• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Indoctrination

Even liberals are going to have conservative views once their close friends and family have to deal with bs.

I have a liberal mindset in regards to practice whatever you want. Just don’t harm others or impose those beliefs on others.

When it comes to family, paying taxes etc. I want politicians who are going to put America first. We shouldn’t have homelessness the way we do, kids going to bed hungry, kids not getting a proper education, poor infrastructure etc. Idealistically that makes me a conservative because I want that instead of a marketed social issue.

I think social awareness is good. The way it’s presented though isn’t.
As in "social Justice" I presume.
I hate that phrase because there's no such thing. There is either justice or injustice.

Social justices says that if a rich man and a poor man were litigants against each other in court, you must favor the poor man because he's poor.

Like I said go live in a communist country and experience real hardship and oppression. That government is so ****** up, you would think it's fiction. I genuinely feel for the people in the work camps. There's nothing more I'd like to see than those citizens rise up and slaughter every single last one who are in power and rejoin South Korea.

The same goes for China and it really bothers me we are so deeply involved with them in buisness.

The amounts of citizens tortured,starved,murdered
and enslaved by North Korea,The Soviet Union, Cambodia, Vietnam and China would make what the nazi's did pale by comparison.

And here it is being pushed in our schools like it was some ******* noble idea that hasn't been done right yet.

I got news for them all of those intellectuals get shot in the head first.
Walking through a Dollar General store a few weeks ago I saw a young guy wearing a red hammer and sickle Tshirt. I should have asked if he appreciated a communist regime but I was with my wife and her sister... I still should have said something.

Walking through a Dollar General store a few weeks ago I saw a young guy wearing a red hammer and sickle Tshirt. I should have asked if he appreciated a communist regime but I was with my wife and her sister... I still should have said something.
That I won’t agree with

As in "social Justice" I presume.
I hate that phrase because there's no such thing. There is either justice or injustice.

Social justices says that if a rich man and a poor man were litigants against each other in court, you must favor the poor man because he's poor.
When I say social justice. I mean that in a society actually understanding. These terms are thrown around so loosely these days.

A lot of us have been through a lot if we weren’t born with a silver spoon in our mouth

When I say social justice. I mean that in a society actually understanding. These terms are thrown around so loosely these days.

A lot of us have been through a lot if we weren’t born with a silver spoon in our mouth

Here is an absolutely awesome explanation of social justice by the brilliant Dennis Prager.

Allan Bloom wrote "Closing of the American Mind," a very prescient book. He wrote that relativism, the idea that there is no actual "good" or "evil," and the prevalent argument in college that America was no better than other nations, that America had as many defects and historical atrocities as any other nation, was destroying young students.

He also wrote that the easy access to information - not knowledge but merely data - undercuts genuine learning. He pointed out that it took Socrates a lifetime to learn he knew "nothing," but now every 18-year old claims to have that knowledge. They don't. They simply know the phrase, but have no actual knowledge of what it means.

His analysis is pretty amazing, since he offered his views in 1987, before the advent of the personal computer and social media. Those devices have worsened the problem, making it easy to obtain data and much less likely for students to learn why the data matter or how to challenge a popular precept. The ability to reason and challenge ideas is a fundamental precept to education and it is disappearing, replaced by popular consensus.
Ian Malcolm.
"You stood on the backs of genius and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourself, you just looked at someone else's work and copied it."

Paraphrased...

If you don't teach history you're doomed to repeat it.

A little history teaching goes a long way in destroying horrible ideologies.