• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

If Devin Bush starts over Spillane......

Anyone who knows anything about football should be able to understand what many of us have said about Mike Tomlin for years. Does Robert Spillane have pass issues. 100% but so does Bush. In fact if he has to move laterally against a flat route he isn't any better. He is definitely better up the seams. But that is it. But again anyone who knows anything about football knows you better lock down the run before you ever worry about the pass. And Robert Spillane is 1000 times better at controlling the strong A gap then Bush. As Hoge said. If you get your hands on Devin Bush it's over.
Bush has football issues, as in he doesn't even want to be out there playing football! Its painful to watch and the mere fact that Tomlin has left him out there tells me Tomlin is a terrible coach. I don't care if he is the love child between a god and the rooneys! keeping anyone on the field (much less starting) that dogs on plays constantly is the reflection of either nepotism or blind coaching. Either one is inexcusable!

Bush has football issues, as in he doesn't even want to be out there playing football! Its painful to watch and the mere fact that Tomlin has left him out there tells me Tomlin is a terrible coach. I don't care if he is the love child between a god and the rooneys! keeping anyone on the field (much less starting) that dogs on plays constantly is the reflection of either nepotism or blind coaching. Either one is inexcusable!
If I was gonna play amateur psychologist I'd say was under prepared for the season from a training standpoint and he is left gun shy from the injury. Which is why I wouldn't cut him now. He comes to camp and we see. Too much invested if he isn't a malcontent. I agree with everything about Tomlin.

The most troubling part of Bush is what Tomlin is doing to / with him. He should be sat and I don't care who is or how far down the depth chart we are. Our "next up" has to be better than the current Bush.

Agree with sask, don't cut him and see what he brings to training cap. Also wait to the very last 15 seconds if his 5th year option is going to be picked up.

Salute the nation

Would never pick up the guys 5th year option. He will always be too small for the position and his speed, his on asset will decline as he ages and after the injury it is already in decline. He was never good in coverage pre injury so why give a bum a huge raise ?

He is coming on a little in coverage. I realize he is nowhere near what anyone desires. But that is baby steps in coverage. A positive. Obviously his getting shoved around in regards to the run needs to improve. But who knows how much better he looks with a better D-line. I know some dismiss it but that does factor in. I wait and see what he does in the off-season.