a major distraction and that’s never good for a football team.

The Pittsburgh Steelers franchise have 29 individuals enshrined in Canton as members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The storied organization has been the home to many great players, coaches and scouts for years. While we know Maurkice Pouncey and recently retired, Ben Roethlisberger are on their way to being inducted, a couple other names, wide receivers in particular, are going to have their chance, but may not get in.
We don't know that Maurkice Pouncey is on his way to the Hall of Fame. In no way is that close to guaranteed.
Ward is the all-time leader in receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns in Steeler history. His 10,000 receptions are good for 14th in NFL history.
Ten thousand receptions would be good for first in NFL history. But even a tenth of that should be good enough to get Ward in ahead of Brown.

Here are the sad facts....

Hines Ward has been only a semi-finalist for 6 straight years, never once making it as a finalist...He has waited & will wait longer still to get in the HOF

AB should have been a First Ballot Shoo-in for the HOF

Hines Ward has been only a semi-finalist for 6 straight years, never once making it as a finalist...He has waited & will wait longer still to get in the HOF

AB, ONLY if he could have continued to play at a high level. He obviously hasn't.

Salute the nation

AB may have been headed that way

but he is not any longer

So one guy caught 10,000 passes, was tough as nails, was on 2 championship teams, won a Super Bowl MVP, caught almost 1200 yards and 10 TD's in the postseason, was so tough they had to chance the rules to protect linebackers, is still talked about by Rodney Harrison as the toughest guy he ever played against.

And the other missed dozens of games for being an idiot and has a video of him throwing furniture off a balcony.

Did I miss anything?

So one guy caught 10,000 passes, was tough as nails, was on 2 championship teams, won a Super Bowl MVP, caught almost 1200 yards and 10 TD's in the postseason, was so tough they had to chance the rules to protect linebackers, is still talked about by Rodney Harrison as the toughest guy he ever played against.

And the other missed dozens of games for being an idiot and has a video of him throwing furniture off a balcony.

Did I miss anything?

I might question the 10,000 passes thingy but the rest is pretty spot on.

Salute the nation

Keyword there. It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Fan-*******-tastic for a few seasons. He completely went off the deep end years ago now. He's never going to be remotely close to making it, let alone even playing in the league again. I can't comprehend how people can mention this turd and the HoF at this point.

Keyword there. It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Fan-*******-tastic for a few seasons. He completely went off the deep end years ago now. He's never going to be remotely close to making it, let alone even playing in the league again. I can't comprehend how people can mention this turd and the HoF at this point.

I'm in this boat as well but when it comes to integrity and the HOF, that went out the window long ago when the double murderer entered.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
If the HOF had any balls, behavior should factor into things.

It is the HOF, not the HOI, right? (Hall of Infamy).

If the league/Hall/etc. had any worthy standards it would certainly consider each candidate in his entirety - as a player and as a person. After all, if the pinnacle of your sport's individual achievements are to be enshrined for all eternity, you'd want only the best, and that includes a player's statistics, personal awards/records, accomplishments by overcoming obstacles, service to community, etc. If you were a pee wee football coach and took your role seriously as a mentor, too, would you use Hines or AB as your role model?

But I digress. Today's NFL is really nothing to admire.

AB was on his way to first ballot HOF, but he ****** that up, plain and simple.

Ward didn't even play with Ben until he was 28, Ward didn't play in the passing era like AB did. What would Ward's numbers look like if he was drafted in 2010 and played with Ben? Ward actually played 100% no matter if it was a pass play or a run play, unlike AB, Ward was actually happy when his teammates scored unlike AB. Ward was a big game WR also, he put up those post season numbers with 4 of those games having Kordell or Maddox as the QB.

Ward should be in the HOF, he has the numbers eventhough he didn't play with a HOF QB until he was 28, has the post season numbers, has the rings, has a Super Bowl MVP, had the rules changed for him, and didn't play in the passing era.

Very interesting debate. Truly...

I love Hines and what he brought to this team in an error when the Steelers didn't really throw the ball.

AB, pound for pound, was the best WR in the game for 5 consecutive seasons.

I'd hate to have to make a choice because they both have earned the opportunity on entry but if only one could be chosen...

Hmmm

Ward it is.