• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I am trying to figure out why John Schnatter resigned

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
He is the founder and chairman of Papa John's for those that don't know. Yes, he used the N-word, but it appears to me that he was using it in a manner that would decry racism. If he had said something hateful, ok, I get it. I don't think he was being racist. Read the article in the link provided. This to me seems pretty innocuous as far as using the N-word goes. Just curious what everyone else thinks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/10/pap...tter-resigns-as-chairman-of-company-boar.html

Years ago some guy, a Washington, D.C. city worker, was fired for using the word "niggardly", which has nothing to do with race.

It doesn't matter. He is an evil capital list that had the audacity to start a company work hard and get rich and this is all the in that the left needs to destroy him. So he has to step down to protect the value of the company I believe he still owns 51% of the stock.

I get that using the N-Word is bad. But in this case, context has to be a factor. He was accusing KFC of being racist and used the N-Word to describe what KFC said. You have to have your life destroyed for that? That is the standard? Like I said, if he was being hateful, ok. That is clearly not the case here.

their pizza sucks anyway....

When the Papa John's in my town closed up I didn't miss it. Subway moved into their old storefront. Then the KFC closed* (bad) and was replaced by Domino's (worse).

*The KFC did great business and only closed because the company decreed that all stores would have a drive-thru and there was no room to add one. Corporate fucktards.

I do not buy pizza from anyone whose name doesn't end with a vowel.
^^^This^^^
Here in the valley Buzzi's, Vesuvio's, and Mario's are all very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC
He supported Trump and criticized the anthem protests. So naturally he was branded a racists already. It was only a matter of time before he was taken down.

I'm not seeing this as a huge deal. Doesn't sound like he was being racist at all to me.
It's a huge deal where I live as my hometown is where he opened his first Pspa store. My mother has known him since then and says he has always been a dick.

White people are racist, black people are awesome yadda yadda yadda.

here's some **** that actually is important to know. the tissue around your ******* is the EXACT same tissue your lips are made of. think about this the next time you are pounding your old lady from behind and you see that brown hole than she puckers and asks for a kiss. God I love science.

here's some **** that actually is important to know. the tissue around your ******* is the EXACT same tissue your lips are made of. think about this the next time you are pounding your old lady from behind and you see that brown hole than she puckers and asks for a kiss. God I love science.

Wait a minute.......what?

:puke:

Oh man. Whoa. They may be made of the same tissue but what exits from each is the incontrovertible distinguishing factor here. Lol.

I lie awake at night, worrying about the tissue around my *******. I hope to keep it pristine. If not, move on.

I get that using the N-Word is bad. But in this case, context has to be a factor. He was accusing KFC of being racist and used the N-Word to describe what KFC said. You have to have your life destroyed for that? That is the standard? Like I said, if he was being hateful, ok. That is clearly not the case here.

I didn't realize the context until I read the article. Agree 100%. And even if he is an *******, doesn't deserve to have his life ruined (if it actually is). The world is crazy these days, between watching Spike's "resist" video, this, and a whole slew of other things (like that circus on Capitol Hill today). Feels like I'm living in The Twilight Zone sometimes.

Oh man. Whoa. They may be made of the same tissue but what exits from each is the incontrovertible distinguishing factor here. Lol.

I don't know. I have heard a lot of stupid **** spew from peoples lips.

I have actually been sitting here laughing my *** off thinking about how many of yinz are gonna think about this the next time you kiss your woman. rotflmao. and they said that 50 grand I spend on my science degree was a waste of money..

So it must be Ok to use the exact same tissue you use to wipe your *** to wipe your mouth.

I have actually been sitting here laughing my *** off thinking about how many of yinz are gonna think about this the next time you kiss your woman. rotflmao. and they said that 50 grand I spend on my science degree was a waste of money..

You, sir, have an apt moniker on Steeler Nation. Keep up the good work.

200.gif

giphy.gif

He has enough money to walk away. Everyone here would do the same.

I put autopsied bodies back together. Trust me, we all look the same on the inside.