• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It wouldn't be a shocker to see the Steelers start the season off slow.

Did you not hear Tomlin talking recently? We might we might have a new long snapper! Even if rookies start, I'm thinking we might go 17-0! Ante up.

Sarcasm. This team has not won a playoff game in six years and counting. If you must gamble it will likely be seven.
Seven trophies? Because 7 wins would be a losing season. Nothing you have seen should point to that.

I don’t know if they’ll start slow or how many games they’re going to win. But I do know there’s no excuses this year. Not for Pickett, not for Canada, not for Tomlin, not for anybody. IMO, the Steelers improved both lines and the secondary. ILB is a question mark. I think Najee and Jalen are more than capable as are the TE’s and WR’s. If they stay relatively healthy, no reason this team shouldn’t win 10 games.
I agree no excuses. And 10 games is fair. Hoping for more but yeah...

The Steelers are noted for starting slow, so even before this thread I've been looking at it as........ it wouldn't be a shocker if they started out strong.

An exceptionally good draft, good acquisitions. On paper a big improvement, and the hype the Steelers are getting from outsiders.

The Steelers are noted for starting slow, so even before this thread I've been looking at it as........ it wouldn't be a shocker if they started out strong.

An exceptionally good draft, good acquisitions. On paper a big improvement, and the hype the Steelers are getting from outsiders.
That is the counter they could exceed all expectations, that would be a very welcome occurrence.

They are definitely slow starters. Tomlin definitely lives in his fears. And, Canaduh has shown nothing to prove he can be a top-caliber NFL OC. I definitely think they struggle to score early in the season due to ultra-conservative play and as a result, will start the season slow as molasses. I hope I'm wrong and they can get out of the gate reasonably fast on the way to a 10+ win season and a playoff victory.

To the original question........who knows! On a positive side, they start the season at home, but will face the 49er's, the new darlings of the NFL.

If they get a W in week one, the momentum builds quickly, if not it might be another late surge, gasping air effort to maybe get a playoff berth.

I'm used to a sometimes slow Steelers start... the important thing is to finish the regular season strong as they go into playoffs.

Its quite realistic that they start slow… but hopefully they win all those early Games and then are a juggernaut by seasons end… dont want to peak early, after all…

There are several key areas to focus on that may have a slower start to the season than the end..

1. The Oline -it’s possible that they go into the season with only 1 new starter… but equally possible that Jones beats out Moore and Moore beats out chuks. That would give them 3 players in new positions and usually that kind ofshakeup takes a quarter to half a season to gel…

2. The secondary and middle of the defense
- new SS
- at least one new outside CB
- a new Slot CB
- at least one rookie that at worse will be a top backup
- two new ILB’s
Add that the NT position will potentially be a new guy too and thats a ton of change

3. The QB in a second season…
Yeah, overall he should show improvement… but early on he will face that dreaded sophomore challenge of having teams have an offseason to break down his tendencies… so sometimes there is a bit of a learning curve getting past that

Why was it drivel? Wasn't rosy from the start to finish? Not doom and gloom enough? Tell you what the next thread is but a click away. Maybe that one will meet your offseason standards.

Is the A stand for *******?
The “A” stands for doucebag

Its quite realistic that they start slow… but hopefully they win all those early Games and then are a juggernaut by seasons end… dont want to peak early, after all…

There are several key areas to focus on that may have a slower start to the season than the end..

1. The Oline -it’s possible that they go into the season with only 1 new starter… but equally possible that Jones beats out Moore and Moore beats out chuks. That would give them 3 players in new positions and usually that kind ofshakeup takes a quarter to half a season to gel…

2. The secondary and middle of the defense
- new SS
- at least one new outside CB
- a new Slot CB
- at least one rookie that at worse will be a top backup
- two new ILB’s
Add that the NT position will potentially be a new guy too and thats a ton of change

3. The QB in a second season…
Yeah, overall he should show improvement… but early on he will face that dreaded sophomore challenge of having teams have an offseason to break down his tendencies… so sometimes there is a bit of a learning curve getting past that
I’m not sure how they’d break down his tendencies when the OC seemed to pulling plays out of a hat, few of which actually challenged the defense. Other than throwing outside all the time, and staring down receivers I’m not sure what else there is to know.

Did you not hear Tomlin talking recently? We might we might have a new long snapper! Even if rookies start, I'm thinking we might go 17-0! Ante up.

Sarcasm. This team has not won a playoff game in six years and counting. If you must gamble it will likely be seven.
douchebag

if you have to point out sarcasm, you aren't doing it correctly

Last edited:
:LOL: 3 years, 10 years, at my age they're pretty much the same thing.
Remember that Super Bowl we won a couple years ago? Bradshaw to Swann!!! Mel played an awesome game.

douchebag

I point it
douchebag

Well, I point if out for fools like you and back if up with facts.

I made you look at the very bottom of the post to.

I point it

Well, I point if out for fools like you and back if up with facts.

I made you look at the very bottom of the post to.
A resident fool tries to call someone else a fool. A lot of Tom foolery going on.