• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I hate even bringing this up, but...

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
With all the talk about their running game, and if our run defense is good enough. Is there any way we worry about their running game so much that we get Tebowed on the back end?

I thought we all,as Steeler Nation,permanently have erased that clusterfuck of a game from our memory banks....lol. I would like to think we have learned a thing or two from that day.
Plus we got 2 superduper rookies starting that were probably in kindergarten during that game��

I'm hoping that Big Dan had a break thru and is ready to be a big-time contributor to our cause

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

They're gonna get some yards but it won't be enough.

Not with a backup QB.

While Miami may catch us a time or two being overaggressive against the run, I don't think we change our defensive personality in this one. We'll still play two safeties deep a lot and just count on having better personnel (Shazier, Dupree, Davis, Harrison etc.), fewer mistakes in terms of being in the wrong gap and better tackling this time around.

That Tebow game was the result of the defense showing no respect whatsoever to Tebow.

They were playing way up in the box on him. He only completed like 10 passes the entire ******* game. Had they simply played the ******* BASE defense that game it wouldn't have ever been close, but they played much more of a goal-line, run-stopping defense throughout the game and it worked pretty well.

Except for like 10 passes...

A loss here would be worse than being Tebowed. We are at Home vs. a backup QB and 10 point favorites.

Defense will adjust and be fine. I am seriously not worried. Don't lose sleep Steeler Nation. We need all the positve mojo directed at the B&G come sunday

That Tebow game was the result of the defense showing no respect whatsoever to Tebow.

They were playing way up in the box on him. He only completed like 10 passes the entire ******* game. Had they simply played the ******* BASE defense that game it wouldn't have ever been close, but they played much more of a goal-line, run-stopping defense throughout the game and it worked pretty well.

Add to that... Ryan Clark didn't play the game. That certainly played a part throughout the game.

and one of those completions was for 80 yards (320 or so for the game) where the DB slipped, right?

I'm not even sure Tebow was a back up ��

I knew someone would go there.
Tebow was their starting QB and they won something like 11 games that year thanks mostly to a strong defense. What hurts is that it was the last game he ever played in. I can see getting lifted for Peyton Manning but no one else ever deemed him good enough to play QB ever again.

PITTSBURGH -- Before he went out to practice Thursday,*Pittsburgh Steelers*safety Mike Mitchell debated aloud with teammates how many layers he should put on.*

The Steelers*were practicing inside, but*there was a high of*23 degrees outside and the indoor facility at the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex is a large metal building that already sucks the heat*out of the air.

Before practice began, though, Mitchell saw Tomlin and could tell his head coach would only be making the team's afternoon session colder.

"I was like 'This is one of those adversity moments.' He likes to put us in those situations just to -- [mess]*with us, to be totally honest. To be totally honest, that's what he's doing," Mitchell said.

Offensive coordinator Todd Haley said overhead doors at either end of the building were left open with the fans that line the walls above the end zones blowing in the frigid outside air. Thursday's practice was only missing the wind, Haley said.

The Steelers' and others' Super Bowl oddsInside Pittsburgh's practice squad and Tomlin's philosophy on it

In his four years as a Steelers Mitchell said Tomlin had never seen Tomlin arrange such a practice. But Pittsburgh hosts the Miami Dolphins in a 1 p.m. kickoff on Sunday, when the forecast calls for a high of 18 degrees and a low of 9. Mitchell gave*Tomlin credit for putting his team in similar conditions in advance.

"When I talk about him being a great coach it's little things like that," Mitchell said. "I can guarantee you no one wants to be freezing like we were, but at the end of the day it's going to be cold where we play and you got to be able to execute and have your mind right for the job."

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/01/steelers_tomlin_cold_practice.html

But he did try this

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

and one of those completions was for 80 yards (320 or so for the game) where the DB slipped, right?
Wasn't that winner in OT to Thomas

Tomlin loses to inferior opponents regularly. That's just fact. If they are trying new things, great. Whatever it is that makes them play like **** against scrub teams needs to be fixed. I think it's lack of leadership. Both players and coaches.

Tomlin doesn't think it's his job to motivate. Problem is, the players weren't doing it themselves. There was just the gap of leadership not being filled by anybody for years. A big part of that is Ben was not really a leader until recent years.

It seems in the last few years, Particularly this year, there seems to be better leadership from Ben and guys like Heyward and Mitchell on defense. This team has a bit more attitude than the last few years. Maybe Tomlin had a hand in that or maybe some guys just grew up a bit.

The test will be Miami. This is a classic setup for a steeler choke job. They are big favorites at home against a backup QB. Under Tomlin, the steelers have notoriously come out slow in these games and play flat. Or the playcalling is arrogant, trying to stick to a predetermined gameplan instead of taking what the defense is giving. They should have blown out the ravens twice. Instead they wasted over half of each game trying to out-muscle the ravens when they could have just carved them up passing.

Let's hope the players come out ready and Haley is flexible.

I knew someone would go there.
Tebow was their starting QB and they won something like 11 games that year thanks mostly to a strong defense. What hurts is that it was the last game he ever played in. I can see getting lifted for Peyton Manning but no one else ever deemed him good enough to play QB ever again.

with some of the **** backups in the league (and no so good starters), this amazes me. There is no way you can convince me that any more than half of the 2nd stringers in the league are better than Tebow was and, especially, the 3rd stringers.