• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It hasn't been pretty

602t8m.png

:flag:

i think he's doing a lot better than espn's qbr says. he does much better in the first half when we're trying to get a lead than he does in the second half when we're playing turtle ball with a one score lead. this has been the case in both games this year. i couldn't find the espn qbr for 1st and 2nd half splits, but here are the stats using regular qb rating.

1st half 21/25 - 84% - 184yds - 7.4ypa - 1td - 0int - 110.7 rating

2nd half 9/18 - 50% - 89yds - 4.9ypa - 0td - 0int - 64.4 rating

he's in the middle of qb rating at 16th. we aren't going to find out more about Fields this year (or the entire offense for that matter) until we actually have to keep playing offense in the second half. i'm not saying he's top ten qb, but i bet he's good enough for what our team needs. fair enough if i'm being somewhat of a homer about Fields.

When throwing for 117 yards is considered an improvement it shows how far we have fallen from having a HOF QB. We might very well be back to the Kordell Stewart days where throwing for 200 yards was considered phenomenal.
Forget hall of fame QB, i'd be happy with a Mason Rudolph level QB performance.

i think he's doing a lot better than espn's qbr says. he does much better in the first half when we're trying to get a lead than he does in the second half when we're playing turtle ball with a one score lead. this has been the case in both games this year. i couldn't find the espn qbr for 1st and 2nd half splits, but here are the stats using regular qb rating.

1st half 21/25 - 84% - 184yds - 7.4ypa - 1td - 0int - 110.7 rating

2nd half 9/18 - 50% - 89yds - 4.9ypa - 0td - 0int - 64.4 rating

he's in the middle of qb rating at 16th. we aren't going to find out more about Fields this year (or the entire offense for that matter) until we actually have to keep playing offense in the second half. i'm not saying he's top ten qb, but i bet he's good enough for what our team needs. fair enough if i'm being somewhat of a homer about Fields.

ESPN has a made up QBR, that fits their agenda. Kind of like PFF using opinionated concepts for stats. M. Garret says Hi

Salute the nation

ESPN has a made up QBR, that fits their agenda. Kind of like PFF using opinionated concepts for stats. M. Garret says Hi

Salute the nation
PFF is absolute garbage

QBR had Fields just behind Mahomes!!! Ope
Also a garbage stat, ESPN and garbage just go hand in hand like chocolate and peanut butter, or Elliot and Fitzpatrick