• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I felt my CONservative friends here are in need of watching this

I don't get just about everything you're writing.

When did anybody say it wasn't bad for you?

What does legality have to do with the environmental impact anyway? Someone could easily argue that regulation would improve the environmental impact.

You are correct in that you said nothing about whether it was bad for you or not. That is just something I am tired of, dealing with kids, fresh off of reading their High Times propaganda, telling me it isn't bad for them.

Weed was illegal, hence people were not growing massive fields of it, cutting down forests and using up water. Now it is legal, hence the issue. Perhaps you are correct, and this is a case in which the regulations have not caught up yet. I was just advancing the theory that it could give people pause. The issue would not be if not for legalization. There would be no need for regulations.

People have to understand cause and effect. In Wyoming, they eradicated the coyotes. Tourists were complaining about driving down roads and seeing a bunch of them chewing on an elk. So they got rid of them. Problem is, the elk went wild. Now you go out there, and streams which should have vegetation growing pretty much up to them, don't. Hence, it is screwing with the ecology of the streams. Now, they are reintroducing the coyote. When you do something, there is going to be an impact, some of it negative. There have been some negative impacts to legalizing weed. Maybe they will work through them. We'll see.

I have stayed out of this "Discussion" because it makes no sense. Kids having acess is ilegal in every aspect, legal or not.

Kids smoking cigs - AGAINST the law in most places untill 18
Kids using Alcohol - AGAINST the law everywhere till 21
Kids smoking weed - AGAINST the law where legal untill 18 or 21

The problem is kids BREAKING the law, not that something is legal or not for ADULTS.

I have stayed out of this "Discussion" because it makes no sense. Kids having acess is ilegal in every aspect, legal or not.

Kids smoking cigs - AGAINST the law in most places untill 18
Kids using Alcohol - AGAINST the law everywhere till 21
Kids smoking weed - AGAINST the law where legal untill 18 or 21

The problem is kids BREAKING the law, not that something is legal or not for ADULTS.

You are correct. My job tends to make kids my frame of reference. And, it is so prevalent among high school age kids that you forget it isn't legal for them. They can get weed so much easier than they can get booze. When I was in high school in the early 80s, everybody knew places you could get served, so booze was easy to get.

However, because I veered it off into kids, doesn't discount the other stuff. I was also questioning some of the side effects of legalization.

da, telling me it isn't bad for them.

Weed was illegal, hence people were not growing massive fields of it, cutting down forests and using up water.

when it was legal, people did just that....hemp is one of the singular most useful plants ever cultivated.

personal use growing, done conventionally, uses about a gallon a week for 3 plants.

I know.

and rather than PAYING for the hoards of people imprisoned for possession, wouldn't it be a bit more advantageous to have those people back in society, footing a bit of the bills...even if they work 2 fast food jobs?

well, unless you own stock in a prison company.

total legalisation....it's time.

when it was legal, people did just that....hemp is one of the singular most useful plants ever cultivated.

personal use growing, done conventionally, uses about a gallon a week for 3 plants.

I know.

and rather than PAYING for the hoards of people imprisoned for possession, wouldn't it be a bit more advantageous to have those people back in society, footing a bit of the bills...even if they work 2 fast food jobs?

I agree. And it should be regulated and taxed just like alcohol.

Just light up some chronic and relax, aight brah?

Thas right man, that **** won't hurtchoo. In fact, dat shitz good for you. Pathway to success brutha. Pathway to success.

I know.

Couple of things. I don't know where you are from, but out West the water situation is different from here in the East. They don't have near the amount of water, so farmers are under regulations we do not see in the East. Again, perhaps the regulations have to catch up with the weed growers, but at this point it cannot be denied that it is an issue. I know that at one time hemp was grown quite a bit for making rope, among other things. Just up the road from me is what they believe may have been a old hemp mill. Again, though, this growing was done here in the East. I do not know if they had massive hemp fields out West.

I agree with the premise of getting people out of jail for possession. Where we part company is that there are 92 million people unemployed right now, so the second part could be some wishful thinking.

I think it is important to understand that with total legalization, there will be repercussions. We can't deny those, and I think I have sensed that with a few of you on here. Heck, I was just stating some of the things I have read, and it's like people don't want to hear it. I didn't make it up.

Last edited: