• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How about a little music, clips, rants, etc. to go with the Times

Happy Pride Month!

This doesn’t have anything to do with current events but I like it. Keep in mind though that Dave is almost 70 and I’m a Van Halen super freak.

Reactions: JMM
Just something that got me amped. Damn good coach.

Awesome song. Every good rock song has great lyrics. Sounds of Silence, for example:

And in the naked light I saw,
10,00 people maybe more,
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share,
No one dares,
Disturb the sounds of silence.

"Fools", said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you."
But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence.

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made

Bowed and prayed to the neon god they made. Also, great counterbalance using silence interchangeably with a noisy environment - sounds of silence and echoed in the well of silence, for example. Thoughtful, interesting, worth learning. Compare that to the garbage pawned off as a "hit" today. Nobel candidate Miley Cyrus and Flowers (song I cannot say I have actually heard but looked up the #1 hit from 2023 and it was this epic ballad):

I can buy myself flowers
Write my name in the sand
Talk to myself for hours
Say things you don't understand

Biden? Is that you?

I can take myself dancing
And I can hold my own hand
Yeah, I can love me better than you can
Can love me better, I can love me better, baby
Can love me better, I can love me better, baby

Uhh, sure. Self-love. How noble.

Paint my nails cherry red
Match the roses that you left
No remorse, no regret
I forgive every word you said

So every word, literally every word out of the guy's mouth, needs forgiving? Moronic idiocy passed off as emotional introspection. Utter garbage.

Awesome song. Every good rock song has great lyrics. Sounds of Silence, for example:

Bowed and prayed to the neon god they made. Also, great counterbalance using silence interchangeably with a noisy environment - sounds of silence and echoed in the well of silence, for example. Thoughtful, interesting, worth learning. Compare that to the garbage pawned off as a "hit" today. Nobel candidate Miley Cyrus and Flowers (song I cannot say I have actually heard but looked up the #1 hit from 2023 and it was this epic ballad):

Biden? Is that you?

Uhh, sure. Self-love. How noble.

So every word, literally every word out of the guy's mouth, needs forgiving? Moronic idiocy passed off as emotional introspection. Utter garbage.
We could have a whole thread on stupid lyrics. One that always got me was The Cars: "Let them brush your rock and roll hair." wtf

We could have a whole thread on stupid lyrics. One that always got me was The Cars: "Let them brush your rock and roll hair." wtf

Speaking of vastly overrated group ... Cars.

And nonsensical lyrics? Stairway to Heaven much?

Speaking of vastly overrated group ... Cars.

And nonsensical lyrics? Stairway to Heaven much?
If there’s a bustle in your hedgerow…

IMG_0298.gif

I don’t even know where to start with the f’ing Beatles. Taxman? Yellow Submarine? She Loves You?