• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How did your income tax filing go?

Not being a jackass but to be honest...you're paying $7500 in Social Security and your company is paying the other half like everyone else who works for a business. It's just that you are being paid by your own company. The personal cap this year is around $7,500.00 I believe.

Apparently, you think it's not a big deal since "my company" pays half of the $15,000 but you are wrong. I am paying the money. I am the company, every goddam dime comes from my work, and every nickel is out of my company's pocket, i.e., my pocket.

So yes, I am paying $15,000 per year in social security tax, and have done so for the past 10 years.

$150,000 in social security taxes - not income tax, mind you, just social freaking security taxes - in 10 years.

Apparently, you think it's not a big deal since "my company" pays half of the $15,000 but you are wrong. I am paying the money. I am the company, every goddam dime comes from my work, and every nickel is out of my company's pocket, i.e., my pocket.

So yes, I am paying $15,000 per year in social security tax, and have done so for the past 10 years.

$150,000 in social security taxes - not income tax, mind you, just social freaking security taxes - in 10 years.

Not to mention that "the company pays half" is a shell game to convince employees that losing 12.4% of their income isn't a big deal. I'd rather my company pay zero, I pay 6.2%, cut my benefits in half and let my company pay me 6.2% more in salary. But I am a racist *******.

Not to mention that "the company pays half" is a shell game to convince employees that losing 12.4% of their income isn't a big deal. I'd rather my company pay zero, I pay 6.2%, cut my benefits in half and let my company pay me 6.2% more in salary. But I am a racist *******.

How long have you hated retired people, particularly minority retirees?

ark is so full of hate that he bites himself and spits on his mirror.

The thing that makes me the most angry about paying in to SSI is knowing that its already bankrupt and the money we are paying is going down a hole and most likely I will never see a dime of it in the future. Its supporting my parents though.

Turbo tax told me "No"

I pissed around and didn't prepare, so had to take the quick route. I figured I could research a couple of issues and amend if I need to do so.

Keep in mind, I'm not talking about claiming as a dependent as I can still do that. It is the Child Tax Credit ($1,000?) that goes away.

Yeah I know. At first I had those confused as well. But it is the credit that we don't get since kiddo is 18 now. BOHICA.

well I live in glorious Maryland so I get to pay 43% of every months bonus. then I file quarterly tax with both fed and state. so you would figure I get back or break even right?

I owed the fed $7234 and the state $2145.

I write off everything I can possibly write off. I can t complain to much I make good money, but seriously over 81k given to the fed through out the year... and then to turn around and write another check for $7234. Ouch.

I'm with you. I felt fortunate. I too live in MD. I paid around $7,500 for both Federal and State. I felt blessed this year. In years past, I owed $24K in taxes...after what they'd already siphoned off of me. It's painful. Very, very painful.

And people wonder why I have a problem with illegal aliens. *Sigh*. Just be legal and pay your fair share too. Thanks.

Carry on.