• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I'm getting a feeling about this game

Dude, it all comes from one location. When you pay, you get a receipt and written on that receipt is a contract of no re-sale. Should you break that contract you risk yourself being broken but also a guaranteed no additional sales to you.

Salute the nation
We’re going to have to take out JMM now. I’m afraid he knows too much

The only feeling I'm getting is that I should bet my car on KC in the first half (-6.5) and/or first quarter (-2.5). But I will ignore this feeling because I like the Steelers.

I think JuJu will give the team a boost even if its just a mental one. Hopefully he is fully ready to go. We did a great job on hill last game, but everyone else burned us. This time we have a healthy TJ and they have Kelce. KC is almost unbeatable when Mahomes stays patient and sticks to the plan with short passes. However he likes to chuck it downfield which should benefit us by giving the pass rush more time. I honestly dont think we are good enough to beat KC straight up, but KC could feel some pressure. If they struggle and we get turnovers anything can happen.

I'm not sure who we put on Kelce but someone has to mirror him. Maybe it's Allen who has the speed and length to possibly stay with him. None of our regular LB's can cover him and none of our S or CB's are big enough. Edmunds definitely isn't the guy to try. Hill has been hobbled by his heel in recent weeks. Hopefully, he aggravates it and is not a factor in this game. We can't double team both he and Kelce. Our only chance is to get pressure with 4 men rushing. Rush 3 and we are dead. Mahomes will have tons of time and pick us apart.

I'm just not seeing how the Steelers can lose this game.

Like I said elsewhere, never underestimate the potential for Andy Reid to do Andy Reid-like things. Which are similar to Shades doing Shades-like things.
He has Mahomes, so why not pass all day against the league's worst run defense and all-time (tied) single-season sack leader? Of course.
He might go for 2 because the book calls for it, fail, and lose the game by 1.
I can see one or both of those things happening.
Essentially Shades is coaching against himself and it'll be a matter of which HC ***** up the least.

The weather should be fine in KC tomorrow night.

The biggest thing the Steelers have going for them compared to last game is Watt being completely healthy.

The Steelers are going to need to keep the Chiefs offense in the low 20s in points to have a chance, as I do not see the Steelers scoring 30+ points against the Chiefs defense.
The biggest thing will be running the ball and controlling the clock. I read an article that said the Chiefs have the second worst run defense behind the Steelers...this is incorrect.

Still, the Chiefs have the 12th worst run defense while the Browns have the 21st worst run defense and Najee put 188 on them..that is a bright spot, but you have to take it with a grain of salt as you have to question the Brown's heart as they were out of the playoffs at that point. Najee put 93 on 19 carries on the Chiefs last time they met as well.

I still believe a heavy dose of Harris is the key now that Green is out of the lineup and the line seems to be playing better. Keep Mahomes on the bench as long as possible.

The only feeling I'm getting is that I should bet my car on KC in the first half (-6.5) and/or first quarter (-2.5). But I will ignore this feeling because I like the Steelers.
topseed...

do you have another vehicle?

The biggest thing will be running the ball and controlling the clock. I read an article that said the Chiefs have the second worst run defense behind the Steelers...this is incorrect.

Still, the Chiefs have the 12th worst run defense while the Browns have the 21st worst run defense and Najee put 188 on them..that is a bright spot, but you have to take it with a grain of salt as you have to question the Brown's heart as they were out of the playoffs at that point. Najee put 93 on 19 carries on the Chiefs last time they met as well.

I still believe a heavy dose of Harris is the key now that Green is out of the lineup and the line seems to be playing better. Keep Mahomes on the bench as long as possible.
This is a great idea in theory, it’s just this OL isn’t built to run the ball and has trouble even against the wise rush defenses in the league. At this point they’ll need to commit and hope for at least 3 YPC to avoid long second and third downs.

You can't rely on the "stats". The Chiefs D has been much better the last quarter or so of the season when they need to be peaking.

We do need to run the ball effectively BUT the Chiefs weakness is throwing over the top of their man coverage. We need to get Claypool and others involved and Ben needs to be on target or draw the PI's.

You can't rely on the "stats". The Chiefs D has been much better the last quarter or so of the season when they need to be peaking.
I think they've giving up 100+ last two or three games. They also have Bolton back which he is their big run stopper, but he's a rook so maybe he'll make mistakes.

I feel you about Ben needing to draw PI, but if we don't establish and feature the run early I have a feeling 7 is going to be picking himself off the turf, ball in hand a whole bunch. You need to slow the pass rush down.

This is a great idea in theory, it’s just this OL isn’t built to run the ball and has trouble even against the wise rush defenses in the league. At this point they’ll need to commit and hope for at least 3 YPC to avoid long second and third downs.
North South...North South..they've played the run better with Green out. I just think you have to establish the run as our WRs outside of Dionte have a hard time separating...maybe JU JU can save the day, we'll see.

1sk.gif

This the nfl. Not college. Talent gap is a non factor. So to say KC is an automatic lock to win this game is downright stupid. That said, I don’t see the Steelers winning. It’s just too much of a culmination of hostile environment, KC will want to prove their hype.

Here’s the catch. Depending on how much chippy Watt and Heyward can play, those two can impact enough to give the Steelers a chance.
Only if they could’ve sustained their play

Just about the time they got depth with Ingram? lol.