• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I Feel Bad for Chase Claypool

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
He'd still be our top slot option and that is an upgrade over all of our other WRs. He also gives us starting Z ability if GP went down. We lost a lot of depth when we traded him, but that value is unreal.
And the ball just gets redistributed. more Muth more others same yards. They should take a wr next year but only in their typical 3rd round. hope the kid from this year is all better at slot. Maybe a cheap FA grab. Too me the first three need to be bigs and possibly a DB if they lose a ton.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
He'd still be our top slot option and that is an upgrade over all of our other WRs. He also gives us starting Z ability if GP went down. We lost a lot of depth when we traded him, but that value is unreal.
If he is a team’s top slot option then the position needs upgraded imo

You obviously value his game more than I do because there are multiple guys on the roster I’d rather see in the slot than Claypool next year

I saw his departure as an addition through subtraction, he was playing weak and getting weaker

Shocked how well they fleeced the Bears for a depth piece player

Burfict Hit

Reaction score
Yeah, that is incredible. But ya know, if he acted like a mature professional athlete and not the show boat wannabe I’d like to think he would still be here. But yes, to be worse than the worst team is an incredible feat.
Yeah. Our noble system of parting ways with show boat players has done us wonders when it comes to winning. Remind me ..how many playoff games have we won since AB and Leveon left?

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
If he is a team’s top slot option then the position needs upgraded imo

You obviously value his game more than I do because there are multiple guys on the roster I’d rather see in the slot than Claypool next year

I saw his departure as an addition through subtraction, he was playing weak and getting weaker

Shocked how well they fleeced the Bears for a depth piece player
Claypool was working hard and won us a game when Trubisky had to convert those 2 3rd and longs. Claypool wasn't a lump, the Bears just didn't utilize him.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Ya and it’s hard to see the upside there but you never know, life is funny you just never know if it’s he he or ha ha

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Claypool was working hard and won us a game when Trubisky had to convert those 2 3rd and longs. Claypool wasn't a lump, the Bears just didn't utilize him.
He made a couple plays in 1 game, I’d hardly give him all the credit for that win

If that’s the case every time his weak *** went up vs a diminutive DB and got out battled then he must have lost us those games…he’s been a lump since his rookie season concluded

It’s no mystery to me that he is one of a handful of reasons we got better…after his departure

Take another soft/weak player out of the locker room and add some more of the tougher identity to the squad through a more aggressive run game and an aggressive D and it’s no mystery to me the wins begin

In short we didn’t miss him one bit
But that draft pick may help

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
He made a couple plays in 1 game, I’d hardly give him all the credit for that win

If that’s the case every time his weak *** went up vs a diminutive DB and got out battled then he must have lost us those games…he’s been a lump since his rookie season concluded

It’s no mystery to me that he is one of a handful of reasons we got better…after his departure

Take another soft/weak player out of the locker room and add some more of the tougher identity to the squad through a more aggressive run game and an aggressive D and it’s no mystery to me the wins begin

In short we didn’t miss him one bit
But that draft pick may help
I think there was definitely some locker room shenanigans in play.

Nah the Steelers will draft a WR somewhere in the draft. I am sticking to somewhere between round 1 -4.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree Slash, It has to be something off of the field that led to moving him, because on the field, he was working hard, initiating contact in both the run game and after the catch, and as much as some of you don't want to admit it, we do not win that Tampa Bay game.

I can see hating Claypool or being disappointed about his diminishing stats each season, but you can't deny 8 rec on 8 targets for 96yds and a TD with key 1st down pickups on the come from behind win. He played like the Claypool we drafted and Chicago was hoping for that player when they traded for him.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree Slash, It has to be something off of the field that led to moving him, because on the field, he was working hard, initiating contact in both the run game and after the catch, and as much as some of you don't want to admit it, we do not win that Tampa Bay game.

I can see hating Claypool or being disappointed about his diminishing stats each season, but you can't deny 8 rec on 8 targets for 96yds and a TD with key 1st down pickups on the come from behind win. He played like the Claypool we drafted and Chicago was hoping for that player when they traded for him.
It was his diva attitude without nothing to support it. He can be a decent #2 with work or a good #3 but his lack of highpointing and strength doesn't help the guy become a deep throw threat which would make him a #1

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Meh. Claypool has trouble catching. Add contact into the equation it becomes a nightmare for him.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Ahhhh....Claypool 8 for 8 and DJ's 10 for 10.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. Our noble system of parting ways with show boat players has done us wonders when it comes to winning. Remind me ..how many playoff games have we won since AB and Leveon left?
We didn't win that many with them unfortunately.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Chicago's front office needs some remodeling.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What's the possibility of Juju coming back?

I thought he just signed with KC for one -year?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
What's the possibility of Juju coming back?

I thought he just signed with KC for one -year?
I would never say never. I don't think he left on a bad note..

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Juju is expected to get around 9 mil on the open market… with the market not exactly packed with wrs, he might get a bit more than that… I don’t know if that is the best option…

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I agreed but the attitude of the offense seemed better without him. Maybe he was more drama than we realized. I would like us to utilize Moore creative sets with Watt at FB Heyward, Muth and Pickens or DJ or Austin. Really mix up the run and pass out of this grouping and leave them guessing.