• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I thought black lives matter?

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Gunfire erupted during a crowded party in a vacant house in Omaha early Saturday, leaving three people dead and five wounded, and most witnesses refusing to help investigators, according to police.

Black lives matter, but they won't help the police catch the killers.

From one of the victim's mother -
"I've been in Omaha long enough to know generally what happens at these parties," she said.

She said her daughter agreed and told her she was going elsewhere Friday night, but that she apparently went to the party anyway.

"To the person who pulled the trigger, I want to say it's just senseless. It just needs to stop. I now have a 1-year-old grandson that has no mother," Young said while fighting back tears.

Maybe if there was a father in the picture they could have kept that girl from going to that party. It's a tragedy for sure, but what was 19 year old JaKela Foster doing at a gang banger party at 2am when she has a one year old at home.

Yeah black lives really matter to this crowd.

link - http://news.yahoo.com/police-2-killed-6-wounded-omaha-nebraska-attack-142357402.html

Quit being racist.

black lives matter unless it is blacks taking them. at least that is what the media leads us to believe

There's black people in Nebraska???

There is no advantage to be gained by the race hustlers in this case. It was a black on black crime most likely so there will be no one for Jessi and Al to shake down.

There is no advantage to be gained by the race hustlers in this case. It was a black on black crime most likely so there will be no one for Jessi and Al to shake down.

And it is too commonplace to be any kind of a news story. Probably end up on page 8.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ty-work-across-the-south/ar-AA8DTil?ocid=iehp

White lives should matter too. But of course guns don't kill people, getting in the way of bullets does.

Please attempt to explain what this has to do with the thread? We're discussing black on black crime. Two white people being killed during an apparent robbery isn't at all applicable to the thread. And it's a WEAK attempt at trying to spin the old, tired gun control argument.

I can guarantee though, you won't be dealing with snitches, riots, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Eric Holder, or Obama in this case you referenced. 100% guaranteed.

If the house was vacant, then no one was there to get shot. Nothing to see here, move along...

First of all, let me apologize if my response to this comes across as "defensive" - THAT's BECAUSE IT IS. Guess you didn't get the "rise" that you anticipated Charlie...

Personally, ALL LIVES matter. Many of us know the "crabs in a barrel" scenario causes these actions and they are bound to happen. It's a shame that not one comment, thus far, has been sympathetic to the young mother, who lost her 19 year old daughter, who, as you can see, left this world way to soon and she's left a 1 year old daughter. That makes me sad...

21Steelers21, turned the tables by showing that not only Blacks fight amongst each other. The article, if read open-mindedly, shows that, yes, even our lighter complected **** sapiens can be cruel to each other and, yes, they kill each other too. That sorry was oh so sad as well...

As I stated from the being, ALL LIVES matter. Not one person has the authority to be judge, juror and executioner...

It's very hard for me to see the objective purpose in your OP - was it meant to be sarcastic? Were you intending to ruffle the feathers of some here?? Or did you really, honestly and truly, think that Black lives DO matter???

First of all, let me apologize if my response to this comes across as "defensive" - THAT's BECAUSE IT IS. Guess you didn't get the "rise" that you anticipated Charlie...

Personally, ALL LIVES matter. Many of us know the "crabs in a barrel" scenario causes these actions and they are bound to happen. It's a shame that not one comment, thus far, has been sympathetic to the young mother, who lost her 19 year old daughter, who, as you can see, left this world way to soon and she's left a 1 year old daughter. That makes me sad...

21Steelers21, turned the tables by showing that not only Blacks fight amongst each other. The article, if read open-mindedly, shows that, yes, even our lighter complected **** sapiens can be cruel to each other and, yes, they kill each other too. That sorry was oh so sad as well...

As I stated from the being, ALL LIVES matter. Not one person has the authority to be judge, juror and executioner...

It's very hard for me to see the objective purpose in your OP - was it meant to be sarcastic? Were you intending to ruffle the feathers of some here?? Or did you really, honestly and truly, think that Black lives DO matter???

You are missing the point. But I feel that all lives matter as well. Lets hope Jessie and Al start advocating for young black males to turn aside from criminal gangs as hard s they try to capitalize on Y T Guilt.

I doubt 21 could turn the tables on a classroom full of kinneygardners.

Please explain the "crabs in a barrel" scenario and how it caused "these actions", and then explain how these actions are bound to happen.

You are missing the point. But I feel that all lives matter as well. Lets hope Jessie and Al start advocating for young black males to turn aside from criminal gangs as hard s they try to capitalize on Y T Guilt.
Perhaps I did. The OP made no insinuation about Jesse or Al getting involved because of black on black crime. I guess he'll have to explain because I'm certainly looking at the glass as "half empty"...
Please explain the "crabs in a barrel" scenario and how it caused "these actions", and then explain how these actions are bound to happen.
Charlie, I'll do no such thing. We're all adults here - and I'm certain that you've heard the term used at some point in your lifetime. I'm certain that you can Google the phrase and read the results that are yielded...

Until I you fully explain the OP - this is my stance.

I'm still at a loss after lookin' this phrase up...

crabs-in-a-barrel
A syndrome where a group of like situated people hurt those in their community attempting to get ahead.

Often this is applied to people in an impoverished community where one person is starting to get ahead. The collective community becomes jealous or filled with a sense of self-loathing, so they find a way to pull that person back down to the community's level.
When harvesting crab, the crab as a group will pull down any crab that starts to climb out of the barrel in an attempt to be the first out of the barrel that holds them in, hence crabs-in-a-barrel.

This term is broadly associated with short-sighted, non-constructive thinking rather than a unified, long-term, constructive mentality. It is also often used colloquially in reference to individuals or communities attempting to improve their socioeconomic situations, but kept from doing so by others attempting to ride upon their coat-tails or those who simply resent their success.[4]

I don't see this at all Kev, all I saw ( in both scenarios ) was stupidity. The shooting into the house and the luring of the people with easy cash were not people tryin' to get out of anything, ahead of anybody or because of anybody else s success.