• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Istanbul airport attack: suicide bombers, 28 dead, 60 wounded so far

Nobody from over there has killed an American on US soil. Turkey allowed ISIS to build up by allowing the joiners to cross
into Syria thru their border. Maybe now they will do their part to rid the world of ISIS.

You know they don't have to be "Over There" to be muslim terrorists, right?

So you would prefer US soldiers die?

Yes. A soldier is a military target.

You seem to see a difference (or don't care) if civilians dying are in France, UK, Istanbul, U.S., Morocco or Israel.

I don't. This is their war. The more success they gain in Istanbul means the greater the threat on U.S. soil. People don't seem to make that connection. When terrorist attacks are successful, that emboldens the entire idea of their effectiveness.

After 9-11, the #1 thing I heard everyone talk about was "take the fight to them". Don't let them plan and scheme in their caves and compounds unabated. Don't let them organize. And we did that. We took the fight to them. And they FLOCKED to Iraq from all over the world to fight us.

I don't disagree the idiots running the show (Rumsfield and Chaney) had no clue this was going to happen. They thought Sadam would topple the people would rejoice. But what did happen was radical Islam found a military target, one which we could and did defend well (they lost a lot more people than we did).

The ratio of casualties in these terror attacks against civilians is 20:1

When they attack military targets is 1:20.

If we are going to win this war of attrition against suicide terror attacks, 20:1 is not going to work. Restricting our freedoms is not going to work. The only way to get their mind off civilians is to create a military target for them to attack. The goal of military has always been to protect us. Against suicide bombers that's how you do it.

Obama has no problem letting 400,000+ civilians die in Syria so their millions of refugees overrun the rest of the world trying to escape.

so yeah, I blame Obama

delz, terrorists are someone else's freedom fighters. why do you wish for our superior military to mow down goat ******* ******** who don't want freedom?