• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Interactive Map of Earth's History

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
I put this in the Politics section because this shows the ice age and how the earth's land mass has developed over HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of years. Fossil Fuels and cows farting aren't melting jack ****. At the very top, set the drop down to 750 million years and then use the <-- and --> arrow of your keyboard to quickly go through the Earth's history.

Jacobs: Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.”

Biggest worry we have is getting smashed with an asteroid again.

A lot of stuff comes whizzing by often.

The world should be united into sinking money into a planetary asteroid defense system.

@Tim Steelersfan and @Hines57 in this model, there's no drop down selection for "First Ogre"

are we to believe that this is in fact scientifically correct or are we to hereby neuter, torture, "mostly peacefully" set ablaze and dismember the Ogre currently landside?

My belief falls somewhere in the middle of things.
1. Are we the cause of all the things going on? No, not as long as all the volcanic action is spewing gasses into the atmosphere.
2. Are we completely blameless? No, we are not. Between deforestation of LARGE parts of the landmass, and paving over millions of acres of ground, we have to be contributing to some point.

I read a scientific paper years ago that studied the results of temps in areas with a high percentage of concrete and asphalt. It showed that the solar gain that was collected in these masses and temps during night time periods. It showed that in areas without the thermal mass coverage, just a couple miles away, that temps tended to be somewhat cooler during the observation period. Now extrapolate that to situations worldwide, does it make things worse? I have to think it does, but is it the 100% cause, I don’t think so.

This is a political “boogeyman” being created to siphon off tax dollars to corrupt politicians and their huge money donors. There is no serious intent to solve any “crisis”.

@Tim Steelersfan and @Hines57 in this model, there's no drop down selection for "First Ogre"

are we to believe that this is in fact scientifically correct or are we to hereby neuter, torture, "mostly peacefully" set ablaze and dismember the Ogre currently landside?
Obbeeeeeeously there is no mention of a fissure from the erf's crust bringing a green, vile, BFA.

Biggest worry we have is getting smashed with an asteroid again.

A lot of stuff comes whizzing by often.

The world should be united into sinking money into a planetary asteroid defense system.

And then we’d be wiped out by a rogue solar flare… time to just start trying to populate other worlds to ensure the viability of the species

And then we’d be wiped out by a rogue solar flare… time to just start trying to populate other worlds to ensure the viability of the species

Unfortunately everything in our solar system is highly toxic.

We either figure out a way to travel far or a way to drag a dead planet into a hospitable zone with enough gravity to create an atmosphere that will hold.

At least we have guys like Elon Musk pushing forward. We should advance a lot in space travel over the next 50 years alone. If we don't blow each other up or some commie government unleashes a virus that kills everyone this time.

Reactions: JMM
It's truly amazing to watch this video and see just how correct he was.
The woke crowd would roast him these days. You could hear a few folks get triggered and object even then and that was in the mid-late 90s if I remember correctly.

The Earth plus plastic...That's why we're here... Genius! Thanks for posting that @Ironcitysteelers.

For this "earth evolution" model to exist without acknowledging the existence of The Ogre is to make the entire project suspect, dare I say meaningless.

Consider mankind's maladies....

Climate change
Taylor Swift
Islamic terrorism
Democrats
World Wars
Will Smith
Famine
Whoopi Goldberg Karyn Smith
Disease
Epidemics

All....ALL pale when considering The Ogre. The mere mention of it makes me shudder. Give me Pol Pot, Hitler or Attila the Hun. Those atrocities we can exterminate.

Incorrect.
3 years ago noted climate expert AOC said the planet only had 12 years left, therefore it doesn't freaking matter.

I put this in the Politics section because this shows the ice age and how the earth's land mass has developed over HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of years. Fossil Fuels and cows farting aren't melting jack ****. At the very top, set the drop down to 750 million years and then use the <-- and --> arrow of your keyboard to quickly go through the Earth's history.

Cool site, Badcat. If you go back 50 million years, it shows Biden's birthplace.

Why isn't the ozone layer cause for concern anymore? Did Al Gore fix it? Did noted climate expert AOC help him?

That is a badass sight Badcat, the thing is it is a guess. A scientific guess but a still a guess. the most learned men on our planet constantly get things completely wrong.

If you read Thomas Jeffersons writing to Lewis Clark, they discussed what he should do if they encounter a Wholly mammoth or Saber tooth Tiger.
Gorilla didnt exist to the learned world until the early 1900s.
the same scientists that are talking about climate change and global warming are the same guys that were talking about global cooling in the 70s. I am sure youtube has the video. Spock does a great job of letting us know how ****** we are.

That is a badass sight Badcat, the thing is it is a guess. A scientific guess but a still a guess. the most learned men on our planet constantly get things completely wrong.

If you read Thomas Jeffersons writing to Lewis Clark, they discussed what he should do if they encounter a Wholly mammoth or Saber tooth Tiger.
Gorilla didnt exist to the learned world until the early 1900s.
the same scientists that are talking about climate change and global warming are the same guys that were talking about global cooling in the 70s. I am sure youtube has the video. Spock does a great job of letting us know how ****** we are.

Yep.

That isn't their only failed prediction. ALL have failed and been absurd.

1970: ‘America subject to water rationing by 1974 and food rationing by 1980.’
1971: ‘New Ice Age Coming’
1972: New ice age by 2070
1974: ‘New Ice Age Coming Fast’
1974: ‘Another Ice Age?’
1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life’
1980: ‘Acid Rain Kills Life in Lakes’
1978: ‘No End in Sight’ to 30-Year Cooling Trend
1988: James Hansen forecasts increase regional drought in 1990s
1988: Maldives completely under water in 30 years
1989: Rising seas to ‘obliterate’ nations by 2000
1989: New York City’s West Side Highway underwater by 2019
1995 to Present: Climate Model Failure
2000: ‘Children won’t know what snow is.’
2002: Famine in 10 years
2004: Britain to have Siberian climate by 2020
2008: Arctic will be ice-free by 2018
2008: Al Gore warns of ice-free Arctic by 2013
2009: Prince Charles says only 8 years to save the planet
2009: UK prime minister says 50 days to ‘save the planet from catastrophe’
2013: Arctic ice-free by 2015
2013: Arctic ice-free by 2016
2014: Only 500 days before ‘climate chaos’

Great site Badcat.
Lot of that stuff seems like it just happened yesterday!
All kidding aside it shows just how irrelevant we can be.
Except in our own minds of course!

My belief falls somewhere in the middle of things.
1. Are we the cause of all the things going on? No, not as long as all the volcanic action is spewing gasses into the atmosphere.
2. Are we completely blameless? No, we are not. Between deforestation of LARGE parts of the landmass, and paving over millions of acres of ground, we have to be contributing to some point.

I read a scientific paper years ago that studied the results of temps in areas with a high percentage of concrete and asphalt. It showed that the solar gain that was collected in these masses and temps during night time periods. It showed that in areas without the thermal mass coverage, just a couple miles away, that temps tended to be somewhat cooler during the observation period. Now extrapolate that to situations worldwide, does it make things worse? I have to think it does, but is it the 100% cause, I don’t think so.

This is a political “boogeyman” being created to siphon off tax dollars to corrupt politicians and their huge money donors. There is no serious intent to solve any “crisis”.
Just saw this; very late in responding....if the ashpalt/concrete actually gathered in lots of heat that created "warming", even a bit of heat each day, then that would have to go somewhere. The answer is that it does hold more heat, but then hits a level where it necessarily radiates the excess back into the atmosphere, just like dirt and trees do. If it didn't it would be a heat sink that gathered in energy until it blew up --- real good. So the better analysis of the increased temps is that the same thermometer measuring temps that used to be out in the country 50 years ago and is now in the city is indeed recording higher temps because the surrounding material is holding a higher amount of the same solar energy because it is less reflective. That does not mean the actual temperature locally is higher, just that we have installed small heat sinks around the thermometer. Scientists would not even compare the measurements in different situations if they were actually interested in comparable data, because the data isn't comparable when you change the conditions in which it is measured.

Global warming is a long con perpetrated by compassionate narcissists.