• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I predict a trade war with China immediately - how do you think it will turn out?

The dirty little secret is we don't have enough people to support a high growth economy. We would need a lot more skilled and educated immigrants.
No. We need to retrain the unemployed and unemployables.

Who would Trump sell oil too? OPEC is cutting production because there is a glut of oil.

The United States will sell it to ...

The United States:

In 2015, the United States imported approximately 9.4 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum from about 88 countries. Petroleum includes crude oil, natural gas plant liquids, liquefied refinery gases, refined petroleum products such as gasoline and diesel fuel, and biofuels including ethanol and biodiesel. About 78% of gross petroleum imports were crude oil.

In 2015, the United States exported about 4.7 MMb/d of petroleum to 147 countries. Most of the exports were petroleum products. The resulting net imports (imports minus exports) of petroleum were about 4.7 MMb/d

http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=727&t=6

4.7 million barrels per day of revenue remaining in this country, which works out to about $235,000,000 per day at $50/barrel.

Repeat that ... $235,000,000 per day remaining in the United States, generating tax revenue measuring in the tens of millions of dollars per day, income measured in the tens of millions of dollars per day, and income tax revenue measuring in the millions of dollars per day.

I would LOVE to see Hillary $25 million shakedown of the Saudis blow up in her face.

Who would Trump sell oil too? OPEC is cutting production because there is a glut of oil.

At 4.6% unemployment, there aren't many people left to pay taxes. We might need this 4.6% to fill in the jobs being done by all those he
intends to deport.

The dirty little secret is we don't have enough people to support a high growth economy. We would need a lot more skilled and educated immigrants.

I think the dirty little not-so-sekrit is that you know ****-all about the economy.

you know there are a **** ton of people not working, right?