• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Indoctrination

Stewey

Reaction score
I have a different attitude toward our liberal youth. I now have less disgust and more pity after watching this.
It's not all their fault. Their demoralization ...being told that there is nothing to their existence but corruption.
Got me a little choked up at the end.

Last edited:
I have a different attitude toward our liberal youth. I now have less disgust and more pity after watching this.
It's not all their fault. Their demoralization ...being told that there is nothing to their existence but corruption.
Got me a little choked up at the end.

This is my sentiment.
From my neutral perspective. Both sides of the spectrum are misunderstood/misrepresented as well.

It’s the politicians who stir up angst and tension between the two sides

This is my sentiment.
From my neutral perspective. Both sides of the spectrum are misunderstood/misrepresented as well.

It’s the politicians who stir up angst and tension between the two sides
Just a distraction....Both sides getting rich playing off the emotions from those who don't know they are being played.

Reactions: MTC
Just a distraction....Both sides getting rich playing off the emotions from those who don't know they are being played.

Agreed. It’s sad to see Americans attacking each other. The thing is I don’t see these differences dividing people in person. I only see it in the news.

Reactions: wig
Agreed. It’s sad to see Americans attacking each other. The thing is I don’t see these differences dividing people in person. I only see it in the news.
That's good but its happening. Take a walk around your local college campus. You'll see kids being indoctrinated like it's going out of style. Pay close attention to who they have slated to speak at their graduation.

I think I've shared that my daughter is gay.
Thus, her dating pool is generally pretty liberally minded. But, Alli, having grown up in a reasonably "middle of the aisle" family actually has quite a few conservative views.

One of her relationship's ends was hastened because Alli had the audacity to say she believed that abortion is fundamentally wrong in almost all cases.

Turns out, ironically that lots of gay (and bi) women don't feel that way at all!

I think I've shared that my daughter is gay.
Thus, her dating pool is generally pretty liberally minded. But, Alli, having grown up in a reasonably "middle of the aisle" family actually has quite a few conservative views.

One of her relationship's ends was hastened because Alli had the audacity to say she believed that abortion is fundamentally wrong in almost all cases.

Turns out, ironically that lots of gay (and bi) women don't feel that way at all!
Even liberals are going to have conservative views once their close friends and family have to deal with bs.

I have a liberal mindset in regards to practice whatever you want. Just don’t harm others or impose those beliefs on others.

When it comes to family, paying taxes etc. I want politicians who are going to put America first. We shouldn’t have homelessness the way we do, kids going to bed hungry, kids not getting a proper education, poor infrastructure etc. Idealistically that makes me a conservative because I want that instead of a marketed social issue.

I think social awareness is good. The way it’s presented though isn’t.

obviously Flog's kid

Social media has killed minds. No intelligence

Allan Bloom wrote "Closing of the American Mind," a very prescient book. He wrote that relativism, the idea that there is no actual "good" or "evil," and the prevalent argument in college that America was no better than other nations, that America had as many defects and historical atrocities as any other nation, was destroying young students.

He also wrote that the easy access to information - not knowledge but merely data - undercuts genuine learning. He pointed out that it took Socrates a lifetime to learn he knew "nothing," but now every 18-year old claims to have that knowledge. They don't. They simply know the phrase, but have no actual knowledge of what it means.

His analysis is pretty amazing, since he offered his views in 1987, before the advent of the personal computer and social media. Those devices have worsened the problem, making it easy to obtain data and much less likely for students to learn why the data matter or how to challenge a popular precept. The ability to reason and challenge ideas is a fundamental precept to education and it is disappearing, replaced by popular consensus.

Allan Bloom wrote "Closing of the American Mind," a very prescient book. He wrote that relativism, the idea that there is no actual "good" or "evil," and the prevalent argument in college that America was no better than other nations, that America had as many defects and historical atrocities as any other nation, was destroying young students.

He also wrote that the easy access to information - not knowledge but merely data - undercuts genuine learning. He pointed out that it took Socrates a lifetime to learn he knew "nothing," but now every 18-year old claims to have that knowledge. They don't. They simply know the phrase, but have no actual knowledge of what it means.

His analysis is pretty amazing, since he offered his views in 1987, before the advent of the personal computer and social media. Those devices have worsened the problem, making it easy to obtain data and much less likely for students to learn why the data matter or how to challenge a popular precept. The ability to reason and challenge ideas is a fundamental precept to education and it is disappearing, replaced by popular consensus.
It’s not hard to be a decent person.

Society has created these stereotypical labels which fit the bill for few but the majority have to deal with the consequences. Social media has made these stereotypes more common than they actually are.

There is just a big distrust amongst each other now. Liberal, conservative, man, woman, black, white. Nobody gets along anymore

It’s not hard to be a decent person. Society has created these stereotypical labels which fit the bill for few but the majority have to deal with the consequences.

Ahh, Hobbes v. Rousseau. You think people tend to be decent and generous; I believe people are inherently selfish and destructive. In nature, murder and eating your young is the norm. We are part natural beings. The only thing that differentiates us are the rules imposed to control behavior by religion, society, families.

Ahh, Hobbes v. Rousseau. You think people tend to be decent and generous; I believe people are inherently selfish and destructive. In nature, murder and eating your young is the norm. We are part natural beings. The only thing that differentiates us are the rules imposed to control behavior by religion, society, families.
People do have the ability to be good or bad. There’s nothing much to it.

it just depends on which side has the most influence within said structure. If that’s the case, then we cannot be shocked why some places have it easier than others

The communists in charge of those schools invite communist speakers.

They all need to spend a week in North Korea. This is real oppression and the worst place on the planet.

China isn't far off from them. They hide their **** better nowadays, but they couldn't hide their Cultural Revolution. How anyone could not hate communism is beyond me.

They all need to spend a week in North Korea. This is real oppression and the worst place on the planet.

China isn't far off from them. They hide their **** better nowadays, but they couldn't hide their Cultural Revolution. How anyone could not hate communism is beyond me.

Guilty Blood. It flows through all the whyteies. Off to the gulag.

North korea is a famine country.
I eat better on a $5 budget in inflated US of A than most people in North Korea eat in a month

Edit: a bunch of these people who speak on these social issues are pampered people. They’ve never experienced hardships and what it means to be poor. Those of us who’ve went through life labeled white tr***, sp*c, J*p, etc.

Living paycheck to paycheck, seeing family abuse drugs to cope, resort to gang activity to fee accepted etc. All these issues are social issues that are uncomfortable for many to talk about

North korea is a famine country.
I eat better on a $5 budget in inflated US of A than most people in North Korea eat in a month

Edit: a bunch of these people who speak on these social issues are pampered people. They’ve never experienced hardships and what it means to be poor. Those of us who’ve went through life labeled white tr***, sp*c, J*p, etc.

Living paycheck to paycheck, seeing family abuse drugs to cope, resort to gang activity to fee accepted etc. All these issues are social issues that are uncomfortable for many to talk about

Like I said go live in a communist country and experience real hardship and oppression. That government is so ****** up, you would think it's fiction. I genuinely feel for the people in the work camps. There's nothing more I'd like to see than those citizens rise up and slaughter every single last one who are in power and rejoin South Korea.

The same goes for China and it really bothers me we are so deeply involved with them in buisness.

The amounts of citizens tortured,starved,murdered
and enslaved by North Korea,The Soviet Union, Cambodia, Vietnam and China would make what the nazi's did pale by comparison.

And here it is being pushed in our schools like it was some ******* noble idea that hasn't been done right yet.

I got news for them all of those intellectuals get shot in the head first.

Last edited: