• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How stupid can the Browns be???

That is a mystery. But why only the Browns players? As far as I know the Cleveland Clinc has not been targeted for having excessive staph cases after patients have been treated.

The Browns had 7 cases of staph between 2003 and 2006. Winslow contracted it twice.

Four of the 7 cases involve players contracting staph not having stepped into the Clinic.

Here is something interesting, and how fitting it is that sewage made its way into a "browns" locker room.
But this happened in 2007...

CLEVELAND -- The Browns plan to have their locker room rebuilt and their stadium ready for Cleveland's first preseason game after a waterfall containing thousands of gallons of water and some sewage flooded the eight-year-old structure recently.

I worked for MMO, a health insurance company out of Cleveland, in the aughts.
It wasn't only Browns players.
The Cleveland Clinic, their main campus, is a metropolis. It is massive!
I was privy to a lot of inner workings as MMO was the insurance carrier for both the Browns and Bengals.
I think they still are for the Browns, but I don't believe they still are for the Bengals.
Anyways, besides all the current and former NFL players whose files I saw, I also saw NOT NFL players' files, too.
The Cleveland Clinic had a rash of staph cases in the aughts.
All the Browns players that suffered these staph infections suffered them as (most likely) the result of a procedure being performed on Cleveland Clinic's main campus.
I can tell you many complaints were filed against Cleveland Clinic, loss of sponsorships/partnerships were threatened and actually executed, investigations were done, and drastic changes were made as a result.
I can't tell you anything from "inside" Cleveland Clinic as I never worked for them.
Only all the outside things and assumptions without seeing actual inside documents.
I'm not dismissing what you write above from 2007, just citing all I know from that time period with people other than professional athletes getting staph from Cleveland Clinic procedures on their main campus during that period.

I worked for MMO, a health insurance company out of Cleveland, in the aughts.
It wasn't only Browns players.
The Cleveland Clinic, their main campus, is a metropolis. It is massive!
I was privy to a lot of inner workings as MMO was the insurance carrier for both the Browns and Bengals.
I think they still are for the Browns, but I don't believe they still are for the Bengals.
Anyways, besides all the current and former NFL players whose files I saw, I also saw NOT NFL players' files, too.
The Cleveland Clinic had a rash of staph cases in the aughts.
All the Browns players that suffered these staph infections suffered them as (most likely) the result of a procedure being performed on Cleveland Clinic's main campus.
I can tell you many complaints were filed against Cleveland Clinic, loss of sponsorships/partnerships were threatened and actually executed, investigations were done, and drastic changes were made as a result.
I can't tell you anything from "inside" Cleveland Clinic as I never worked for them.
Only all the outside things and assumptions without seeing actual inside documents.
I'm not dismissing what you write above from 2007, just citing all I know from that time period with people other than professional athletes getting staph from Cleveland Clinic procedures on their main campus during that period.
Thats good to know.
Before posting I did try and research the Cleveland Clinic as it relates to staph infections and couldn't find anything....but then that's not news a prestigious health care system wants the public to know about.

But i was able to verify the statements below. Regarding the bottom 3 and Winslow's 2nd, in all 4 cases none of the sources indicated that they had been treated at the Clinic prior to contracting staph. The first 3 players yes.
Brian Russell blamed it on the hot tub.

This was Winslow's second infection. His first case came in 2005 after surgery to repair a torn knee ligament in which he was hospitalized and lost almost 30 pounds.

• Former Browns center LeCharles Bentley remains out of football after suffering a staph infection that he said was life-threatening. The infection was diagnosed shortly after surgery to repair a torn tendon in his left knee in 2006.

• Receiver Joe Jurevicius is still battling back from an infection that surfaced two weeks after his arthroscopic knee surgery in January.

• Receiver Braylon Edwards missed two games during his rookie year in 2005 with a staph infection that had to be surgically removed from his right arm.

• A recurring staph infection in an elbow all but wiped out former safety Brian Russell's 2006 season.

• In late 2003, former linebacker Ben Taylor wound up in the Cleveland Clinic for five days with a staph infection after reporting to practice with a scratch near his elbow and flulike symptoms that worsened during the day.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the Steelers used to have a charity basketball game during the off season. Can't remember who they played but always thought it was a stupid idea. Other than golf, I thought these type of events were in the past.
Steelers used to go to local high schools and play basketball on the backs of donkeys in the off season

I give them a sideways "8" on the stupidity scale... which is the symbol for infinity....
Starting with the contract they gave Watson to begin with: 100% guaranteed $. Then all the draft picks. Unreal.