• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is an early winter more proof of global warming?

Spike

Reaction score
The first snowfall to hit Illinois this fall was no polite dusting, but a record-breaking event.

Snow630ES.jpg

State Climatologist Jim Angel said Sunday’s snowfall total was the heaviest snow accumulation for a fall-winter season’s first snow at O’Hare International Airport and likely other sites as well.

“It was the greatest first-of-the-season daily total for Chicago at O’Hare Airport,” Angel said. “That’s the biggest one-day jump to the winter snowfall season.”

http://www.wjbc.com/2016/12/06/sundays-snow-sets-record-in-several-locations/

----------------------

oh right, every raindrop and snowflake is now an 'Extreme Weather' event

b b but the planet is burning up!

More snow expected on Hawaii summits

snowblankets.jpg

Conditions on the summits remain hazardous. Besides being cold, east to southeast winds of 10 to 20 miles per hour are expected with higher gusts. The strong winds also will cause drifting snow, and freezing fog will reduce visibility to as low as a quarter of a mile.

It may be a while before you can see the white stuff up close. The road to the summit of Mauna Kea remains closed at the Visitor Information Station at the 9,200-foot level due to ice and snow on the roadways. The summit of Mauna Loa is also closed due to high winds and heavy snow. This means hiking and overnight camping is prohibited. The National Park Service said a thick blanket of snow was visible as low as 10,000 feet.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/33836634/winter-storm-watch-issued-for-possible-island-snow

What the scientists or media people against global warming won't say is this.

The ice on parts of Greenland and Antarctica is actually growing.

And the sea level has been rising about less than a tenth of an inch per year.

Global warming has more to do with solar activity than anything else, as there have been periods of time of ice or great warmth.

Oh, and the biggest culprits might be China and India.

Reactions: MTC
Where I live winter is late.

Everyone knows Global Warming causes Global Cooling. Ya bunch of uninformed idiots.

Is an early winter more proof of global warming?

Wise up Spike. You know damn well that global warming ended years ago and we have since fallen victim to CLIMATE CHANGE. This early winter only proves that you knuckle dragging deniers know nothing about the weather. Man's victimization of this planet is causing drastic changes to the weather and the only way we can put the earth back in our control is to send money...lots of money to Al Gore @ The linde Group.com
http://www.the-linde-group.com/en/c...ment_and_safety/climate_protection/index.html

Their motto is better weather through donations

Late winters are a sign. So are early winters and average winters.

Wise up Spike.

Oh I listened...I got a load of split oak firewood for my farplace when it drops down to the 40's this weekend....I am prepared

Our winter started 2 MONTHS LATE

Winter was late here too in Northern MN. No early deep freeze until the recent drop. Ice fishing still a ways off.

Zero for a low today, -9 tomorrow. It's here...

Winter was late here too in Northern MN. No early deep freeze until the recent drop. Ice fishing still a ways off.

Zero for a low today, -9 tomorrow. It's here...

I went ice fishing just outside Rushford/Houston area a few years ago. Way more fun than I thought it would be.

Man I don't miss driving in the northern tier states.

Climate change. It's perfect. No silly scientific proof is necessary for something that is influx. It is what they want it to be for them. Until thinking people question their methodology that is. Then it's go on attack, slander, psyop type stuff perpetrated on the often brave dissenters. When that doesn't completely crush their opponents, lies and cheating are naturally employed. The end justifies the means you know?

Where I live winter is late.

It might be late where you are, early where I am, yada, yada, yada, weather has always varied in the entire history of Earth.

Have you ever noticed when they broadcast NFL games that they make sure to mention if it is unseasonably warm, but barely mention when the weather is unseasonably cold? Just following orders.