• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hollywood sucks ***

We're watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix right now. It's pretty good. Bonus: There's a hot lesbo in it.

I do not have a smart TV (except in the basement where my son and his friends hang out playing video games) so do not watch Netflix at all. I understand there's some kind of gizmo I can get so I can stream to my TV? What is it called? I'm about ready to ditch Directv.

I do not have a smart TV (except in the basement where my son and his friends hang out playing video games) so do not watch Netflix at all. I understand there's some kind of gizmo I can get so I can stream to my TV? What is it called? I'm about ready to ditch Directv.

There are a number of things you can use -- roku, firestick/cube, sling, chromecast, appletv, etc. The problem is deciding which offers the right combination of features you want. Some have package deals for live streaming tv, others you pick piecemeal and pay for individual subscriptions. For local broadcast tv, depending on your location, you can get an HD antenna that allows you to pick up local HD broadcast channels.

Right now, I had bought a firestick, and found that convenient enough that I got a couple of firecubes to go with it. Problem -- more and more apps require separate payments or a link to an active cable/satellite/fios account to access the live content.

I'd like to cut the cord at my apartment -- but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I only watch about 5 channels but I watch a lot of college football. I have Directv but hate paying so much for so few channels that I need. Does the equipment from Roku, firestick, sling,etc.. have college football?

I only watch about 5 channels but I watch a lot of college football. I have Directv but hate paying so much for so few channels that I need. Does the equipment from Roku, firestick, sling,etc.. have college football?

The only reason I kept DirecTV for the last few years was because I needed Sunday Ticket to watch the Steelers. Or so I thought. After the anthem bs I cancelled it. I bought a jailbroken Amazon Fire that has Kodi and bunch of other apps installed on it. Yesterday I watched the game via the Firefox app and streaming through reddit. You can watch pretty much anything in the world, for free, with that thing. I love it.

If you want a funny series to watch, check out The Ranch. Has Sam Elliott and Ashton Kutcher. Elisha Cuthbert is in it as well.

Love "The Ranch". Sam Elliott alone is worth watching it IMO. He probably said to the producers/directors "Look, you let me say what the **** I wanna say and I'll do this ******' show".

At least I hope it went something like that. Ozark, Stranger Things, Longmire and a lot of the documentaries are pretty good too. Making a Murderer, while old, is one of the most eye-opening, incredibly ******-up documentaries I've ever seen. Just unbelievable, wicked, sinister. I have no other way to describe it.

Netflix has some good shows but you have to look for them.

The Good Cop - it's by the people who made the show Monk. Tony Danza is an ex-cop who went to jail for corruption. As part of parole he has to live with his son who is a straight arrow cop. It's a comedy. Similar vibe to Monk. Has some good characters, like the old cop who wonders things like "why would the Flintstones celebrate Christmas?"

The Punisher - based on a comic book. He has no super powers or superhero suit. Just an ex-marine who is getting revenge on the bad guys who killed his family. You can watch the series as a stand alone. If you want more, you can watch the series Daredevil where the punisher was introduced. Daredevil was also very good.

Netflix has some good shows but you have to look for them.

The Good Cop - it's by the people who made the show Monk. Tony Danza is an ex-cop who went to jail for corruption. As part of parole he has to live with his son who is a straight arrow cop. It's a comedy. Similar vibe to Monk. Has some good characters, like the old cop who wonders things like "why would the Flintstones celebrate Christmas?"

The Punisher - based on a comic book. He has no super powers or superhero suit. Just an ex-marine who is getting revenge on the bad guys who killed his family. You can watch the series as a stand alone. If you want more, you can watch the series Daredevil where the punisher was introduced. Daredevil was also very good.

My kid says watch the first two seasons of Daredevil then watch The Punisher. I am trying to get through season one of Daredevil. I hear it gets very good. Also, the movie, The Punisher, even though it is not highly rated.

Love "The Ranch". Sam Elliott alone is worth watching it IMO. He probably said to the producers/directors "Look, you let me say what the **** I wanna say and I'll do this ******' show".

At least I hope it went something like that. Ozark, Stranger Things, Longmire and a lot of the documentaries are pretty good too. Making a Murderer, while old, is one of the most eye-opening, incredibly ******-up documentaries I've ever seen. Just unbelievable, wicked, sinister. I have no other way to describe it.

I am on season 2 of Making a Murderer. The original was so eye opening that I stayed pissed for days. Ozark and Stranger Things are great as well, but everyone talks about them. My concern with The Ranch this season is how they are gonna incorporate Rooster's leaving. (Masterson was told to leave the show because of sex allegations. Thank you, #metoo).

if you haven't seen Schitt's Creek on Netflix, you should.

c9-0111-tv-2-jpg.jpg

and Annie Murphy is a babe. Small ****, but a babe.

Now that I'm employed again I will probably go back to Netflix streaming so I can watch it again.

I am on season 2 of Making a Murderer. The original was so eye opening that I stayed pissed for days.

Keep watching Lyn, it won't be much longer (only the 2). It'll make your blood boil but seeing what corrupt leaders of our country can actually do (in pretty much plain sight) is just downright ******' despicable.

Oh and re: The Ranch, that sucks about Danny Masterson having to leave. Check it out though Ron, it's worth it for Sam Elliott alone IMO.

I recommend the movie Chappaquidick (sp?) which is streaming on netflix now. It’s about Teddy Kennedy leaving that girl to drown and the cover up.

Homecoming on Prime. Not a julia Roberts fan, but i liked this. 30 m8n episodes were the perfect way to tell that story.