• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Holcomb contract

Healthy Holcomb is #2
This, I think Holcomb may be 1/2 with Queen. Supposedly he’s healing better and healthier than they realize. I would be good with this as long as he isn’t hampered by it. He was really tuned into the defense and really stepping prior to the knees injury. I like the core group of Roberts/Queen/Holcomb. With Peyton Wilson possibly emerging this rookie season Robinson may be the odd man out. Hopefully they can maneuver Holcomb’s contract to make this the strongest group of ILB in a while.

i am 100 % of the opinion that Wilson will win the starting job in camp and never look back. Everyone else can fight it out for back ups.
I can see him as a starter-maybe not week 1, but let’s say by week 5-6 maybe where you just can’t take him off the field.

i am 100 % of the opinion that Wilson will win the starting job in camp and never look back. Everyone else can fight it out for back ups.
Its really really hard for first year Ilbs in our system... we ask a ton... I dont think he is a first year starter .. or at least not until tge end of the season at best, barring injury problems, of course

I think hes the most talented LB we have had In a long long time. Instincts and speed. He will only get better with NFL level experience. Kendrell Bell abused people as a rookie especially by his toughness. 16 ga,es/ He was rookie of the year.
Wilson is 2" taller,, same weight,, but faster... And i presume jsut as good with football IQ and instincts.

I think hes the most talented LB we have had In a long long time. Instincts and speed. He will only get better with NFL level experience. Kendrell Bell abused people as a rookie especially by his toughness. 16 ga,es/ He was rookie of the year.
Wilson is 2" taller,, same weight,, but faster... And i presume jsut as good with football IQ and instincts.
Devin Boooossh looked good in first few games; let's get him into some real playing time before we annoint him.

He has that kind of talent so definitely not ruling it out as a possibility. But I think he would have to clearly beat out Roberts to make it happen if it is close he would be perhaps sprinkled into coverage..

Devin Boooossh looked good in first few games; let's get him into some real playing time before we annoint him.

While i agree from where you are coming from ,, This is my Coolie moment betting on Ed Oliver... or my Coach moment betting on Chase Claypoole.

Its really really hard for first year Ilbs in our system... we ask a ton... I dont think he is a first year starter .. or at least not until tge end of the season at best, barring injury problems, of course
Roberts will start the season. Wilson will play situations. Holcomb will either be cap casualty or Starting Left Out.

I don't see a lot of value in cutting Holcomb right now (we have money to spend if we really want to spend it). And we can cut him if an additional money need pops up. I'd prefer to hold him into camp/preseason to see if he can come back. If he can, and he manages to be healthier than expected, then you have options. Keep him and play him. Trade him and get a little something back. Or, if he isn't ready to come back and/or no one wants him, you can always still cut him.

Statistically, Holcomb was better than Roberts so if you’re talking about cutting him your assuming he won’t be the same player.

Wilson ran the same 4.43 that Bush ran at the combine. Except Wilson's 5 inches taller, and actually loves to play football. Bush is a check-casher.

While i agree from where you are coming from ,, This is my Coolie moment betting on Ed Oliver... or my Coach moment betting on Chase Claypoole.

Whats’ your stance on betting on the LS10 or the BT50—————-?

Salute the nation