• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I hope these people don't vote

We're failing our nation, and it's probably on purpose.

This idiot actually thought that a credit card limit was money going back to her...now has a sizable debt.
You know she votes demonrat. lol

You should have to pass some type of basic aptitude test for voting.

Tests to qualify for voting have been deemed unconstitutional. Guinn v. United States, 238 U.S. 347 (1915). Literacy tests were originally designed by (D)imbos for Southern states to weed out black voters. Any requirement other than citizenship (which is now under assault) to vote is not permitted.

And we wonder why the nation is $34 trillion in debt and crumbling.

The same goes for politicians. Though I'd make that test much harder and in depth.

Welcome to Steeltime's Nation Improvement Project. The requirement that politicians pass a test to run for office has been one of the pillars of my project. I point out that any profession which carries with it significant responsibility - doctor, lawyer, CPA, pharmacist, real estate agent - and some which have very little to no impact on people - hairdresser, cosmetologist - require passing a test and obtaining a license.

But politician, where you can spend trillions of dollars, send our money to trigger WWIII? No test. That is absurd.

The test should cover three days, with an essay in the morning and 100 multiple choice questions in the afternoon. The subjects will be economics on day 1, civics and US history day 2, and constitutional law on day 3. Don't pass, don't run.

The first one was really close - just needed an A immediately in front of US in the question and 1901 would have been correct.

Wow, that is awesome, Aussie. Also admit to looking it up, but January 1, 1901, which is actually the beginning of the new century. I will admit to learning only today that Australia's independence occurred on new year's day.

Welcome to Steeltime's Nation Improvement Project. The requirement that politicians pass a test to run for office has been one of the pillars of my project. I point out that any profession which carries with it significant responsibility - doctor, lawyer, CPA, pharmacist, real estate agent - and some which have very little to no impact on people - hairdresser, cosmetologist - require passing a test and obtaining a license.

But politician, where you can spend trillions of dollars, send our money to trigger WWIII? No test. That is absurd.

The test should cover three days, with an essay in the morning and 100 multiple choice questions in the afternoon. The subjects will be economics on day 1, civics and US history day 2, and constitutional law on day 3. Don't pass, don't run.
The halls of Congress would be uninhabited.

Tests to qualify for voting have been deemed unconstitutional. Guinn v. United States, 238 U.S. 347 (1915). Literacy tests were originally designed by (D)imbos for Southern states to weed out black voters. Any requirement other than citizenship (which is now under assault) to vote is not permitted.

And we wonder why the nation is $34 trillion in debt and crumbling.

Wow, that is awesome, Aussie. Also admit to looking it up, but January 1, 1901, which is actually the beginning of the new century. I will admit to learning only today that Australia's independence occurred on new year's day.
Winston Churchill said it best..."The best argument against democracy is a 5-minute conversation with the average voter."

I bet if he were alive today, he'd narrow that down to "the average liberal."

What the hell, let's go with a classic example of irony...

"The best argument against democracy is a 5-minute conversation with the average democrat."