• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Honestly, what's wrong with Muslims?

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
P

POP

OK, I am going to admit this isn't a politically correct subject, but I don't care.

This is a serious question.

And, yes, I know that Israel has an active, ongoing, never-ending propaganda and smear campaign on Muslims, and that they virtually control all media, so the smear campaign will be slammed in our faced 24/7.

I do realize this.

But, that being said, MANY Muslims are jacked. Let's examine their beliefs and practices.

To start, women are considered nearly sub-human. Didn't Saudi Arabia _JUST_ rule that women should be considered human beings? Something like that.

And incase you don't believe Muslims treat women like they are not equal to men, you haven't been around very many of them. We worked a trade show, in Tampa, a few years ago. A lot of people happened to be from the middle east.

During negotiating on price, I would ask my wife's opinion on the proposed deal, and an entire family of four started laughing at us (including the wife and two kids), because I was even considering the wife's opinion.

Any how, and what is with their fear of women exposing any skin? That is lunacy. Do the men lack THAT much self control, that is they see a patch of woman's skin that they can't control themselves? What is wrong with them? Seriously.

Why are they so lacking of self control? Why do they feel the need to put their women in bee keeper outfits?

And Saudi Arabia are our close allies, right? And the US is so high and mighty into women being equal to men, in every way, yet we are best buddies with a country who stones women to death if they cheat on their husband?

And this is a country that beheads more citizens that ISIS ever will. But we are best friends?????

And, Muslims think it is OK to beat up a woman (or even rape her) if she is found in public without a male bodyguard.

How is that OK again?

I just don't understand, in this day and age, that so many Muslims are so ******* ignorant. The only way one can be so barbaric is to be ignorant. Any religion/society that thinks it is OK to rape women, under ANY conditions, is an ignorant animal.

Propaganda and smear vilification understood, but there is still something very wrong with so many Muslims. I don't know how anyone can deny it.

That scourge belongs to stay in their own countries and stop invading the western world. Eventually, the western people are going to rise up, regardless of the stance of their government. They will take matters into their own hands; it's already happening and it's the largest cause for the Brexit thing. Being in the EU means you are forced to take in these Muslims. The people of the UK had enough of this bull ****. Obama should be put on trial for forcing Muslims to come onto our soil.

It's all in their holy book.

But in this day of mass info. accessible, how do they not see past their "holy book?" How can they remain so ignorant?

Because about all they read is their holy book, along with the owner's manuals for guns and bombs, so they can kill who their holy book tells them to kill. Which is basically everyone, even each other.

It's all in their holy book.

My holy books:

9780762438396_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg

819820.jpg

And POP starts off by blaming the Jooooos!

They are a few centuries behind the rest of us in their education and cultural development.

You obviously didn't grasp the post in totality. Are you unaware that Israel constantly tries to vilify Muslims? Did that go over your head?

As the rest of your post points out, vilifying Muslims is not all that difficult.

I don't understand that either; at one point they were the pinnacle of advanced culture.

Authoritarian systems where power and wealth is concentrated among a few tend to have that effect.

And POP starts off by blaming the Jooooos!

1000 years of Ottoman battles should have taught them something

See:

Byzantine–Ottoman Wars

The Byzantine–Ottoman Wars were a series of decisive conflicts between the Ottoman Turks and Byzantines that led to the final destruction of the Byzantine Empire and the rise of the Ottoman Empire.

In 1204 the Byzantine capital of Constantinople was sacked and occupied by the Fourth Crusaders, an important moment of the Christian East–West Schism.

Fall of Constantinople

The capture of Constantinople (and two other Byzantine splinter territories soon thereafter) marked the end of the Roman Empire, an imperial state that had lasted for nearly 1,500 years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Constantinople

As the rest of your post points out, vilifying Muslims is not all that difficult.

Which I thought it was fair to note that Israel controls the media and actively vilifies Muslims AND that Muslims do an awful lot on their own to deserve scorn.

I think it was "fair and balanced" to make mention of both.

I understand Islam as the antithesis of Judeo/Christian culture in basically the "Fertile Crescent" region of civilization. That goes back to the schism developed between Abraham and his handmaiden (Hagar) having Ishmael (leading to the tribes of Arabs) and then being granted by "God" a son with his original wife Sarah who was Isaac. Isaac (through Jacob, renamed Israel) would end up being the progeny of all the tribes of Israelites, stated by God to be the "chosen people".

This schism of Israelites (Jews) vs. Ishmaelites (Arabs) is as ingrained in the culture of the Middle East as time itself.

It didn't help that a Jewish prophet (Jesus) further exaggerated the rise in power of Abraham's lineage through Isaac (remember Jesus is of the line of Isaac/Israel through Leah). This continued separation and caste system throughout the Middle East between Jew/Christians and Arabs led to the rise of Muhammad the prophet. He unified a people through divine right and violence and rebellion with great success. From his life in 650 AD until the crusades the spread of Islam and Arabs conquered most of Fertile Crescent. From Spain through North Africa to India, Arabs ruled for 500 years unabated while Christian Europe was in their "Dark Ages" and recovering from the collapse of the Roman Empire.

The "modern history" of Islam is much the same as today. From 1000 AD to 2000 AD it's been wars, wars and more wars. And the battle between the "West" and Judeo/Christian European culture vs. the "Arab" and Islamic teachings of Muhammad.

The only thing I really don't understand much about is the rise of Islam OUTSIDE the Middle East. I don't really see the draw or attraction of the religion for those not of a descendant of Ishmael. Or those cultures/races that were cast out as inferior in the Old Testament. The rise of Islam in Southeast Asia doesn't really make a lot of sense to me (maybe someone can explain that to me). Maybe I have to research that a bit more.

The only thing I really don't understand much about is the rise of Islam OUTSIDE the Middle East. I don't really see the draw or attraction of the religion for those not of a descendant of Ishmael. Or those cultures/races that were cast out as inferior in the Old Testament. The rise of Islam in Southeast Asia doesn't really make a lot of sense to me (maybe someone can explain that to me). Maybe I have to research that a bit more.

There is a huge billboard along the Parkway East heading outbound toward the Squirrel Hill tunnels that is advertising information about Muslims and Islam.

I don't understand that either; at one point they were the pinnacle of advanced culture.

That was before Mohammed came along.

It's a way to get women for guys who have no game.

Which I thought it was fair to note that Israel controls the media and actively vilifies Muslims AND that Muslims do an awful lot on their own to deserve scorn.

I think it was "fair and balanced" to make mention of both.

I'm not going to get into a lengthy discussion of the Arab Israeli conflict but suffice it to say that Israelis have plenty of good reason to dislike Islamists, and your assertion that "Israel controls the media" smacks of neo-Nazi anti-Semitism.

You obviously didn't grasp the post in totality. Are you unaware that Israel constantly tries to vilify Muslims? Did that go over your head?

No Isreal doesn't vilify Muslims. They do however report the truth to counter Palestinian propaganda.

In all honesty, there are parts of sub-Sahara Africa and southeast Asia that are just as violent in their histories as the Middle East. Tribal conflicts and ethnic cleansing seem as common as climate change in some parts of the world.

As a western culture we've sat idly on the wayside of these conflicts because they don't impact us and economically they don't mean much.

The conflict with Islam is very real however because it's now the front line of civilization vs. barbarity. Globalization and economic importance and proximity have made what used to be worthless stretches of North Africa to India much more relevant to today's world. Mass population growth, the receding colonization of the 19th century and growing "new" governments in these swaths of the world have caused death, destruction, corruption, violence and human rights violations. While democracy and western philosophy expanded to new heights in the western world after WWII, the mass exodus of western control and supervision created barbaric states all over again except now with 20th century wealth and technology.

100 years ago, these political and barbaric upheavals didn't matter to us. Civil wars didn't matter. People couldn't move around like they can today. Goods/weapons/support couldn't more around.

It's a new time with new challenges. It's not 1850. It's not 1950. It's 2016.

I don't really have answers but the answers are NOT the same as what we did in the 1950. They have to be new answers to these new problems. And I'm not sure we can "wait" while huge populations politically and ethically evolve to our (and the correct) standards of moral behavior.

If we do decide to "wait" than we have to accept a certain amount of violence along the way as acceptable.

The fundamental problem in the culture is its male dominance over woman and they seem to most
hate about Western culture our equality between sexes because it is the feared biggest threat to
their male domination.

Instead of criticizing their religion we should be speaking out for woman's rights. Progress in that area will change
them the quickest.

The fundamental problem in the culture is its male dominance over woman and they seem to most
hate about Western culture our equality between sexes because it is the feared biggest threat to
their male domination.

Instead of criticizing their religion we should be speaking out for woman's rights. Progress in that area will change
them the quickest.

Read what the Quran says about that subject and get back to me. The religion is the reason they suppress women.