• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It wouldn't be a shocker to see the Steelers start the season off slow.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
At first glance you might be thinking with all their new parts? Steelers had one of the busiest offseasons in their history of. In free agency they brought in everything from a diddled-eyed joe to damned if I know. Addressing their trenches, receivers, corners, safeties, revamped nearly all their inside linebackers, added much needed outside linebacker depth. Then to cap it off the trade up for a potential elite left tackle, had a solid corner fall to them, another corner fall to them, snagged an energetic tweener of a linebacker, and some nose tackle help for the cherry on top. Whew.

So then why the slow start? Too many new editions to mesh quickly. I think for the long haul their depth will help them, but this horse might be slow out of the gates.

Place your bets.

Will the inside linebackers and corners hold the fort? Will Canada eat all his crayons before the third week? Will Peezy Jr. and Broderick start.. and if they do, will there be early bumps in the road er track? I would think that is a good possibility, some might even say probability.

Got your wallet out? What's your wager?

🤠🐴🧐

Last edited:
Why exactly do we need this drivel of a take?

Just Stop

Totally negative take…Go tell TJ Watt this and see what he says…

Ain’t no one wanna hear this negativity
he asked a question

he is not the only one who wonders if the Steelers will have trouble meshing early

TJ s welcome to his opinion as is slash

he asked a question

he is not the only one who wonders if the Steelers will have trouble meshing early

TJ s welcome to his opinion as is slash
And I am entitled to say get negative energy away from the Steelers…

Why exactly do we need this drivel of a take?

Just Stop
Why was it drivel? Wasn't rosy from the start to finish? Not doom and gloom enough? Tell you what the next thread is but a click away. Maybe that one will meet your offseason standards.

Is the A stand for *******?

Totally negative take…Go tell TJ Watt this and see what he says…

Ain’t no one wanna hear this negativity
A rough start is a totally negative take? I doubt cooch will loan you his cone but perhaps if you ask nicely.

Tomlin is known for slow starts.

Tomlins strategy of " rent a linebacker " for the ILB positions really hasn't been fruitful ( yet).

We have faith in Kenny, but he really has a lot yet to prove in this league.

I like our rb situation. Let's hope injury doesn't change that.

I also like our wr's. Austin has a lot to pr. ( Remember Troy edwards). Pickens must improve routes, and more if them.

Canada claims Tomlin is the one shackling the offense. Remove the shackles Tomlin! Release the hounds!

At first glance you might be thinking with all their new parts? Steelers had one of the busiest offseasons in their history of. In free agency they brought in everything from a diddled-eyed joe to damned if I know. Addressing their trenches, receivers, corners, safeties, revamped nearly all their inside linebackers, added much needed outside linebacker depth. Then to cap it off the trade up for a potential elite left tackle, had a solid corner fall to them, another corner fall to them, snagged an energetic tweener of a linebacker, and some nose tackle help for the cherry on top. Whew.

So then why the slow start? Too many new editions to mesh quickly. I think for the long haul their depth will help them, but this horse might be slow out of the gates.

Place your bets.

Will the inside linebackers and corners hold the fort? Will Canada eat all his crayons before the third week? Will Peezy Jr. and Broderick start.. and if they do, will there be early bumps in the road er track? I would think that is a good possibility, some might even say probability.

Got your wallet out? What's your wager?

🤠🐴🧐

Did you not hear Tomlin talking recently? We might we might have a new long snapper! Even if rookies start, I'm thinking we might go 17-0! Ante up.

Sarcasm. This team has not won a playoff game in six years and counting. If you must gamble it will likely be seven.

I don’t know if they’ll start slow or how many games they’re going to win. But I do know there’s no excuses this year. Not for Pickett, not for Canada, not for Tomlin, not for anybody. IMO, the Steelers improved both lines and the secondary. ILB is a question mark. I think Najee and Jalen are more than capable as are the TE’s and WR’s. If they stay relatively healthy, no reason this team shouldn’t win 10 games.