• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

If Hillary does not get a convention bounce

It looks like Clinton got her small bounce and is in the lead in most polls. Trump needs to get busy and fire back with his own commercials. Hillary has some much bad decisions and flip/flops he'll have a field day.

It looks like Clinton got her small bounce and is in the lead in most polls. Trump needs to get busy and fire back with his own commercials. Hillary has some much bad decisions and flip/flops he'll have a field day.

Not if he keeps being petty and petulant. He just can't help himself. All he had to do in response to the Khan family was say I respectfully disagree with what you said about me and I'm sorry for your loss and then describe what he would do to make amends. Instead he doubles down. Instead party leaders are having to do it for him, and while they know they probably can't outright pull their support it's making it hard for them to save face where they are and in their positions.

"Arizona is watching. It is time for Donald Trump to set the example for our country and the future of the Republican Party," the Arizona senator and 2008 GOP presidential nominee said in a statement. "While our party has bestowed upon him the nomination, it is not accompanied by unfettered license to defame those who are the best among us." - John McCain

"All Americans should value the patriotic service of the patriots who volunteer to selflessly defend us in the armed services. And as I have long made clear, I agree with the Khans and families across the country that a travel ban on all members of a religion is simply contrary to American values."

“My advice to our nominee would be to start talking about the issues that the American people care about, and to start doing it now,” McConnell said. “In addition to that, it’s time to quit attacking various people that you competed with, or various minority groups in the country, and get on message.” - Mitch McConnell

"America's greatness is built on the principles of liberty and preserved by the men and women who wear the uniform to defend it. As I have said on numerous occasions, a religious test for entering our country is not reflective of these fundamental values. I reject it.

"Many Muslim Americans have served valiantly in our military and made the ultimate sacrifice," he continued. "Capt. Khan was one such brave example. His sacrifice — and that of Khizr and Ghazala Khan — should always be honored. Period." - Paul Ryan

Trump's convention speech draws 2 million more than Hillary

With figures in from NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox News Channel and MSNBC, the ex-Secretary of State’s historic acceptance speech as the first woman to be the Presidential nominee for a major American political party drew 27.8 million viewers. That 10 PM – 11:40 PM ET coverage is down 2.4 million from what Trump and the RNC got on the same outlets on July 21 from 10 – 11:45 PM ET.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/donald-trump-speech-ratings-beat-hillary-clinton-rnc-dnc-1201795035/

People love a good laugh?

I have a feeling Hillary is going to destroy Trump. Trump is too arrogant to keep his mouth shut when he has a good thing going. Clinton is a far far better debater than Trump and will smash him in the debates (at least to educated people.) Now do not get me wrong I am sure the debates will be very entertaining, but Trumps seems incapable of debating anything on an intelligent level. The only way I see Trump beating Hillary in the debates is if he can get under her skin and bring her down to his level. I do not see that happening though as Hillary is too politically smart to do that. I can not imagine what it is like to be working in the Trump campaign when he goes off on his tangents......I would vote for anyone over Hillary, but have to be realistic unfortunately.

I have a feeling Hillary is going to destroy Trump. Trump is too arrogant to keep his mouth shut when he has a good thing going. Clinton is a far far better debater than Trump and will smash him in the debates (at least to educated people.) Now do not get me wrong I am sure the debates will be very entertaining, but Trumps seems incapable of debating anything on an intelligent level. The only way I see Trump beating Hillary in the debates is if he can get under her skin and bring her down to his level. I do not see that happening though as Hillary is too politically smart to do that. I can not imagine what it is like to be working in the Trump campaign when he goes off on his tangents......I would vote for anyone over Hillary, but have to be realistic unfortunately.

I can really relate to this but from the opposite side. This election is such a fork in the road politically for this country. Even if Hillary wins you better believe if she doesn't deliver on all the **** she over promised that that group of riled up Bernie Sanders supporters is waiting to pounce next election or after. If they GOP had their **** together and had not lost control of their message and the direction of their party they could have easily won this election with Hillary on the other ticket. Easily. The Republicans need to really take a look in the mirror and be honest about what their party has become. If they hadn't doubled down and embraced all this bullshit in the midterm elections then this could have been avoided. They figured **** it. Any means necessary. This is what that gets you. This is a great article. You should check it out and demand better from the Republican party than this.

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12256510/republican-party-trump-avik-roy

If Hillary can get away with saying these things on an American "news network", then I think she has a very good chance of getting elected -

I did not e-mail any classified material to anyone on my e-mail. There is no classified materials.

I am confident that I never sent nor received any information that was classified at the time.

I had not sent classified material nor received anything marked classified.

I take classification seriously. I relied on and had every reason to rely on the judgments of the professionals with whom I worked. And so, in retrospect, maybe some people are saying, well, among those 300 people, they made the wrong call.

You take classification seriously? You ran top secret communications through a private server in your closet. You were the ******* Sec of State!

Holy ****.

The Republicans need to really take a look in the mirror and be honest about what their party has become.

Lol. From someone voting for Hillary. ...

I will take Hypocrisy or Irony for $1,000, Alex.

I saw an article about trump the other day where he got stuck in an elevator going to one of his speeches. He was rescued by the fire department. Now instead of thanking them and what not he goes on to bash fire marshals in his speech for not letting more people in. There is an occupancy rating for a reason. If there was some kinda terrible emergency and the place was over capacity the fire marshal would be hung out to dry. Now some fire marshals are real pricks, but overcrowding an area is not a good idea.

The whole republican convention was basically bashing hillary, but when the dems started talking about Trump he throws a hissy fit. The question is, Is that the real Trump? or is it simply a show for the media.

He makes absolute statements then later that day or the next day back tracks or says he was misunderstood. His lack of foreign policy knowledge is exaggerated by the comments he makes. He would be better off saying something like "one of my first priorities is wiping out ISIS. After talking to some military commanders I think we should do XYZ.." But he says "my first day we are going to wipe out ISIS and wipe them out fast! believe me!" First of all ISIS fighters are scattered throughout the world. There is no defeating them fast in any scenario. Second ISIS is an idea or part of a religion. Defeating that is near impossible. It just makes it very hard to believe much of what he says when he makes such outrageous statements. It is refreshing not to have a true politician, but if trump expects to have any chance whatsoever he needs to have some concrete ideas and stick with them. The way he is going he is going to piss off every imaginable race / religion / sex. If his family really has an influence its time for them to pull in the reins.

Lol. From someone voting for Hillary. ...

I will take Hypocrisy or Irony for $1,000, Alex.

Don't nominate candidates like Trump and I wouldn't be put in this position. I'm having a hard time with the idea of even voting third party because that's how much I don't want that ******* in the White House and this is coming from someone who has no love lost for the Clintons.

Some ******** fire marshall in Ohio locked out the crowd when there was plenty of room. Get used to a man reacting like a man is supposed to react. We should probably set up "butthurt zones" for all you *******.

She got a big bounce and is ahead of Trump in most polls again beyond the margin of error. Trump ****** up bad with the Kahn ordeal and may not recover from it.

Don't nominate candidates like Trump and I wouldn't be put in this position. I'm having a hard time with the idea of even voting third party because that's how much I don't want that ******* in the White House and this is coming from someone who has no love lost for the Clintons.

I didn't nominate anyone. Some are open primaries where Dems can vote for the GOP person. You keep saying you have no love lost for Clinton. it's not just that you don't criticize her (we do enough of that), but when people do, you seem to feel the need to step in to show how much Trump is worse. He's no better or worse. If you face that fact, it makes it an easier decision for you. I will say it again. Hillary is not a better option than Trump.

I'm voting third party even if that means that ***** gets in. If trump is so bad, why do you think you voting third party is what makes him win?

uh-oh

Polls show Gary Johnson taking more support from Clinton, not Trump

The Libertarian Party is the only third party which will (probably) be on all the ballot in all 50 states. A Libertarian Party spokesperson confirmed to me they expect to be on the ballot in every state, plus Washington DC. The Green Party is on the ballot in only 23 states (plus DC), and may or may not make the other states. A spokesperson said they’re shooting for more states than in 2012, when they were on the ballot in 37 states. The Constitution Party is on the ballot in 18 or so states and working on more. Ballot access is a major factor in giving the Libertarian Party the edge over all other third parties.

There’s also the fact the Libertarian ticket of Gary Johnson and Bill Weld is actually taking more votes away from Clinton, than Trump. Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight.com found

The majority of pollsters (12) have Clinton’s margin over Trump shrinking when at least one third-party candidate is included.

But what about the fourth party? What about the Green Party? Where’s CNN’s big, prime time town hall event for the Greenies?

Nothing on the schedule. Is it any surprise? The Green Party is to the Democrats what the Libertarian Party is to the Republicans.

If presidential candidate Jill Stein draws any votes (and at the moment they attract 3.5% of the vote which is enough to change things in certain critical states this November) she’ll be drawing them from voters who generally identify with the Dems.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/08/0...ton-not-trump/

She got a big bounce and is ahead of Trump in most polls again beyond the margin of error. Trump ****** up bad with the Kahn ordeal and may not recover from it.

Was not a good week, but it's not the end all. There will be another story soon (maybe it's the $400 million for hostage trade) that will take hold. I think Trump could do a lot with that story and regain some momentum.

I still think the thing to watch is what happens with the fiscal report on Obamacare, scheduled to be released November 1st. That will likely be the last news of significance heading into election night that can be used in commercials.

If Obamacare premiums really go up 35%+; ff major insurance carriers are dropping out of the program (which we all suspect is happening), the the whole house of cards on "Universal Healthcare" could come collapsing down on the Clinton/Obama platform.

I think the election is close and could likely come down to who's tide is coming in on election day the most.

I didn't nominate anyone. Some are open primaries where Dems can vote for the GOP person. You keep saying you have no love lost for Clinton. it's not just that you don't criticize her (we do enough of that), but when people do, you seem to feel the need to step in to show how much Trump is worse. He's no better or worse. If you face that fact, it makes it an easier decision for you. I will say it again. Hillary is not a better option than Trump.

I'm voting third party even if that means that ***** gets in. If trump is so bad, why do you think you voting third party is what makes him win?

Because the third party candidates are more likely to take votes from Hillary and not Trump in this election. If I thought I could stomach the idea on a Trump presidency I would vote third party no question and be done with it. But I can't. I've made myself very clear why I think he is a worse candidate than he despite the many reasons I think she is a bad candidate as well. I get people are pissed off at the establishment but this isn't the way to do it. It's dangerous.

Because the third party candidates are more likely to take votes from Hillary and not Trump in this election. If I thought I could stomach the idea on a Trump presidency I would vote third party no question and be done with it. But I can't. I've made myself very clear why I think he is a worse candidate than he despite the many reasons I think she is a bad candidate as well. I get people are pissed off at the establishment but this isn't the way to do it. It's dangerous.

I don't think Trump is a good candidate for reasons I have stated before numerous times. However The Hildebeast is the most corrupt and evil politician this country has produced in the last hundred years. I can only guess that you are a Yellow Dog Democrat. Thats the only reason I can think of for anyone that is going to vote for her.

Kahn is a political hack for the Clinton campaign and as soon as another Muslim terorist attack happens this story will be done and Trump will again jump.in the polls. HILDABEAST will not be the next president

Tib's sweetie is such a peach. The only bounce she needs is right into a jail cell. Lies cheats and is vulgar to boot.

The real Hillary.... Her actual words:

1) "Where is the God damn flag? I want the God damn ******* flag up every morning at ******* sunrise". Hillary to staff at the Arkansas Governor's mansion on Labor Day 1991. From the book "Inside the White House" by Ronald Kessler, p. 244

(2) "**** off! It's enough I have to see you ****-kickers every day! I'm not going to talk to you, too! Just do your Goddamn job and keep your mouth shut." Hillary to her State Trooper bodyguards after one of them greeted her with "Good Morning." From the book "America Evita" by Christopher Anderson, p.90

(3) "If you want to remain on this detail, get your ******* *** over here and grab those bags!" Hillary to a Secret Service Agent who was reluctant to carry her luggage because he wanted to keep his hands free in case of an incident. From the book "The First Partner" p. 25

(4) "Stay the **** back, stay the **** back away from me! Don't come within ten yards of me, or else! Just ******* do as I say, Okay!!?" Hillary screaming at her Secret Service detail. From the book "Unlimited Access" by Clinton 's FBI Agent-in-Charge, Gary Aldridge, p.139

(5) "Where's the miserable **** sucker?" (otherwise known as "Bill Clinton") Hillary shouting at a Secret Service officer. From the book "The Truth about Hillary" by Edward Klein, p. 5

(6) "You ******* idiot" Hillary to a State Trooper who was driving her to an event. From the book "Crossfire" ~pg. 84

(7) "Put this on the ground! I left my sunglasses in the limo. I need those ******* sunglasses! We need to go back!†Hillary to Marine One helicopter pilot to turn back while in route to Air Force One. From the book " Dereliction of Duty" p. 71-72

(8) "Come on Bill, put your dick up! You can't **** her here!!" Hillary to Gov. Bill Clinton when she spots him talking with an attractive female. From the book "Inside the White House" by Ronald Kessler, p. 243

There it is ........book, chapter and page.......the real Hillary Rotten Clinton!

Additionally, when she walked around the White House, NO ONE was permitted to look her in the eye, they all had to lower their heads with their eyes towards the ground whenever she walked by. Clearly she is a class act!

This ill-tempered, violent, loud-mouth, hateful and abusive woman wants to be your next President, and have total control as Commander-in-Chief of our Military, the very Military for which she has shown incredible disdain throughout her public life .

Remember her most vile comment about Benghazi: "What difference at this point does it make?"

Now it will be clear why the crew of "Marine One" helicopter nick-named the craft, "Broomstick ONE " - courtesy of Christina Plantz

A guy that delivers to my work had some interesting info. His brother / sister in law were in pretty tight with the Clinton's. His brother has written lines for Bills speeches, his sister worked for Alcore or ancore or something like that, and they went to the presidents ball after Clinton was sworn in. Anyways the sister in law helped take care of the troops over seas. After Benghazi she changed her tune on hillary. She said she is no good and would never vote for her.
I do not think this guy is full of BS I have fact checked stories he told me before and everything was concrete plus I can usually spot a BSer and he is not the type.

MaxP and Jitter,

Those are great stories but they don't matter to the DNC voters. As long as she promises to give away free **** paid for by OPM and put those evil white males in their place she has their support.

I disagree, I think the GOP will lose a lot more votes to the Libertarians than the Democrats will lose to the Libertarians and Greens.

I disagree, I think the GOP will lose a lot more votes to the Libertarians than the Democrats will lose to the Libertarians and Greens.

yep. And that's a good thing for the GOP. It will help them regroup for 2020 around a stable, competent candidate.

yep. And that's a good thing for the GOP. It will help them regroup for 2020 around a stable, competent candidate.

I don't want someone who is stable and competent, I want someone who will build a wall and drop nukes on Mecca.