• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How is Pgh picked to be last in North a "mystery?"

Since the Steelers play down to their worse opponents, I'd rather have a tough schedule.
You mean they didn't curb stomp those 2-10 teams in back to back weeks at home?

I think I hate that stuff most of all. It's been going on for many years as well.

It's like the higher the probability of a loss the shittier the team they play.

just about everything in this post is inaccurate

damn coach jr you love to toot your own horn
I notice you just make general lame accusations without pointing to specifics. How is "about everything" inaccurate" in my post? It must be so easy to prove since "about everything" is wrong. No, but you never point to specific assertions and how they are specifically wrong, just make general claims and leave it at that. How impressive.

What are all the specifics that "are wrong?" I mean, you're so super smart and all (according to yourself), it must be so easy to offer the specific errors that you're referring to. Have at it, "Super Smart Guy."

I think I hate that stuff most of all. It's been going on for many years as well.

And although this will cause some posters to fall into a coronary event, what does the team's lack of focus vs. crappy teams come down to? Head coach, period. The man is a picture of lack of discipline. Who here remembers how JoePA at PSU used to fret when playing weak teams, going on and on about some minor bright spot on the opponent, and drilling on that highmark: "Oh geez, those Temple Owls have magnificent playmakers on that team, we are really going to have to focus in order to minimize their attack." And then PSU would blow them out by 50. That's what real head coaching does.

Tomlin must cut jokes all week and referee ping pong games leading up to weak opponents. Because his team sure don't look focused or prepared those games. And to have TWO in a row where they under-performed facing the worst teams in the NFL? Zero defense for such sloppy coaching. The lack of discipline from the head coach is historically poor.

If I had to pick and put my house on being right. I'd pick third. They will either out right beat Cleveland cause they are better or soneone will have a catastrophic injury. Same 9 to 10 wins.

If I had to pick and put my house on being right. I'd pick third. They will either out right beat Cleveland cause they are better or soneone will have a catastrophic injury. Same 9 to 10 wins.
And the big question everyone is asking: Do they finally win a playoff game after 7 years of not? That seems to be what has spurned all the change, after all.

I notice you just make general lame accusations without pointing to specifics. How is "about everything" inaccurate" in my post? It must be so easy to prove since "about everything" is wrong. No, but you never point to specific assertions and how they are specifically wrong, just make general claims and leave it at that. How impressive.

What are all the specifics that "are wrong?" I mean, you're so super smart and all (according to yourself), it must be so easy to offer the specific errors that you're referring to. Have at it, "Super Smart Guy."
well for one Burrow has never been All Pro, while his talent may be on that level, he has not been named All Pro in any season and the Steelers are 2-3 against Burrow so losing both games last year if he had played is not a certainty

And although this will cause some posters to fall into a coronary event, what does the team's lack of focus vs. crappy teams come down to? Head coach, period……..
Give it a rest . Go take a walk. Over and over and over. Mann oh Mann.
I bet you’re just the life of the party.

I had bacon and eggs for breakfast. And I found bread that is 1 carb. Had a piece of that with an avocado spread I have been making.
Fat and happy here.

Give it a rest . Go take a walk. Over and over and over. Mann oh Mann.
I bet you’re just the life of the party.
And the saddest part of it all is you don't even realize I am right. So sad.

And the big question everyone is asking: Do they finally win a playoff game after 7 years of not? That seems to be what has spurned all the change, after all.
No one is arguing with you about this.

well for one Burrow has never been All Pro, while his talent may be on that level, he has not been named All Pro in any season and the Steelers are 2-3 against Burrow so losing both games last year if he had played is not a certainty
Didnt his replacement have like a 98 passer rating?

If you can't/don't recognize Burrow as an "All Pro"- level talent, I don't know what to tell you. Anyone who goes into KC and beats Mahomes to go to the Super Bowl, as Burrow did 3 years ago, is playing at a "Pro Bowl-level" whether or not he officially made All Pro or not. So, semantics is what you're going for? OK. Semantics it is. If you don't want to admit playing Cinci with Burrow behind center is a heck of a lot bigger challenge than without, then, OK there too.

If you can't/don't recognize Burrow as an "All Pro"- level talent, I don't know what to tell you. Anyone who goes into KC and beats Mahomes to go to the Super Bowl, as Burrow did 3 years ago, is playing at a "Pro Bowl-level" whether or not he officially made All Pro or not. So, semantics is what you're going for? OK. Semantics it is. If you don't want to admit playing Cinci with Burrow behind center is a heck of a lot bigger challenge than without, then, OK there too.
Facts is what i am going for

I clearly stated he may be playing at an all pro level but since he has not been voted one. He is not an all pro.

Also i did not say playing with him under center was not s bigger challenge just that it is not certain to be s loss as he is only 3-2 against the Steelers

"Backdoor Butternut BoB",.... I wonder what ever became of him.................... He use to have some REAL post(s).

Salute the nation

And the saddest part of it all is you don't even realize I am right. So sad.
And let's just say for the sake of argument you are 100% right. Then what? Because if you are, and since we cannot control any of it, the logical conclusion would be to go root for another team that better satisfies your desires for your football team. Right? It seems that you are very unhappy with the Pittsburgh Steelers and that would be a solution that you can control for your unhappiness.

Look, I am fine with disagreements and even disgust with the Steelers. But when people lose sight of the fact that we have no control over any of it, to accuse people of being apologists or having rose colored glasses or "you don't realize I'm right"...so what? If you being right actually changed anything, I could understand, but it does not.

I'm going up to the Penns Creek this weekend for some trout fishing. It's blown out right now with more rain coming. "It sucks! Everytime I plan a trip, the rains are Biblical. It's not fair, and it shouldn't be!" That helps the Penns Creek go down about as much as your constant wah, wahing helps change anything with the Steelers.

If I remember correctly, Burrow has an 88 lifetime passer rating vs us... so average... also QBR remains a proprietary garbage stat from ESPN... stats shouldn't be calculated with feels and opinions as the driving force...

So many “football” fans forget that the ESPN QBR is a made up stat with no real official status.

Salute the nation

So many “football” fans forget that the ESPN QBR is a made up stat with no real official status.

Salute the nation
A lot of professional talking heads prefer it saying it is the most-accurate measure for QBs out there. Not saying it is or isn't just saying a lot of pros prefer it.

A lot of professional talking heads prefer it saying it is the most-accurate measure for QBs out there. Not saying it is or isn't just saying a lot of pros prefer it.
So stats come in several variants that range from purely objective to purely subjective.

An objective stat remains the same regardless of who compiles it.. like Td catches or rushing yards
Others have some subjectivity, but are mostly objective... like Tackles or qb pressures... there is a reasonably correlated criteria for them, so while there can be variance, it wont be huge

Some are just talking head bullcrap. And QBR absolutely is one of those because a portion of it is what the analyst thinks should have happened...

The same play run against the same d with the same result could return vastly different conclusions based on the analyst. It injects ridiculous bias into the math

The initial Idea for a QBR type stat was to account for run plays and sacks ... but ESPN analysts couldnt come up with the narrative tget wanted no matter how tgey added those numbers in... so they opted to add the subjective part so they could tell us who they thought was doing good and prove it with a stat that assuredly always matched their narrative

Its garbage

SEE post directly above. It’s post #72

Salute the nation

Salute the nation
So stats come in several variants that range from purely objective to purely subjective.

An objective stat remains the same regardless of who compiles it.. like Td catches or rushing yards
Others have some subjectivity, but are mostly objective... like Tackles or qb pressures... there is a reasonably correlated criteria for them, so while there can be variance, it wont be huge

Some are just talking head bullcrap. And QBR absolutely is one of those because a portion of it is what the analyst thinks should have happened...

The same play run against the same d with the same result could return vastly different conclusions based on the analyst. It injects ridiculous bias into the math

The initial Idea for a QBR type stat was to account for run plays and sacks ... but ESPN analysts couldnt come up with the narrative tget wanted no matter how tgey added those numbers in... so they opted to add the subjective part so they could tell us who they thought was doing good and prove it with a stat that assuredly always matched their narrative

Its garbage
I understand, just saying lots of talking heads stand by it, that's all.

Me too !!!

Awhile back, we played the Raiders who were really bad….. so it looked like easy win.

NOT so fast.

Thier out of shape fat-***-ed QB ran a 80+ yard TD run On us. It wasn’t just that play but the whole game we looked like deer eyes in headlights.

To many games like this in this HC’s tenure. Just this past season, two 2-10 teams back to back loses as we were unprepared.

Salute the nation