• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Iraq said get out. We need to get out. Otherwise it is an occupation.

I would make that great airport in Iraq, with the yuge, reinforced concrete runways, the US base for ME policing for the next several generations.

It worked in Germany, in Japan, in Korea and will provide a great buffer to Chinese expansion towards the Gulf (the Russians already tried it once). The great benefit is the easy reach of most of the ******** in the entire region. And if China does get adventurous, the middle ground is Afghanistan, Pakistan and India. No one seems to care who fights there.

There is a huge economic benefit, almost never enumerated, as the USD is the global reserve currency because of this projection of strength, because of the global trade in oil in USD (thank Nixon y'all), and because of those seven aircraft carriers also keeping the peace.

If you xenophobes ever did pull all the way back home, the rest of the world would cease to use USD. This would be highly negative and inflationary. The next great global meltdown will be caused by a break in USD anyways, so this would just hasten that depression.

So enlarge and modernize that sand pile. Make it American and colonize it like you have Germany, Japan and South Korea.

Even Obama understood this.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Steeler Nation mobile app