• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hurricane Hillary

If they just had more battery cars in California this wouldn't be happening. Hurricanes are drawn to areas of vehicle emissions. AOC could have told you that.

I hope everyone in the path is able to prepare, lock down valuables and stay safe.
I would be most worried about hard drives/servers getting wiped and a storm surge in Akanacides.

It will be a little baby storm by the time it hits land. We have daily summer thunderstorms stronger than that.

Probably right providing residents give up their guns.
And your stuff when thieves want it. And your children to the state who will help them decide which gender they are, then take appropriate mutilation measures.

I'm listening to the radio and they're all worked up about a minor tropical storm of 60 mph winds hitting Southern California. It was kinda hilarious to me. Then again I have lived in Florida for 34 years.

I have a lot of tall trees. Many are eucalyptus... aka widow makers. hope it doesnt get to 60.

I have a lot of tall trees. Many are eucalyptus... aka widow makers. hope it doesnt get to 60.

The wind will die very fast. That's some real cold water it's heading into. That's why it will die very quick as far as the winds. Cold water kills tropical cyclones fast.

You'll definitely get a lot of rain,so flooding will be the biggest issue, just as it is here. The storm surge should be minor.

I'm listening to the radio and they're all worked up about a minor tropical storm of 60 mph winds hitting Southern California. It was kinda hilarious to me. Then again I have lived in Florida for 34 years.
We moved from So Cal to Wyoming, so 60 is a breeze.

I was in So Cal for a few Hurricanes. The earthquakes are more fun.

I was in So Cal for a few Hurricanes. The earthquakes are more fun.

I've never been in an earthquake. So far Hurricane, tropical storm. I actually drove 200 miles through one. The only stuff that scared me so far was the 2 tornadoes that came through our farm in PA. It sounded like a freight train coming.

I've never been in an earthquake. So far Hurricane, tropical storm. I actually drove 200 miles through one. The only stuff that scared me so far was the 2 tornadoes that came through our farm in PA. It sounded like a freight train coming.
Northridge quake , a mile from epicenter, 6.9...as it progressed the noise got deafening. cabinets separated from wall. found refrigerator 30 feet from where it was, dresser toppled over in bedroom , wifey got a black eye trying to get out the door. almost 1/2 the pool was emptied. cinder block walls tumbled. It felt like it was never going to stop. We were fortunate our house didn't split in half like the the one across the street. We must have been on the low end of the wave.

They lowered later to a 6.7. BULLSHIT

Last edited:
I've been through hurricanes. My scariest experience was getting caught in a flash flood. It only took seconds for that water to rise.

Casper probably strongest winds I have ever experenced... and it's common!
Rawlins is much worse. The land forms there create a funnel, and the winds howl, darned near nonstop. We were through Rawlins and Casper yesterday. Casper had breezes. Rawlins had hurricanes.

Northridge quake , a mile from epicenter, 6.9...as it progressed the noise got deafening. cabinets separated from wall. found refrigerator 30 feet from where it was, dresser toppled over in bedroom , wifey got a black eye trying to get out the door. almost 1/2 the pool was emptied. cinder block walls tumbled. It felt like it was never going to stop. We were fortunate our house didn't split in half like the the one across the street. We must have been on the low end of the wave.

They lowered later to a 6.7. BULLSHIT
That was a heck of a quake. I was on San Diego so it was lesser, but it woke me up and threw things.

My buddy in San Diego just posted this. Epic.

Apocalyptic storm coming. In San Diego, this means it will rain, a strange phenomenon. I'm going to go out on a limb and make some predictions. That same spot by the river will flood, and somebody will try to drive through it. Reporters will arrive and make live reports of a stranded car. Other reporters will interview residents who will breathlessly talk about mud. Some trees will topple. And news reports will show people using umbrellas. And it will be windy. Brace for the horror.