• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I don't even have a headline for this. Wow is about the best I can do. Political ad

sure, I walking up to an armed man with a can of pepper spray....

maybe what u really need is a flame-thrower

now if you want to give me one of those paint pellet guns altered to shoot pepper pellets....but then what if he just starts spraying bullets blindly.....

Anti Gun Political Ad, comedy gold

The idiocy speaks for itself. Just imagine all the people involved in setting up, filming editing, publishing to social media and promoting. Not one pointed out the stupidity.

giphy.gif

The idiocy speaks for itself. Just imagine all the people involved in setting up, filming editing, publishing to social media and promoting. Not one pointed out the stupidity.

I would rather see him walk up to an active shooter with his spray can.....

Well, yeah, after he broke the glass on the "Use In Case of Emergency" container. Can't have those pepper spray cans out in the open, can we??

So two points:

(1) You have some idiotic "Break in Emergency" pepper spray containers, 99.9% of the people who break the glass will be students, using the spray on their friends. Or enemies.
(2) If a teacher has to "break the glass" to get the pepper spray, the teacher is dead and the glass remains unbroken.

Cops use pepper spray ON UNARMED SUSPECTS. UN-*******-ARMED. Know why? BECAUSE ARMED SUSPECTS WOULD JUST ******* SHOOT THEM.

have to give the guy credit for spraying himself in the face. Some sprays have decent range and could in theory blind a shooter. However having it in a glass case in a classroom will be no good. Students / teachers would need to have it on them to stand any chance.

Yeah, just isn't realistic. Give the lunatic credit for actually looking for a solution (which seems to be lost on the left), but perhaps rubber bullets, or just working like a damn airport or federal courthouse, utilize metal detectors and armed officers at all times.

On another note, had a friend mention that literal fingerprint identity on guns would be a good way to deter them from getting in the wrong hands. In reality, there are already 300,000,000+ guns in circulation and I don't know how expensive that would be, but maybe something to think about.

I give the guy credit for ATTEMPTING to come up with an option for a dangerous situation. This could very well help with an unarmed attacker, but I cannot believe it has a viable chance against an armed one. A small step forward, but not a total solution.

it could work against an armed attacker. the guy can only look one way at a time. If a few people charged with pepper spay and one hit its mark the guy would be shooting blindly and hopefully others would be able to grab him and or the gun. Take the church shooting for example where the shooter walked up and down the pews. If a few people had pepper spray in their purses / pockets they might have been able to get him. Its obviously not going to be a effective as having a gun, but it is at least something.

If your only defense can be thwarted by goggles then your defense sucks ***.

Maybe they could throw erasers at an active shooter instead...

(1) You have some idiotic "Break in Emergency" pepper spray containers, 99.9% of the people who break the glass will be students, using the spray on their friends. Or enemies.
(2) If a teacher has to "break the glass" to get the pepper spray, the teacher is dead and the glass remains unbroken.

Cops use pepper spray ON UNARMED SUSPECTS. UN-*******-ARMED. Know why? BECAUSE ARMED SUSPECTS WOULD JUST ******* SHOOT THEM.

To the first point, no they wouldn't. Maybe at home just to be idiots, but not at school. For the second, it's a much better option than hiding under desks and just waiting to get shot.

Yeah, just isn't realistic. Give the lunatic credit for actually looking for a solution (which seems to be lost on the left), but perhaps rubber bullets, or just working like a damn airport or federal courthouse, utilize metal detectors and armed officers at all times.

On another note, had a friend mention that literal fingerprint identity on guns would be a good way to deter them from getting in the wrong hands. In reality, there are already 300,000,000+ guns in circulation and I don't know how expensive that would be, but maybe something to think about.

Wait, so providing pepper spray for each classroom isn't realistic, but fingerprint identity on all guns in America is something to think about?

I give the guy credit for ATTEMPTING to come up with an option for a dangerous situation. This could very well help with an unarmed attacker, but I cannot believe it has a viable chance against an armed one. A small step forward, but not a total solution.

Yep, this is something realistic and practical unlike those who believe that every teacher in America should be armed.

so there is an active shooter and you are going to step out in the hallway with a spraycan??? Bullshit..like I said earlier, maybe a paintball type gun modified to shoot pepper pellets....but I would prefer to step out with a glock and put a few rounds in the shooters head....

I can't believe this is a real discussion. Most (almost all) school shootings are done by former students. They would know about the ill conceived idea of having pepper spray in the class rooms. Again the defense against pepper spray to is put on goggles. Not something that would be a big deal to pick up 5 seconds before they entered into the school. It's ridiculous.

Nobody wants all the teachers to be armed. But if a few of them, like me that have been trained in weapons safety and has a CCP, could be armed without any issues.

Take the church shooting for example where the shooter walked up and down the pews. If a few people had pepper spray in their purses / pockets they might have been able to get him.

Or if as has happened dozens, no hundreds, of times, if an armed citizen shoots the bad guy, case closed.

So Trump says maybe allow qualified, trained teachers knowledgeable in firearms to have their guns with them at school. Seems worthy of discussion. The left's (usual) response:

Sheldon-Cooper-Freaking-Out-Reaction-Gif-On-Big-Bang-Theory.gif
giphy.gif
f579e2623b341cc124ba4aa7fda87ecf.gif

like i said a gun would obviously be more effective, but pepper spray shouldn't be totally dismissed. Some of it has a 30ft range. I think it would be more effective than pepper bullets. With the bullets you would have to have good aim with a gun. i do not think one can in a classroom will work. basically every student would need to carry to have a chance

How about install a system like fire sprinklers, only filled with pepper spray.... if an active shooter comes in, anyone, from any room can pull the pepper alarm and flood the entire school with pepper spray. Sure be interesting to watch the 6 o'clock news that night.

so there is an active shooter and you are going to step out in the hallway with a spraycan??? Bullshit..like I said earlier, maybe a paintball type gun modified to shoot pepper pellets....but I would prefer to step out with a glock and put a few rounds in the shooters head....

Again, you have to think practical. A modified gun to shoot pepper pellets isn't practical. Having something to spray at an intruder as they bust into your room rather than just hide and wait to get shot is not the dumbest idea anyone has had.

Again, you have to think practical. A modified gun to shoot pepper pellets isn't practical. Having something to spray at an intruder as they bust into your room rather than just hide and wait to get shot is not the dumbest idea anyone has had.

It may not be the dumbest but that doesn't make it a good suggestion. There is a reason why the police only use pepper spray for people that are unarmed. It won't work for armed people. If someone burst into a classroom looking to kill everyone then taking him out with pepper spray is utterly ridiculous. He'll just keep shooting OR he'll already have on eye protection which renders pepper spray less than useless because now everybody in the class EXCEPT him can't see ****.

It may not be the dumbest but that doesn't make it a good suggestion. There is a reason why the police only use pepper spray for people that are unarmed. It won't work for armed people. If someone burst into a classroom looking to kill everyone then taking him out with pepper spray is utterly ridiculous. He'll just keep shooting OR he'll already have on eye protection which renders pepper spray less than useless because now everybody in the class EXCEPT him can't see ****.

Again, let's just hide behind desks. That's a much better option.