• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How Many Americans Are on Welfare?

How is my housing subsidized? I hope you don't mean my tax deduction. That is the government allowing me to keep more of MY money, not the government paying for my house.

NFL stadiums = subsidized housing.

I stopped getting worked up over welfare for the poor when the government decided we needed welfare for the banks.

"Protection of the middle class" is a popular campaign cliche, but if anything, all we can afford is the working class (lower middle class). The middle class is the backbone of this country and we need to be taxed, and like it or not, taxed heavily.

NFL stadiums = subsidized housing.

I don't like government subsidizing stadiums any more than most. However, unless I am mistaken, they are getting subsidies from local governments and approved by local representatives and/or the people, not federal subsidies to build. Maybe there are some or they get deductions for using union labor or something? Some indirect federal funding?

For what it is worth, the NFL is a not-for-profit. so I don't know what kind of deductions are important for them. I don't think the teams are, though, so they would need deductions.

No idea how NFL stadiums = housing, though.

No idea how NFL stadiums = housing, though.

Ark, I suspect that since 21 is losing the argument (i.e., that only 831,000 Americans are on "welfare" when the census data show that the real number is more than 120 million), he has implemented the "change the point of discussion" technique.

student loan money - that which you're required to pay back - is now welfare?

hell, i guess financing a car or house is also welfare.

huh

It was a very cute attempt at spin, the way he said government assistance included food stamps, student loans, etc.

It was a very cute attempt at spin, the way he said government assistance included food stamps, student loans, etc.

It was actually pathetic. The inability to say "I'm wrong" or to see logic is sometimes baffling.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

There shouldn't be a pebble within a hundred miles of this board.

Well, yeah, but that's because we are never wrong.

So you were wrong to offer your comment.

I'm waiting for you to admit you were wrong to suggest that I have ever been wrong ...

tumblr_inline_najsir7D8S1qmpbid.gif

Too many and down here anyone with kids, can get Medicaid, there are no income limits anymore!!!