• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How about a little music, clips, rants, etc. to go with the Times

Tom Petty lyrics are Shakespeare compared to 99% of "hits" over the past 15 years.

She's a good girl, loves her mama
Loves Jesus and America too
She's a good girl, is crazy 'bout Elvis
Loves horses and her boyfriend too

And it's a long day livin' in Reseda
There's a freeway runnin' through the yard
And I'm a bad boy, 'cause I don't even miss her
I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart

Yes, weak rhymes - "too" and "too"? "Yard" and "heart"? - but the lyrics tell a story and make sense. Also, I lived in the San Fernando Valley near Reseda for about 30 years so the local flavor strikes a chord.

Reactions: JMM
One of my favorites is Hotel California by The Eagles.

There have been many interpretations to the meaning of the lyrics. Most having to with over-indulgence or drug addiction, or even devil worship.

So I called up the Captain please bring me my wine my wine" he said we haven't had that spirit here since 1969

I read that they were referring to a Catholic Church that indeed closed its doors in 1969, hence no more serving of Holy Communion.
That church apparently being converted to a hotel.

Earlier in the song it does mention the mission bell.

There she stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
This could be heaven or this could be hell.

Then this:
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

The song "Hotel California" by the Eagles has been interpreted in different ways, including as a metaphor for drug addiction123. Some fans believe it represents a place of addiction where people check in but can never leave2. The lyrics mention "warm smell of colitas," which some associate with burning marijuana, and "pink champagne on ice," which may represent cocaine2.

Best rock lyric rhyme - The Clash, "Rudie Can't Fail," 1979:

How d'you get so rude and a reckless?
Don't you be so crude and a feckless

Feckless (adj.): lacking initiative or strength of character; irresponsible