• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ILB good news........

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Every position group should have a star or high end starter. A solid starter a vet backup and a developmental/ upside guy. In positions like QB or TE where you only keep 3 the middle two are lumped together… Robinson is definitely the upside guy. I expect him starting by next year if not seasons end…

We are absolutely not bad off at ilb… i think it could be improved but its probably bett Than it has been in a while

Every position group should have a star or high end starter. A solid starter a vet backup and a developmental/ upside guy. In positions like QB or TE where you only keep 3 the middle two are lumped together… Robinson is definitely the upside guy. I expect him starting by next year if not seasons end…

We are absolutely not bad off at ilb… i think it could be improved but its probably bett Than it has been in a while

I’m more intent that Robinson should get the extra snaps in training camp and hoping he cashes it into a day one starter, this year. Just me and hopeful thinking along the way. I like the kid and the underdog layment.

Salute the nation

There wouldn't have been a pick six if Robinson hadn't stolen Pickett's truck to get the playbook.
I just feel bad for Canada who will now have to design two new plays.

I like the additions at ILB this offseason and Robinson has flashed some talent

hopefully this group will stuff the run and do well enough in coverage that this is no longer a weakness for the defense

If that ILB play could shore up just a little bit, this defense will start “cracking” heads. If that middle field can get just a little more time in coverage, CAM and company will get the flush or the sack.

Salute the nation

Hopefully with having Elandon Roberts and Mark Robinson we see more ILB blitzes, we haven't really utilized those in awhile. Vince was a monster at it, I think that's the last time we really used the ILBs on blitzes

All my Ilb worries are specifically about coverage… holcomb is average in coverage… Roberts is strictly a run stopper… i mean a hell of a run stopper, but still…

Right now my guess is Tanner Muse is kept for pure passing situations… but it would be fantastic if Robinson develops into an all around ilb…

I just feel bad for Canada who will now have to design two new plays.

Not to worry. Canada's been honing his craft by doing some heavy football-related reading this spring:

I get a young Timmons-vibe from Robinson. Not bad for a 7th rounder.

All my Ilb worries are specifically about coverage… holcomb is average in coverage… Roberts is strictly a run stopper… i mean a hell of a run stopper, but still…

Right now my guess is Tanner Muse is kept for pure passing situations… but it would be fantastic if Robinson develops into an all around ilb…
he does have 10 passes defended and an INT

Bush had 13 pds and 2 ints in fewer seasons… blind squirrel/ nut proverb and all that…
not sure how often Roberts was asked to drop into coverage....

i saw on another site that he dropped back 288 times (52nd) and was targeted 21 times (52nd).....

not sure how often Roberts was asked to drop into coverage....

i saw on another site that he dropped back 288 times (52nd) and was targeted 21 times (52nd).....

good find Coolie

Salute the nation